What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Slerple Old School Hash - Legal Hash Review

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Slerple Old School Hash – Legal Hash Review

Genetics: Slerple (Slapz (Runtz x Grease Monkey) x Terple (Tropicana Cookies x Slurricane))
Grower/Producer: Nugz (Cannara Biotech)

Overall: 9.4/10

Bag Appeal: It’s a lump of very soft (but not oily) black hash. It came in the usual envelope so people won’t go blind if they catch a glimpse of this and then in a shitty poly bag that you have to scape the last little bit off. That’s my glass jar in the photo btw . . .

slerple-old-school.jpg

Smell: sweet rich loam with a lemony berry fruitiness
Taste: sweet incense – earthy backnote
Potency: Tested THC @ 46.0%, CBD @ 0.2
Terpenes: Farnesene, Caryophyllene, and Linalool
Duration: 9.5/10

This is a new strain in the Old School series from Nugz. Old School? Nah. I never smoked an old school hash that tasted this good. I mean seriously. I was around in the old school days and I smoked the gamut of imported hash. While the burbs of Toronto never had the selection of Amsterdam, the ports of Montreal and Halifax kept the supply fairly constant and they all had their unique smells and tastes and they were all great – in their day. But those days are long gone. The supply lines are disrupted with conflict, the genetics are bastardized and legalization – when executed like Canada - kills imports. Rather than import hash, the black market just makes it locally and calls it whatever they want. And all of the samples that I have tried (too many actually) are mids at best. So wandering back to the sample at hand, while it is definitely not Old School, it is high octane sift and I feel comfortable pulling things like “sweet rich loam” and “earthy backnote” out of my butt talking about it. If you think in wine terms, this is a very well-made new world wine – like a crazy-priced Cali cabernet that Wine Spectator has winegasms about. And while that cab may be exquisite, it will never be a Margaux. But it is still damn good.

Like its brother the Cuban linx x gelato mints this is a cross they call Slerple which is Slap x Terple which is . . . etc etc etc . . . yeah, some multi-strain hybrid. It is a dry sift from indoor flower grown in Quebec. The soft texture makes it a bit of a pain to work with but in my APX Volt or my Happle, it smokes wonderfully and hits hard and a few tokes will get you there with a nice balanced high. I also tried some hash pipe hits and that worked well too.

So, I guess it’s another hit for Nugz and another one to keep on my buy list. Speaking of my buy list, I bought another chunk of the Marrakech from Community and this batch (THC 33.3% CBD 0.1 Terps 3.4%) is as good if not better than the first one I tried. Gawd, it’s a great time to be a hash lover in Canada! I know flower aficionados still whine vocally and lean toward the black market for taste but in hash, the legal market is kicking ass.

Available @ retail cannabis stores in Canada. $24.99/2 grams

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I realized last night that I didn’t talk about the high. My apologies . . . I was high. :rolleyes:

I did my usual test for a new product. I loaded up my brain and then went for my ritual morning 2 – 3km dog walk. While he is a natural herder, the lack of sheep in the neighbourhood has allowed him to focus his enthusiasm on tree rats. We have lots of blacks with a smattering of greys and the odd cute red bastard scampering about. The best of our squirrel encounters in the wilds involves Merlin doing the patented Sheltie leap while barking boisterously . . . and often embarrassingly. I guess I could have trained it out of him but I figured that he should be allowed one thing that is pure dog fun. Anyways, the high on this hash is a very nice mixed hash stone of very good duration and depth. It featured a solid body buzz that didn’t turn me into a couch turnip and it was nicely conducive to a leisurely walk. Mentally, it is a warm and sunny feel good hash. It didn’t have the cloudiness that cheap hash has – like the non-import imports that I picked up at the grey market Indigenous dispensary a few weeks back. So to sum it all up: this hash is a rock star.

Speaking of rock stars . . .

rockstar.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I realized last night that I didn’t talk about the high. My apologies . . . I was high. :rolleyes:

I did my usual test for a new product. I loaded up my brain and then went for my ritual morning 2 – 3km dog walk. While he is a natural herder, the lack of sheep in the neighbourhood has allowed him to focus his enthusiasm on tree rats. We have lots of blacks with a smattering of greys and the odd cute red bastard scampering about. The best of our squirrel encounters in the wilds involves Merlin doing the patented Sheltie leap while barking boisterously . . . and often embarrassingly. I guess I could have trained it out of him but I figured that he should be allowed one thing that is pure dog fun. Anyways, the high on this hash is a very nice mixed hash stone of very good duration and depth. It featured a solid body buzz that didn’t turn me into a couch turnip and it was nicely conducive to a leisurely walk. Mentally, it is a warm and sunny feel good hash. It didn’t have the cloudiness that cheap hash has – like the non-import imports that I picked up at the grey market Indigenous dispensary a few weeks back. So to sum it all up: this hash is a rock star.

Speaking of rock stars . . .

View attachment 18885511
That is so pretty I wished I was there with my doggy.

Latest posts

Latest posts