What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Snow White Micro Grow

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
@FunkBomb: I've got a RadioShak microscope, so I've been monitoring the trichome development. Most of which are clear at this point, so the whole two weeks thing is me just being impatient. I'm looking for a nice head buzz, so that'd be like 40% clear, 50% milky & 10% amber, right?

Check out the roots on my clones:

The other three look very similar, white n' healthy...

They just got transplanted this evening, by the way...

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Yeah for the head high you want to have some clear/cloudy trichomes. The only downside to this is that your yield is affected by harvesting early to achieve that kind of feeling. I've never been one to wait until all amber trichomes even on totally indica strains either.

-Funk

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Found this...
23457trichomeharvest.jpg

It'd be interesting to harvest a single plant in stages to achieve different variations on the same bud. Could a plant tolerate such stress and still have their trichomes ripen normally?

Last edited:

SoulShine

Nice find Pan-op. I'm wondering too about the difference between the Indica and Sativa highs. Always heard that Sativa is a more up high and Indica is a more couch lock high, but can you change that by when you harvest? I'm almost always more into the "up" high than the narcotic high. Just wondering. I also picked seed strains that were Indica-sativa mixes that advertised an up high. We'll see.
SS

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
@SoulShine: While an Indica or a Sativa will retain the majority of it's genetic characteristics in terms of it's high, you can influence it to some degree by watching the trichomes and harvesting when they reach your desired state.

G

sweet buddage panopticist....how many days you think they got left? how are the trichs if you have checked them?

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Here's what's left of C after a day of drying...
23457harvestC.jpg

Her trichomes were a nice mix of milky and amber, so she got the chop!

B will still require a few more days for her glands to fully ripen. Will report back soon...

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Hah! All my budz are here!

The final weigh in for C was 14g+ (the plus is for my sample nugget, I couldn't resist...)
I was shooting for more, but it was my first run.

I've still got another lady finishing up with some dense nuggets, three clones in veg, and a brand new veg cabinet I haven't even revealed yet. It's been a busy couple of months...

So I think I'll take a break and blaze one. I think you should, too. I mean, this thread is at least eight pages long, that's a lot of reading you did...

That's my favorite bowl, by the way. I cleaned it up just for you...

What will I do different next time?
1. Use dolomite lime to buffer pH.
2. Use larger pots for flowering. I've recently secured a few 2gal buckets that will offer nearly twice the volume of my current 8" pots. I learned that downward growth is proportional to upward growth...
3. Use HID for flowering. I am not saying CFLs won't work for flower, because my own thread proves that statement false. But would like to trade out most of my CFLs for a 150w HPS, which will require less energy, allow for a remote ballast, and provide larger, more dense nuggets...
4. Sterilize soil prior to use. I have a sneaking suspicion that this is where my spider mite infestation began. When I grew mushies, I had to pressure cook my BRF medium to kill off any endospores, so I'm researching methods to do the same for soil.

I'll catch up with all of you when I've got the Panopticab Micro finished and B harvested. And thanks again for all of the knowledge and support you all have provided. I couldn't have done it without you...

Last edited:

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Still goin', dude! Her trichomes are just now starting to amber up significantly, but the fattening of her buds has leveled off, so any day now I guess.

Since you got me thinking, I went and checked her ripeness and she's at 50/50 milky & amber, so she's probably going the chop tomorrow. I am interested in re-vegging her because her nuggets look fat! Had she had more favorable growing conditions during veg, I'm sure she would've gotten at least 3 to 4 times larger...

I plan on using her as a mom, because her genetics are tight...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts