What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Snow White Micro Grow

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Good and bad news, friends...

Good news first!

The spider mites seem to be dropping off quickly. I'll wash off the first dose of neem tomorrow evening. I think I'll hit them with another neem mist later this week, for insurance. I fed them this evening, their first meal since the flush. I used Flora Nova Grow @ 2tsp/gal and Cal-Mag @ 1tsp/gal.

Assorted budshots...

Now for the bad news...

Four of the five seedlings have crapped out on me. They all had super short taproots that went nowhere. The fifth is still going strong, we'll see how it goes...

Time for some bonus good news!

I had enough immature growth sprout up under the canopy of both plants, to where I could grab some decent clones. These look a little more 'standard issue' than my last attempt.

SoulShine

Inquiring minds want to know?

Inquiring minds want to know?

Hows those clones coming? Getting any roots? Watcha using there perlite and a wick? Are you using cloning gel?
SS

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Day 43 of Flowering:

I've noticed a definite decrease in the spider mites since the original neem oil application. The ladies have since been rinsed, and recieved another neem oil misting. I'll probably continue to do so until I begin my final flushing period.

A few more weeks to go...shit is getting tense.

@SoulShine: the clones seem to be doing well. No roots, but they haven't wilted yet either. I figure I'll see some progress in another week or so...

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Those buds sure are looking nice! I see they are starting to get greasy with trichomes. How is the carbon scrubber handling the smell? Keep up the good work

-Funk

SoulShine

Awesome lookin buds coming on there Pan-op! Those trichs are shining bright! I hadn't heard of this strain but I guess it's a sativa from the looks of it, right? Have you grown it before or had the pleasure of sampling it? Man, I been without anything good for like 5 months now and think I'm getting a buzz just looking at your buds. All thats been around here is crappy brown. Better than nothing, but just bearly! Ha!

I'm getting ready to build a bubble cloner. Just picked up the stuff tonight & hope to put it together tomorrow. AND, just got one confirmed female! Yeah!

Can't tell on the other three yet. Another few days, I guess.

Talk to you later, bro!
SS

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
@FunkBomb: The carbon scrubber is still handling the stank like a champ. It's unbelieveable how effective Red_Greenery's little scrubber is.

@SoulShine: Here's some info from Nirvana about Snow White:
Snow White is one of our highest quality selections from the “white” family. The fat pure indica father gives Snow White a denser statue than its close relative, White Widow. This F1 hybrid is a big yielder with dense sticky buds covered in trichomes. Well suited for hydro or similar systems. Great smooth taste and a powerful indica stone make this strain a nice Widow variation.

Plant type: Best suitable for outdoor growing.
Plant height: Medium- Indica/Sativa mix
Stoned or high?: Stoned- Indica Body Buzz
THC level: Strong 15-20%
Flowering Weeks: 8/10
Yield (Sea of Green on one m2): 350/450
Harvest Month: 9/10
Grow difficulty: Easy (Good for beginners)

I'm glad to hear that you have at least one lady, I know it's a rush of relief. Stay alert, however, as you may have more on the way; don't count the rest out just yet... Good luck with the cloner as well.

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Day 46 Flowering:

Budshots:

As you can see, C is looking a little rough as of lately. The tips of a few fan leaves have began to die off. This is a little different than the fan leaf shedding that plants do towards the end of flowering, as they aren't dying consistently. I moved the plants down from light a little, and have continued treating for spider mites. I'm not too worried, however, as these little ladies only have a week or three left...

By the way, my clones have started rooting, so I should have some healthy little doppelgangers around shortly.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Plants are looking great thus far. Are you still fertilizing or are you flushing yet? Just something to consider in the next week or so. Good to hear you have clones rooted, that sure does make life a little easier. Keep us posted

-Funk

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
I'm still fertilizing, but I've backed off to half-strength. I'm considering flushing just to help reset the pH, but I guess now would be the time to start the final deferting period right? I mean, it is day 48.

Last edited:

highonthechroni

C
Veteran
So about 6 weeks of 12/12?

I don't think now would be the time to start the "deferting period". Looks like they still have a while to go. Definately not a week. Probably around 3 :yes:

Give them a flush of pH'ed water - you should do this once every 1 - 2 weeks to clear out any nute build up. I don't think your plants (at this stage) should burn at 'full strength'. So don't back down to half strength for too long :D. I'd say a day or 2 after the flush give them half strength, then the next feeding make it full strength.

Glad your clones rooted, good luck with them :D

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Sweet, I was hoping I'd still see some weight get packed on...

I've already flushed my ladies, and will hook them up with another feeding in two or so days.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Hey Panop how are things going? Have the buds started to fatten up some yet? Give us our pictorial fix!

-Funk

peeked interest!!!!

peeked interest!!!!

panopticist your enthusiasm prompted me to go read red_greenerys thread. Now i gotta do me a micro.....though i feel like i should continue using a bubbler system to do it, It is the only way I am kinda comfortable with. Props to you and red!!

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Sweet dude.

What's really great about Red's setup is that it is just one possible configuration of literally thousands. You can substitute CFLs with low powered HID's, rubbermaids for cabinets, soil for hydro. I am about to assemble a smaller version of the Panopticab for mothers/clones/veg, and have plans to design a larger version for a 250 HPS once I move to a home with more room. Both are based on principles I learned from Red's thread and all those who submitted their variations.

Once you get your gear setup, start a thread and maybe it'll inspire another grower to spin it their way...

PS: Get a cabinet, doors are highly underrated. Lifting a rubbermaid twice a day is some bullshit.

Last edited:

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Day 56 of Flowering:

The girls seem to be packing on some serious weight at this point. After returning from a short vacation yesterday, I fed the ladies some full strength nutes and applied a new coating of neem oil. While I was gone, more spider mites had a chance to move in, but I was able to remove the slight buildup of webbing with water prior to the neem treatment.

More of my fan leaves are showing damage, though the buds are developing nicely. It would seem that I have two nice phenotypes, one indica dominant and the other sativa. The sativa dom., a.k.a. C, is showing the most wear, yet is producing the most bud. B was much more resistant to the pests, even though they both were in the same room in the same conditions. Interesting, huh?

Anyways, here's some shots for all my buds...

I'm thinking that I should begin to flush my ladies with plain water and continue to do so for the next two weeks. I'd like to think I could harvest around the 26th.

I'd like to hear some second opinions...

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Plants are looking really nice and starting to fatten up. If you plan to harvest in about two weeks begin the flush soon. Have you been able to look at the trichome color at all? That may help you decide when you want to harvest. Keep up the good work.

-Funk