What's new

Smokey's Indoor Grow.....

Santa67

Smokey, I see your growing in big fountain drink cups...I've been wanting to try that myself, but I wasn't sure if yield would lack, do you think it does? How much yield is average with them cups?

I was thinking about getting some real vertical up and down cups/pots...Also, how many of these suckers you think would fit in a box that is 4 feet hieght, 2 feet width, and 3 feet in length

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just found these cups but they're bigger than big fountain cups. This is the first time I've used them. These will hold almost 2 liters of soil. They are 30 centimeters tall.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I kind of screwed up again. I wasn't paying enough attention to what my plants were telling me. They were stretching like crazy because I had too many plants together. If I do this again I'll have to try it with half the amount of plants so they have the chance to bush out instead of grow up. I had to put 9 plants in the big tent and they are three feet tall. The others are all 2-2.5ft tall. I cut off all growth from the bottom of the plants to about a foot up the stem today.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The plants in the bigger pots were moved to the smaller box due to the other plants having to be moved into the big tent. I haven't decided on their fate yet. They might be going outdoors. The plants in the beer cups that end up being females will be put into big pots and placed outdoors. These other plants growing so tall really screwed up my plans.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Diesel Ryder

picture.php

G13 diesel

picture.php

This is the last of the 3 plants I left inside. I already cut the cola off. 7 of the others I put outside have had the colas chopped as well. The inside plants' buds look nicer but the ones moved outdoors are more pungent.

picture.php

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
These are all the smaller plants and 5 of the ones you previously saw in beer cups. There are 4 Pink buds and 1 Blue Streak. The bigger plants have had all bottom growth trimmed. The plants in the 2 gallon pots are looking nicer and nicer every day. I thinking I'm going to throw the bigger plants in the tent into big rubbermaid tubs and throw them outside in the woods. I am much more curious to see how these plants in the 2 gallon buckets will turn out inside. Rather than these other big tall sticks. Also, the afghan kush I was planing on using for clones turned out to be an auto so I topped it and I put it outside. It's about 2ft tall now. I will get pictures when I put the others out.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice man!

Your like the king of autos...lol

Have you ever grown Easy Ryder and used LED lights with an Organic soil mix / Organic nutes ?

The easy ryder I grew out was very potent but the buds were a bit airy. Never used led lights. I only use botanicare nutrients which are organically made.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you don't have a problem with 15 plants in that small of an area?

Dont they bush out and tangle with each other?

No, plants will only bush out if you allow them to. When I have 15 plants next to each other they mainly bush out only a little bit and then only grow upwards. I forgot to take pictures and I'm not going back to the barn today. Probably won't be able to get pictures until tomorrow.

No, plants will only bush out if you allow them to. When I have 15 plants next to each other they mainly bush out only a little bit and then only grow upwards. I forgot to take pictures and I'm not going back to the barn today. Probably won't be able to get pictures until tomorrow.

Thanks, would it be a good idea to use TOMATO CAGES FOR EACH PLANT TO PREVENT BUSHYNESS?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Gilbert-Bennett-54-in-Tomato-Cage-901592A/202295650?N=5yc1vZbx6i

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks, would it be a good idea to use TOMATO CAGES FOR EACH PLANT TO PREVENT BUSHYNESS?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Gilbert-Bennett-54-in-Tomato-Cage-901592A/202295650?N=5yc1vZbx6i

Waste of money. You can use bigger pots and have bigger plants but they take too long, IMO. I use these smaller pots and get a harvest every 2 months. I used bigger pots this time like people told me to and the plants are 3 weeks from being done. If I would have did it my normal way I would have been close to being ready to harvest by now. I also have a plethora of seeds to use though. If I only had a limited number of seeds I would go the bigger pot, bigger plant route.

Waste of money. You can use bigger pots and have bigger plants but they take too long, IMO. I use these smaller pots and get a harvest every 2 months. I used bigger pots this time like people told me to and the plants are 3 weeks from being done. If I would have did it my normal way I would have been close to being ready to harvest by now. I also have a plethora of seeds to use though. If I only had a limited number of seeds I would go the bigger pot, bigger plant route.

the question is....how much more yield tho on that bigger pot?

is the extra 3 weeks going to be worth the yield?

Smokey, any explanation on why the plants you potted in the 2 gallon pot are smaller to start off with then the ones you put in the red party cups?

This is top of page 27, btw

Latest posts

Latest posts