What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Snow White Micro Grow

blakhash

oooo ok. they just look REALLY tiny thats all good luck cloning it. my clones are usually 1 ince new growth nods at minimum.

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Proof that I'm at least half-informed:

The third clone didn't make it. I must've crushed the stem when examining it yesterday...

The first clone is already showing rooty-nubs on the node, they don't show too well in the picture. I'm sure the second isn't too far behind.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Those ladies sure are looking good so far. I can't wait to watch those budsites develop and swell up. What is your fertilizing regiment at this point? Things look great. Keep up the good work.

-Funk

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
I'm currently feeding the ladies Flora Nova Bloom @ 3tsp/gal and Cal-Mag @ 1tsp/gal with every watering (usually every 3 days, give or take).

Yesterday, I also stopped by Home De Pot and grabbed some velcro tie-downs so I could manage the plants height. This grow has involved into some bastard child of LST and Scrog...

I'll post a pic this afternoon.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Your feeding schedule sounds good. Just be sure to watch the leaf tips for burning. Some strains can take lots of ferts while others can barely take them. It's a strange genetic thing. During the middle/end of flowering I have to recommend using some bat guano. In my experience, it is hands down the best bud greaser and fattener. Let me know if you need want to use some.

-Funk

T

totaln00b

Looking nice that's how mine looks right now too. I can't wait til mine explodes! I'm sure you're feeling the same way.

How are your clones doing?

SoulShine

Nice buds coming Pan-op!! H3LL YEAH!!

My grow is coming along. Will post an update soon. Might need some help looking at preflowers soon.

SS

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Erm, about my clones...they are dead. Now that I've been better informed about cloning, I think my next go round will work better. I plan on revegging C for another round after she's finished flowering, so I'll have a second chance to copy her...

However, I've already germed and planted 5 Northern Lights x White Rhino seeds that frozen_herb bred a while back. I'm probably going to give 12/12 from seed a shot, I'm intrigued...

Last edited:

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Quick Update on Day 31 of Flower:

The sisters are looking good, but I am starting to notice a deficiency, or more correctly, a buildup of nutrients. I've been using GH Flora Nova Bloom @ 3tsp/gal and Cal-Mag @ 1tsp/gal with every watering (usually every 3 days, give or take). This is full strength, and I'm wondering if I'm not overfeeding the ladies...

Of the two, B has always been a little slack. She's been a little speckled for a few weeks now, but I think I should address the situation before it gets any worse. Remember, they still have another month or more to go...

I am starting to notice some leaf tip burning on C, which implies that I am overfeeding. There are also some speckles starting to develop on her as well, on some of the older growth.

There aren't any insect infestations in my cab, so I have a feeling this is all related to how I am feeding the ladies...Any advice?

UPDATE: 8.21.07: I was wrong. The spots weren't from lockout or over-fertilization, but from Spider Mites. Take note...

Last edited:

SoulShine

FLUSH, FLUSH, FLUSH, with straight water. Three times the volume of the container is what I have read.

Sorry to hear about the clones. I'm sure the next round will go better. I've yet to try it, myself, but soon.

You can do it, we can help! Ha!

SS

frozen_herb

Everything thing is looking pretty good overall. I know you will be more than pleased when the time comes! As for your problem, are you sure there aren’t any bugs involved? Some live underneath the leave and are hard to see. They ultimately suck out the sugars and plant material leaving small speckles similar to what you are seeing. If you are sure there are no bugs then flush like soulshine mentioned and start back with a slightly less concentrated fert. I can't think of a single deficiency, although it could be some sort of toxicity/lockout of some sort. You should consult the grow bible or take it over to the infirmary. Those guys might be able to identify the culprit.

-fh

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Chiggity ching-chong! 1 point for frozen!

After our conversation yesterday, I went back and inspected the sisters a little more closely. Lo and behold I found little white dots chillin' on the underside of my leaves, and a faint wisp of webbing at the bottom of the main stalk: spider mite motherfuckers! Frozen said he'd be willing to lend some NEEM oil if I needed it, so this mess is about to end...

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My sisters. And you will know My name is Pan-Op when I lay my NEEM oil upon thee!

(A thousand pardons to Samuel L. Jackson...)

T

totaln00b

Be careful with the neem I've read that it can give your buds a bad taste if used to close to harvest. You might wanna read a little about it. I think if you spray with plain water after the neem that it will help this but I am not certain.

Hope you get your pest problem under control. I used neem during veg for my springtails and thrips (not exactly sure but this is what I think they were) and they never came back. Gotta love the neem.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Over the last few years I've figured out a way to help kill the mites along with the neem oil. After your spray the plants, run the fan leaves between your fingers. You will pick up lots of mites in between your fingers. You can wash your hands, but I crush the fuckers first, then wash my hands. Think of it as assisted population control :joint:

-Funk

frozen_herb

How about some updates! Any sign of mite destruction? Some new budshots would be nice too. Oh yea, and how about those NLxWR? Are they going strong? Lets see some pics of thosed too.

-fh