What's new

Skunkman Sam How Does He Do It???

smoooth

Sam the Skunkman is a spent force, sure he refined Skunk and Haze and Cali O, but he didn't create them and he hasn't done anything for many years. He's a has been.

Excuse you.... That man has done more for the cannabis community over the years then damn near all others put together. You would not be smoking what we have today if it wasnt for him and a few others. Has been? Maybe he is just tired of people like you.....

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pardon my ignorance, I have never met or studied Sam, but may I ask what he did to deserve being publically pilloried, other than hold on to his trade secret?

I am aware of a competing site to Sam's, that claims that they have far surpassed Sam in technology and technique. Is it possible that some of the Sam-is-a-has-been-miscreant hoopla is generated by competitive interests or camps?

I know that one such camp has repeatedly tried to trash this forum and were disingenuous with facts, so excuse my tongue in cheek response.

J

juicepuddle

Stop feeding the troll post, the guy is just jealous at best no way he believes this
Sam the Skunkman is a spent force, sure he refined Skunk and Haze and Cali O, but he didn't create them and he hasn't done anything for many years. He's a has been.

Green Supreme

Veteran
"Ive been following it for a while and its what I believe, I think the most ever in one shot was 3 grams, its just conflicting info, walk in a room come out in a few minutes? Its bullshit."

So how much does it take you fit under a lens for a pic? And because it is the pile under the lens, is it all the hash he made that day? You seem to be in the know and should have the answers, right?

The reason for so few pics is easy dude. That event is baller, cams generally are not allowed. I give thanks for Bubbleman sharing pics, of what was previously unseen to the public. Now, just because you cannot see it, does that mean it is not there? Peace GS

jump117

Veteran
they have far surpassed Sam in technology and technique.
I have exceeded his 99.99%, it remains only to overcome the sheer detail - to increase productivity.
picture.php

:laughing:
Black stripes on the picture is an inscription in pencil, graphite.
:thank you:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good picture brother Jump and let's do brainstorm ramping up your excellent example, instead of trying to second guess Sam!

How about we sub zero the kif and some 45 micron glass beads, and drop them in an ultrasonic tank. After vibrating them to separate the shafts from the capitate heads, we pour them into a column and fluidize them using chilled compressed air, so that the lighter shafts rise to the top and float, where we blow them away with an air knife.

We then sieve out the smaller glass beads, leaving behind the trichome heads.

The process would take only minutes to accomplish and if you threw in some 110 micron amber glass beads, you could even leave them with the trichomes to enhance the picture taking.

Some lemon yellow and purple stripped ones might start another fad...............

C

Chamba

Then why have we seen so little of this 99% stuff if he can just go in a room and walk out with it a few minutes later? Why has every pic I have ever seen of the 99% LESS then one gram?

I call Bullshit here

I call Uninformed here!

Sam said his secret method yields 1%. So a kilo of bud would yield a measly 10 grams of 99.99% pure dry sifted resin and that's why you probably haven't seen photos of front end loaders scooping up huge piles of his pure resin.

I now sort of don't give too much thought to why it's still a secret....but I think it's interesting and fun to try and work out how it's done. I've had lots of guesses over the years, some tongue in cheek ("firstly, aim an electric fan at a big pile of rough dry sift, secondly...." "it's obvious now, he does it with trained ants" etc) but my latest theory is that he picks up a handful of rough resin at a time and tosses it Crap dice throw style down a long glass table, the furtherest away is where the pure resin is collected.

I can picture it now........Sam scoops up a loose handful of rough sift, puts his weight on the back foot, leans over to one side and pitches it fast and low while yelling out "Four twenty!, the easy wayyyy!...yeahhhhhh!"

Last edited:
C

Chamba

GW.....I used to think Sam's method was based on many steps involving re-screening, but he once hinted at that he doesn't use multiple screens...I now guess he uses a much simpler approach, perhaps rough resin is tossed or sprinkled on a "surface" (probably slanted, vertical or the ceiling), the angle of the surface and the material it's made of* helps a low % of pure resin heads to adhere to this surface while the remainder of resin heads and all the contaminant falls to the floor.

*it might be a mesh? or maybe this surface traps contaminant (one side of Velcro?) instead of resin heads adhering or being attracted to a surface?

I also think that it's highly likely that the dry sift is airborne in some way during the process.

I also think that if I keep generalizing and guessing enough, I'm bound to be right! lol

Last edited:
J

juicepuddle

"Ive been following it for a while and its what I believe, I think the most ever in one shot was 3 grams, its just conflicting info, walk in a room come out in a few minutes? Its bullshit."

So how much does it take you fit under a lens for a pic? And because it is the pile under the lens, is it all the hash he made that day? You seem to be in the know and should have the answers, right?

I do have the answer :) Bman himself has stated the amounts in pictures and I am almost certain he told me that the most he ever photographed at once was 5/6grams(This is of the 99% crazy drysieve)

You don't need much under a lens for the pic since its just pure trichs, even .4 of it would look large when zoomed in.
SmallAmount.jpg

The reason for so few pics is easy dude. That event is baller, cams generally are not allowed. I give thanks for Bubbleman sharing pics, of what was previously unseen to the public.
You might be confused. This stuff is not only at events, sam makes this stuff year round I assume and I know its not limited to legends of hashish event(Not sure if thats what ur refering to)

Also I love bman have thanked him many times in threads as well as PM's and seen many of his beautiful pictures and can't wait to see more.
Now, just because you cannot see it, does that mean it is not there? Peace GS
I am not saying its not there 100% I am very skeptical now though, I am like 90% sure right now it isnt done in minutes like bman is saying.
I call Uninformed here!

Sam said his secret method yields 1%. So a kilo of bud would yield a measly 10 grams of 99.99% pure dry sifted resin and that's why you probably haven't seen photos of front end loaders scooping up huge piles of his pure resin.

This is what I meen, how can it be that fast to come out of a room with 3-4 grams of it in MINUTES, call me uninformed? Maybe you just don't care about what I have to say.

STRANDvasker

If ya had it in ya hands u´ll know that shit is unbelievable.....I tried sittin with tweezer´s and a microscope after cleaning in a bubblebox just to see how near you could get manual but after 16hrs Im still not near now the 5g left of the 800g SSSDH buds laying and waiting for november hihihih....If half the ppl used half or their whole energi on making similar there´s the biggest chance to discover or even discover a even better way come on it´s 2012 I just seen a vid of a guy jumping out of plane/helicopter with no para and in a squirrel suit instead....there must be at least ten or more ways to do it.......

STRAND

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
Sam has contributed far more than most and has earned his seat at the table

Sam built the table!

I'd smoke Sam's secret sift over anything.... consistently the finest hash every time I've been fortunate enough to wrap.my lungs around it.

C

Chamba

This is what I meen, how can it be that fast to come out of a room with 3-4 grams of it in MINUTES, call me uninformed?

Instead of treating the speed at which it was made with suspicion, consider it a hint on how it's made.

Maybe you just don't care about what I have to say.

lol.....there's a hundred funny replies to that statement!

Last edited:

mofeta

Veteran
so is this 99.9% thc-a? which converts to the magical 86% thc.

Hi Keif

I seem to remember seeing a similar comment from you a couple of times, it seems to me that you think Sam means "99.999%" THC. That is not what he means. He means 99.999% trichome heads, free of stalks, leaf particles etc, not THC.

I enjoy your informative posts, thanks.

Latest posts

Latest posts