What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Snow White Micro Grow

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
A ph pen or test kit would be nice yes, but is unecessary for soil. Lime is cheap and can be added with water. It will buffer your pH and keep everything neutral. That is why the best soil mixes have lime added already.

-Funk

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
FunkBomb: thanks for the info about the lime, I'll grab a bag ASAP and see if everything balances out...

As of yesterday, I flipped my little friends to 12/12. I'll take some photos within the next day or two so you all can see their progress. The next major issue I'm dealing with will be sexing them, I hope I get a decent ratio of M's to F's, but all I really want is one strong female so I can clone her for the next round...

NOFpuXnk

i was just kidding pano.. but im a POOR bastard. i dont eat for a week so that i can buy a useless accessorie for my grow.

ur grow looks great man i just leet seeing plants be pampered

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
12/12 means the fun begins. You are going to want to keep on with the vegetative ferts for the first two weeks in flower. The plants need them for the stretch and so they don't become deficient. This is also the best time to FIM or top the plants. That way when they stretch they stretch out some and not just upwards.

How have the plants been growing since the fertilizers/cal mag addition?

-Funk

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
I FIMmed the plants about a week ago in preparation for 12/12, so the new shoots would be well established. Thanks for the heads up about the veg nutes, I was about to feed them the bloom formula, but will hold off for a week or so...

The Cal-Mag made the plants very happy. No more yellowing or deficiencies that I can tell.

I'll get some pictures up as soon as I'm home...

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great to hear that the Cal-mag worked :) I grow in a light soil mix, which has very little nutrition in it to begin with so when I go 12/12 I use both bloom and veg nutes together. So long as you have some N it's all gravy.

frozen_herb

What's up pan. Have you noticed any stretch yet since you have flipped to 12/12? How about any results from your FIMing? i.e. how many offshoots? Keep up the good work, and in due time, you will be rewarded greatly.

-fh

p.s. - try not to electrocute yourself on any light sockets, or cut your hand if you make a heat shield ;-)

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
@frozen_herb: Hah! You know me too well...

I'm going to report back with some photos for everyone...

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
The plants have been repotted a few times and I got confused as to which was which, so I had to rename them. The letters from this point on don't refer to the plants before this post, only subsequent posts. Got it? Good.

Moving on...

Plant C: I hope it's a girl, because it is beefy and the biggest of the bunch...

This is plant D. A close second to plant C...

Plant B:

Plant A:

Both B and A are smaller than C and D, so they are currently kept in a scaled down version of Red's Tub. As soon as I can positively ID the females, I'll move the strongest one or two to the full size box.

I'm probably going to take some clones this weekend, could someone help point out which branches I should remove? Feel free to circle it on my picture or what-have-you...

Dinner time!

Last edited:

RevolutionX

panopticist said:
I'm probably going to take some clones this weekend, could someone help point out which branches I should remove? Feel free to circle it on my picture or what-have-you...

Dinner time!

I would wait another week or so to take some cuts..imo...it just looks like the lateral branches need a bit more time to stretch out. I like give an extra node and cut below the node and remove fan leaf- sometimes it helps to root faster or more profusely. Good luck to ya bro- lookin damn good so far :headbange

frozen_herb

You could take them from either A, B, C, D (as marked on the below picture) and their are pros and cons to which one.

A, B, C, are all good strong growth sites and would root more readily than D at this point. If you cut the however, you are reducing the strong growth from reaching the screen and producing big buds.

D on the other hand while it will make it the screen, is always going to be a little behing the previously mentioned growths. I would wate a little longer, let it devlope a little more, then take D. I normaly take cuttings when the growth spots are between 2" and 4" . Just my two cents.

-frozen_herb

Edit: You will need to wait on the other three plants however. They are not developed enough.

Last edited:

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Things are looking good. Be weary of the fastest, bushiest plants. I say this because in all my previous grows, the fastest best looking plants were always males. The ladies tend to take more time for blast off into fast growth during flower.

-Funk

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Awesome, all my budz are here...

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I'll give them some more time, post more pics, and we'll discuss it further.

Last edited:

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Hey everyone.

I've been keeping an eye out for some flowers, and here's the first sign of them. Seeing how new these nubbins are, I can't tell what they are just yet, but maybe you see something that I don't...

A.

B.

C.

D.

Here's hoping for some girls...

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey mate, great photos - bit early to tell the sex though, don't worry, you'll get there :D

I was looking closely at your plants, do you reckon you've got a bit of a Nitrogen/Phosphorus def? You've got purpling/pinky stems and leaf necrosis. In your photos you seem to have a lot of perlite at the surface, this can be a sign of overwatering and soggy soils can lead to the above deficiencies.

Whats the drainage like in those big pots? how often do you water? What soil mix are you using? and what nutes do you use? (if you don't mind me asking)

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Sweet. I am getting a bit jumpy now that things are hitting critical mass...

The necrosis is only taking place at the very bottom of the plant, and if you'll reference some of my earlier pictures, you'll see that they'd been burnt relatively early on. I would not, however, put it past me to leave the plant lacking in some fashion or another, seeing how this is my debut grow.

I should have a lot of perlite everywhere, frankly. I use 2 parts soil to 1-1.5 parts perlite, and some vermiculite thrown in for good measure. The pots seem to drain well, I water them until I see run-off, then let them sit in the sink for five or so minutes while they continue to drain off all the excess fluid. I water when the pot feels light, which equates to every four or so days. As far as nutes go, I'm using GH Flora Nova, Grow and Bloom formulas. So far, I've only used the Grow formula. With the next watering, I'll start them on the Bloom formula. I also throw in some Cal-Mag for good measure.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Things are looking good thus far. Be patient with sexing because sometimes it will take a week or more for them to show. Once the stretching has stopped you can move over to the flowering nutes and watch the buds develop...good times indeed.

-Funk

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Another quick round of photos.

Day 14 of 12/12 and nothing new to report, again...

A:

B:

C:

D:

I still can't tell what is what, and I'm getting anxious...