What's new

Sittin in my shed....

Cuddles

Unfortunately I don’t have private healthcare, I’m in the uk so relying on the NHS and will have to go with what they say… although I expect physio will be part of it
It was the years of lifting and carrying heavy stuff all day everyday that did the damage- I thought I was indestructible 🤣
the nhs covers it :) you may have to pay a little on top (i do too over here) but maybe not that much.
check it out.

Last edited:

mr.brunch

Veteran
the nhs covers it :) you may have to pay a little on top (i do too over here) but maybe not that much.
check it out.
I think if I wait to see the consultant (only got to wait until the 19th now) I should get the physio for free… plus they want to do a scan before they start manipulating it in case of further damage

Last edited:

mr.brunch

Veteran
I think most of us suffered from that. :rolleyes:

And back problems as well. Mine started with a wet 50 lb sq metre of sod when I was 19 . . .
Mine was always fine as long as I kept working- luckily no twists or mishaps at work (except for my knee… van ramp collapsed with me running down it, but that’s another story 🤣)
It’s more wear and tear with my back
People used to say “don’t lift that on your own” or “don’t jump off the van while carrying stuff” but I knew better 🤦🏻‍♂️

mr.brunch

Veteran
Spring is slowly approaching…. Nice to get out in the garden between downpours, not really had any proper cold 🥶 here this year, a few little snaps but nothing to speak of.
It’s been a wet one though so hopefully things start drying out soon… the roses and hedges are breaking out into leaf and there’s plenty of daffodils 🌼
I’ve got to replace the fence at the bottom of the garden as the winds were just too much for it this year… snapped the posts as well as the panels, but they’ve lasted 10 years I suppose…. Going to get galvanised steel posts this time 🤞

Luckily I’ll have some help as I don’t think I can manage much digging due to my back, but it’s got to be done

mr.brunch

Veteran
Just been down and checked out the fence… as I feared all the posts have been snapped and the panels are broken.
I’ve leaned and propped them up temporarily, and I’m currently making a list of what I need …. Definitely going for the steel posts

mr.brunch

Veteran
I take it that the ground does not freeze where you live?
Not any more, used to get pretty hard winters when I was younger but it is generally grey, damp and rainy… often quite mild.
Jet stream keeps us mild in the south uk but also delivers plenty of rain.
Latitude wise, we are just further north than Calgary (I’m at 51.2°N) so if the jet stream ever packs up we’ll be a bit chilly

mr.brunch

Veteran
That seems to be what we have as well . . . :oops:

43.5N here. The frost is just coming out of the ground around here after the warmest winter I have seen. I heard that the maple sap is running already and the robins have been back for a couple of weeks.. All freakishly early.
The like button seems to have vanished… and so has proper winter weather
I seem to keep thinking every year maybe we’ll get a cold one, but nothing…. Good for fuel bills I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

mr.brunch

Veteran
Going to try these out this time I think 🤔
IMG_3473.jpeg

LndRcLvr

I've seen these steel posts ( albeit a more finished painted version) in a garden I work in and they are very low profile and look good although you need to buy decent panels to slot in them if you want a nice finish

mr.brunch

Veteran
I've seen these steel posts ( albeit a more finished painted version) in a garden I work in and they are very low profile and look good although you need to buy decent panels to slot in them if you want a nice finish
I’d never seen them before… thought about the concrete ones but they’re double the price which adds up.
Unfortunately it’s back to torrential rain 🌧️ today so it’ll probably wait until the ground dries out a bit before attempting it

Cuddles

I’d never seen them before… thought about the concrete ones but they’re double the price which adds up.
Unfortunately it’s back to torrential rain 🌧️ today so it’ll probably wait until the ground dries out a bit before attempting it
I actually got caught in one of those buckets of rain just yesterday as I was coming home from the shops with my groceries. It started to rain just as I was coming out of the shop and then got worse and worse.
I was standing inside this thing where you park the trolleys and considered waiting there a bit longer BUT you never know rain , right? It can take hours.... Then I saw lightening along with the thunder sounds and figured I should get home asap. After all the trolleys are made of metal, lol
But the rain just got worse and worse as I started to walk and before I knew it it was really coming down in buckets. I couldn´t see much at all, that´s how bad it was. I was totally soaked including my socks!
But it got even worse: One bastard (or bitch) drove past me going in the opposite direction and went through a big puddle and soaked me even more - all over head to feet. It felt really hard too.
My shoes made this wet squishy noise as I was climbing up to my flat. Got in and had to strip off completely. Thanks to the dirty puddle water I had to turn on the washing machine even though I had just washed my jeans and jacket a few days earlier.

But you all know what really pissed me off? about 10 min after I got back home I looked out of the window - the rain had stopped, the clouds were beginning to drift and the sun was sort of shining again for the first time that day!!!
BOLLOCKS!!
AAAARGHHHH

Anyway this was my lovely friday, how was yours? :)

Last edited:

mr.brunch

Veteran
I actually got caught in one of those buckets of rain just yesterday as I was coming home from the shops with my groceries. It started to rain just as I was coming out of the shop and then got worse and worse.
I was standing inside this thing where you park the trolleys and considered waiting there a bit longer BUT you never know rain , right? It can take hours.... Then I saw lightening along with the thunder sounds and figured I should get home asap. After all the trolleys are made of metal, lol
But the rain just got worse and worse as I started to walk and before I knew it it was really coming down in buckets. I couldn´t see much at all, that´s how bad it was. I was totally soaked including my socks!
But it got even worse: One bastard (or bitch) drove past me going in the opposite direction and went through a big puddle and soaked me even more - all over head to feet. It felt really hard too.
My shoes made this wet squishy noise as I was climbing up to my flat. Got in and had to strip off completely. Thanks to the dirty puddle water I had to turn on the washing machine even though I had just washed my jeans and jacket a few days earlier.

But you all know what really pissed me off? about 10 after I got back home I looked out of the window - the rain had stopped, the clouds were beginning to drift and the sun was sort of shining again for the first time that day!!!
BOLLOCKS!!
AAAARGHHHH

Anyway this was my lovely friday, how was yours? :)
Damn that’s not good… definitely an aaaarghhhh! Moment

Soldiering on here, still playing catch up on the grows after the disaster of a Xmas crop, then having to sacrifice a fair bit to make the oil, and got around 4 weeks until anything is ready

could have done without the £300 spend on fencing as it’s cleared me out….
Still, I’m grateful for what I’ve got and at least I’m not soaking wet I guess 🤣

Hospital on Tuesday so fingers crossed 🤞 they can help

Latest posts

Latest posts