What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ski and Snowboard season 2011/2012

Mia

Backside of the wood is the shit. You can get powder for days after a storm there. I just love to look at that one and a half miles or whatever of cornice on that mountain. Rare Earth indeed!
But Squaw is my home, where on powder days everyone comes out and the whole mountain is tracked out by noon.lol

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i know some nice folks in squaw. that has got be one of the most gorgeous valleys on the planet to ski down into. kt-22 is an adventure all on it's own!

T

toughmudderdave

i know some nice folks in squaw. that has got be one of the most gorgeous valleys on the planet to ski down into. kt-22 is an adventure all on it's own!

I did the 2011 Tough Mudder last year at Squaw. It was INSANE!!!! Crazy elevation gains all above 8000ft as well!!! I loved it!

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wanted to try it at Northstar this year, but I was super busy in September getting things ramped back up for winter. cooler temps = more rooms to open up.

Mia

Yeah Olympic valley is really really beautiful, that's in the running in my favorite places category.
Homewood is pretty cool too on the front side of the mountain it's like you're riding down into the lake. It's really close.

T

toughmudderdave

Wanna do the 2013 NorCal as a team? I've done the TMs since 2011 and I can't seem to find anyone who'll do them with me (they think it looks too hard...pfft). They haven't selected the 2013 venue yet, but the dates are set for July instead of September.
I wanted to try it at Northstar this year, but I was super busy in September getting things ramped back up for winter. cooler temps = more rooms to open up.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tahoe got 3 feet along the crest. and above 8000 feet. still snowing.

this is some guys getting first lines this season in some sierra cement. looks damn good to me!
barta_g_RahlvesRunOct23.jpg

www.tahoemountainreport.com

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^if they were not owned by vail now I bet they would be open asap. they are super corporate strict. at least two of the resorts coulda opened a few runs for yesterday and today if they were not so strict. Squaw valley is kinda, and mt rose said they would as soon as they had enough coverage they would open because they are already to go.

Last edited:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^lets hope he is happy this year. Last year he was dealing with some La Nina cock blocking him with her high pressure ridge all winter.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^hell ya. I am hoping, I will be using my by Halloween. (edit. looks like I may go tomorrow)

Last edited:

junior_grower

well slashed some early runs
Some powder pockets to be found, and a few nice rocks as-well. Season is here, but the champagne powder is still missing

Latest posts

Latest posts