What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Legal Hash Review: Community “Marrakech Express” Cannabis c/o Purple Hills

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
community---marrakech-express.jpg

To start, the name is just a name. The grower had a Sativa-leaning cutting that he felt had good hash potential but it was an unknown cultivar so they dubbed it Marrakech Express. It comes from a previously unknown source – Community Cannabis - but they added c/o Purple Hills to the logo, which associates it with the collective that produced the Terra Nova Live Hash that I raved about earlier.

Digging deeper, the processing was done by Agripharm – a state of the art production facility that was a joint venture of Canopy (a major Licensed Producer), SLANG (a US brand that houses cannabis products as well as other brands (Firefly vapes)) and lo and behold . . . Green House. Yes, Agripharm is Arjan’s finger into the Canadian market and the self-proclaimed King of Cannabis supplies the genetics for some of the associated players. These three amigos sold the company to TREC Brands a few years back but I am sure it was the usual stock swap and everybody has a healthy piece of the new venture. To help with marketing in Canada’s marketing-impaired cannabis scene, the president of Agripharm is active on reddit and he claims that this is a traditional hash. Outdoor grown, dry sifted and then rolled and massaged (with credit to Frenchy) to get the texture they wanted. He also said that there was no added oil or terps, which is the game a number of producers play to boost the THC numbers.

That all said, the hash is very good. I did 3 bottle tokes and took the dog for a very enjoyable walk in the sun. While I was blissfully stumbling around my neighbourhood, I decided that this hash was the perfect accompaniment. Ignore the 33.3% label, this hash gets you properly stoned. It had a nice nose – fruit with a side of pine – and a soft – but not oily - texture that makes it perfect for snakes. I rolled a few for my Happle and it worked very nicely with a smooth mildly fruited smoke.

I guess you can safely assume that I liked it. A lot. In fact, it will replace my previous standby - the Nugz - Old School Hash – as my best buy in the value category.

Community “Marrakech Express” Hash c/o Purple Hills

Genetics: Not specified but said to be a Sativa leaning hybrid
Grower/Producer: Community Growers – Ontario, Canada
Overall Rating: Excellent for sunny day consumption
Smell: loud fruit with pine
Taste: muted berry incense and smooth without harshness
Consistency: Soft black texture – not sticky or oily
Duration: long
Potency: Tested @ 33.3% with <2.5% CBD

Last edited: