What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sittin in my shed....

Cuddles

Damn that’s not good… definitely an aaaarghhhh! Moment

Soldiering on here, still playing catch up on the grows after the disaster of a Xmas crop, then having to sacrifice a fair bit to make the oil, and got around 4 weeks until anything is ready

could have done without the £300 spend on fencing as it’s cleared me out….
Still, I’m grateful for what I’ve got and at least I’m not soaking wet I guess 🤣

Hospital on Tuesday so fingers crossed 🤞 they can help
if you get enough oil, will you sell some of it . you could make some cash to make up for the 300 quid you had to spend on the fence ? :)

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Doing OK 👍 over here in Kingston-Upon-Thames mr brunch - still been wet-wet-wet - and the daffodils and tulips 🌷 are out along the Thames tow path - lots of blossoms 🌸 on the trees 🌳 - spring is in the air again - and I love it -

I've virtually cured my 30 year old back problem with stretching/dieting aqua aerobics core work and weight training - what was a 9-10 pain score 3 years ago - is now a 0.5 - as long as I keep training and walking most days - so that's my advice - try hanging from a bar for 1 minute every day - that helps too mate 👍

Cuddles

Unfortunately not … I made the oil for my relative who is very sick ( cancer in the oesophagus) to help with constant vomiting- on the plus side it seems to be helping a great deal 👍👍
too bad money wise but it´s great to hear that the medicine is working so well. :)
It´s incredible how much plant material is required in order to make just few grams of oil, isn´t it?

mr.brunch

Veteran
too bad money wise but it´s great to hear that the medicine is working so well. :)
It´s incredible how much plant material is required in order to make just few grams of oil, isn´t it?
It’s absolutely mad… but worth it in the long run.
He’s at least had a break from being sick for a little while now, so he’s aching less from strained muscles and eating a bit more
Thinking of trying to get a few plants in the wild this year so I can make some oil without bankrupting the smoke supply 🤣

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
My shoes made this wet squishy noise

My last business trip before I retired was to exhibit at the AES convention at the Javitz Center in NYC. At the end of the long day of talking with engineers and music making nerds, I just wanted a stiff drink. A joint would have been wonderful but I did not have a NYC contact. We hit the street at the Javitz for the ten block walk to our hotel – the Yotel @ 10ave & W 41st. Ten blocks is not a long NYC walk but it was pissing rain – and had been for much of the day – so it was truly miserable. And yes, “My shoes made this wet squishy noise” by the time we got to the hotel and . . . of course . . . it was the only pair I brought for the trip. I tried to dry them with towels when I got to the room but then I just had to wear them again to go out for dinner. And they got wet again.

When I finally got back to the room for the night, I knew that I needed to try to dry them. Someone suggested stuffing them with newspaper for the night so I did that. The Yotel rooms have one window. It is in the bathroom at floor level and it only opens about 8 inches. So I stuffed the shoes in the open window for a breeze to blow on them. Now breeze might not be the best description of the wind since I was on the 19th floor. I do remember some banging from the window in the middle of the night . . .

Well, in the morning, I only had one shoe. :oops:

Cuddles

My last business trip before I retired was to exhibit at the AES convention at the Javitz Center in NYC. At the end of the long day of talking with engineers and music making nerds, I just wanted a stiff drink. A joint would have been wonderful but I did not have a NYC contact. We hit the street at the Javitz for the ten block walk to our hotel – the Yotel @ 10ave & W 41st. Ten blocks is not a long NYC walk but it was pissing rain – and had been for much of the day – so it was truly miserable. And yes, “My shoes made this wet squishy noise” by the time we got to the hotel and . . . of course . . . it was the only pair I brought for the trip. I tried to dry them with towels when I got to the room but then I just had to wear them again to go out for dinner. And they got wet again.

When I finally got back to the room for the night, I knew that I needed to try to dry them. Someone suggested stuffing them with newspaper for the night so I did that. The Yotel rooms have one window. It is in the bathroom at floor level and it only opens about 8 inches. So I stuffed the shoes in the open window for a breeze to blow on them. Now breeze might not be the best description of the wind since I was on the 19th floor. I do remember some banging from the window in the middle of the night . . .

Well, in the morning, I only had one shoe. :oops:
OMG!! :eek:
That really sucks big time.
What did you do?

Did your hotel room not have a radiator or anything?

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Did your hotel room not have a radiator or anything?

No, it was too modern.

It was 6am and I needed a coffee. Starbucks was 2 blocks away but it was still wet outside – not raining anymore - just too wet for sock feet on the sidewalk. So I put on my still soggy single shoe and wrapped a plastic bag around my other socked foot and hit the street. Luckily not many people were around at that hour but hey, it’s New York and being weird is not unusual. ;) I got my coffee and a donut and went back to the hotel. I was supposed to meet my colleagues at 8 am for breakfast, so I called one of them to tell them to go on without me. As luck would have it - when he finished laughing - he had a spare pair of runners but they were 1 ½ sizes too small. But . . . they were big enough to uncomfortably wear to a store. I hung around the room until 10 am and then Ubered to Macy’s at 34th & 7th and bought a pair of really comfortable Sketchers on sale. I still have them . . . :rasta:

As for the missing shoe? I never saw it again and - as far as I know cause I watched the morning news - no one was killed by a flying shoe in Hell's Kitchen that night . . . :cool:

Cuddles

No, it was too modern.

It was 6am and I needed a coffee. Starbucks was 2 blocks away but it was still wet outside – not raining anymore - just too wet for sock feet on the sidewalk. So I put on my still soggy single shoe and wrapped a plastic bag around my other socked foot and hit the street. Luckily not many people were around at that hour but hey, it’s New York and being weird is not unusual. ;) I got my coffee and a donut and went back to the hotel. I was supposed to meet my colleagues at 8 am for breakfast, so I called one of them to tell them to go on without me. As luck would have it - when he finished laughing - he had a spare pair of runners but they were 1 ½ sizes too small. But . . . they were big enough to uncomfortably wear to a store. I hung around the room until 10 am and then Ubered to Macy’s at 34th & 7th and bought a pair of really comfortable Sketchers on sale. I still have them . . . :rasta:

As for the missing shoe? I never saw it again and - as far as I know cause I watched the morning news - no one was killed by a flying shoe in Hell's Kitchen that night . . . :cool:
Well I´m glad nobody was asaulted by a lonesome flying shoe in New York. :D

I have just been forced to order a new pair too lol.
Mine went bust from these new type of inlays because insurance won´t pay for the decent ones anymore . Luckily these shoes are only 20 EUR . Phew.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Very mild night temperatures tonight and all this week… 11/12°c minimum would be more usual in may.
Just fed my plants and now I’m so warm I’m sitting outside the shed with shirt off for a few minutes (12:30am) and it’s a nice breeze… kind of weather that makes me want to get some outdoor seeds started 🤣
I have to tell myself woah there it’s only March 🤷🏻‍♂️

Cuddles

Hospital tomorrow, hope I get a helpful consultant… lots of sharp pain this morning In Both hips and back…: painkillers are not helping either
I found an anatomy illustration of the groups of back muscles. You can tell or show the doctor which parts hurt the most :

Attachments

• muscles-of-back-anatomy-illustration.jpg
    muscles-of-back-anatomy-illustration.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 20

mr.brunch

Veteran
First day of spring… and it’s been a lovely sunny 😎 one too.
Currently sat in the garden and it’s the sun has just dropped off the horizon so it’s twilight-y
But still surprisingly mild temperature
IMG_3508.jpeg

Dog is out with me, he’s been glad of the sun today…. He loves the summer and I think even he knows it’s on the way

Mrs b has put together what is looking like a damn fine cottage pie, so I’ll be off for some of that in a moment, getting pretty hungry just mentioning it :tiphat:

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
First day of spring… and it’s been a lovely sunny 😎 one too.
Currently sat in the garden and it’s the sun has just dropped off the horizon so it’s twilight-y
But still surprisingly mild temperature
View attachment 18976166

Dog is out with me, he’s been glad of the sun today…. He loves the summer and I think even he knows it’s on the way

Mrs b has put together what is looking like a damn fine cottage pie, so I’ll be off for some of that in a moment, getting pretty hungry just mentioning it :tiphat:
Congratz on the vivo mr brunch :good:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Not had any decent snowfall here for a few years… or any at all for the last few.

We are the same. I have used my snow blower twice this season. The first time for an early storm that left wet & slushy bullshit snow that I couldn't lift easily so I let the machine do it and the second time because . . . because . . . well, why not make sure it is still running OK? We are starting to have non-winters now. We get cold - but not as cold. We get snow - but just a miniscule amount compared to 40 years ago. That damn north west wind has not let up though and it keeps blowing in from that glacier . . . :cool:

Latest posts

Latest posts