What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ski and Snowboard season 2011/2012

junior_grower

no man BC where its the real champagne, not some name patented for marketing in 2010.
Champagne is most of the Rockies from Colorado north. Steamboat took it and somehow its only there resort now?

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^my dad first heard someone use the term in Steamboat when it was a tiny town where my grandparents had a cabin and my dad grew up skiing there. It is called that because it was 4-6 percent density. I first heard my dad use the term decades ago when I was like 6 or 7 learning how to ski, back when skis were not even parabolic.

However my dad now lives in Denver, but is moving to BC in a few months because BC is where it's at. As far as resorts with crazy lift access to huge mountains Whistler/ Blackcomb is unmatched in North America. Same with accessible backcountry. Way more skiable days than alaska, and way more snow than anywhere else in the USA or Canada. super long season to compared to cali and colorado. I cant wait to spend some time there next year.

junior_grower

Whistler is nice in spring. I personally play in the interior during winter. Less people, more fresh lines. I did whistler a few years ago, great season. But there was a ton of people. There where days we were racing to get to a back country spot, before it was full of people.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
When are you going to kick off a new season thread Hash? I almost went riding today but my buddy was too hungover and I didn't have the initiative to go alone. Next weekend though. :yes:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well junior grower can kick it off if he wants. he got first tracks, but a am waiting till I get my first tracks in this season before I do it.