What's new

Smokey's Indoor Grow.....

agito

What's the issue?
This, MC's, and fiftys were my original inspiration for my auto sog's. I just went bigger with lights pots and plant size. Yields can be off the hook!

just notices the yellowing leave on bottom , and scorch marks from spraying its not an insult just some feed back. I was pulling 2.5's of chronic ryders in the same era granted under a 600w . I had similar looking plants a while back and it was a ph/cal issue even with organics. Since correcting my yield and plant size is up 3 fold.

Imo starting pots could have been a tad bigger also

agito

Example this plant was 4 weeks old granted its a newer cross. grown in a very very basic super soil in a 120cm tent

picture.php

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just notices the yellowing leave on bottom , and scorch marks from spraying its not an insult just some feed back. I was pulling 2.5's of chronic ryders in the same era granted under a 600w . I had similar looking plants a while back and it was a ph/cal issue even with organics. Since correcting my yield and plant size is up 3 fold.

Imo starting pots could have been a tad bigger also

Read the explanations given with the pictures. If you think the plants that I just posted look bad you should have seen them two weeks ago.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also, I grow plants so that they are done in 60-65 days. A plant growing that big is not finishing in 60 days. That looks like a plant in full veg mode.

agito

I dont grow 60 day plants anymore as i get about 1.5-2 off them if i wait another 10 days i can get another .5-1 oz for me the extra 10 days is worth it makes sense as they probs veg 7-10 days longer

I can post the plant that finished under 60 thats not an issue If it helps any.

I'm just here to exchange ideas and strain thoughts as ive had my fair share of problem until recent.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If these next batch of plants look like shit like these current ones then I will start to believe you about the Ph. I don't see how it could be acid soil as I lime my soil before it gets used.

agito

My main issue was soft water so when i added nutrients it went way below 6.0 (organic) micro fauna in organics dont really thrive below 6.0, the lack of cal and mag was also buffered and helped corrected by dolmite lime which also helped. i had to read eds book page to page to discover the soft water cal mag issue its cost me thousands.

Now i use a simple super soil and dont have to feed to day 40-50 so most problems for me are side stepped.

the above plant is on seaweed only no ferts at that point.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well it got worse for me today. I think some of the plants may have hermied due to the stress at the wrong time in their lives. Some of the plants are showing signs of being pollinated. I see hard bumps through the tops of some of the plants and it's seems flower production has stopped. I might have to scrap this whole grow.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I might just take the plants I see with the hard bumps and trash them and see what becomes of the rest. I hate killing plants before their life span has went through full cycle.

dickcorn

Went back and zoomed in on pics, maybe smaller pots caused drying out,root bound,lockout issues? Diddnt you mention these are larger autos? Are you using softened water?

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It sucks. The two smaller plants that I didn't put in the big pots now have buds on them three times the size of the plants in the big tent. I'm going to give it a week and then if I don't like what I see I'm going to kill the plants and spray the tent with half bleach/half water.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Went back and zoomed in on pics, maybe smaller pots caused drying out,root bound,lockout issues? Diddnt you mention these are larger autos? Are you using softened water?

No softened water. It's regular tap water that I let sit for a day so the chlorine breaks down. Are you asking about the more recent pictures? If so they were just transplanted two weeks ago from 16oz cups so I doubt those are completely root bound yet.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also, there are for sure nanners on a bunch of plants. I pulled the bananas off and rolled them in my fingers. Definitely had pollen inside them. Very annoying. If I remember correctly, a mix of water and bleach with damage what pollen is left enough for it not to pollinate again right? I haven't had to do this in 5 years so my mind is foggy about it.

I have 8 feminized seeds that I'm going to germ tonight and I'm going to grow them directly in 2 gallon pots to see if they bigger than the plants do in the one gallon pots after being transplanted from 16oz cups.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I only had 7 feminised seeds. I have 4 diesel ryders, 2 cream caramels, and 1 NorthernLightsxBig bud. I also had some seeds I have yet to grow out to see if I am going to want to make my own cross with their genes. I have pink bud, fruit salad, and blue streak. These were all sent to me from a friend. I have yet to grow them out to see what they look like. Here's to hoping I get at least one female from each kind. I have 8 pink bud, 3 fruit salad, and 7 blue streaks in paper towels.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nothing wrong with these plants. It's from the previous damage done to them when I let them go a week while I was gone. They have slowly began to look more and more healthy. Fixing the PH isn't going to magically remove all the necrotic spots. If my plants didn't look like this towards the end of flowering then I would be worried. Plants should slowly get yellower and yellower the closer they get to the finish line. Otherwise you will be left with harsh harsh smoking bud. Even flushing them doesn't work as well as slowly weening the nutrients from the plants. I do both anyway.