What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sittin in my shed....

mr.brunch

Veteran
Used up the last of the potatoes from this years crop and made a big roast dinner for the family tonight, all the trimmings home made yorkshire pud n home made gravy , plus some stored veg from the garden this summer. I am stuffed full and can't move a lot.
Sent dinner down to the in-laws, as they can't do much cookin themselves anymore, and hope it makes up for the cakes being too strong

mr.brunch

Veteran
BIG THING IN OZ IS THE MAN'S SHED, ONE WITH THE LOT IS THE BEST, but fridge and chair is just cool. had an old big armchair with roller skate wheels on bottom lol sure used to scoot down hill.

Nice... A fridge is on my list, one of them small ones... And a coffee maker

Not that I get all that much time out there, but it's nice to have that lil'
Quiet area to gather your thoughts for ten minutes.... And indulge in a nice doob, of course:)

mr.brunch

Veteran
Rain again.

Got the missus stepson and baby to sleep early tonight, needed a bit of chill... This week at work is so busy right up to christmas. had some hard jobs and still got some to come.
So, I got a takeaway in, bribed me stepson, ran the missus a bath an had me a hashcake n spliff.
Always seems nicer to get high when I know they are all tucked away for the night , think I may go in and watch a little South park before waking baby b for her bottle... Must head to the what are you watching thread!

mr.brunch

Veteran
Last day of work for the week.... Think I got Monday in too then break for Christmas. I have saved a few grams of each jack pheno for Christmas day, but have finished off my crop other than that.... Got some nice blue cheese for later tho :)
The boss is taking us out for our Christmas meal tonight, it's kind of 50/50 whether I go for the mixed grill or the massive 32oz burger.... Hmmmm

2 Legal Co

Veteran
It's going to be Happy Holliday's here in Colorado.

Herb is stored in gallon jars, after cure.....lmao

Nebraska and Oklahoma, are sueing Colorado for legalizing weed. """"FUCK'EM'''''
Party Poopers, and Alcoholics! And dumbasses to boot.

Major Rep to whoever 'made' AK47!!!!!! lol

mr.brunch

Veteran
Fuck em indeed!
That is just wrong.

Glad you got a good supply in for the holidays, I am planning a good outdoor crop this year so I will hopefully be more than set next Xmas.
I was going to make some more hash cakes, but the guy who got the black hash for me just cheerfully told me he has soapbar.... No fuckin thanks

mr.brunch

Veteran
Ran out of the blue cheese tonight and was too late to get more so I had a sneaky dip in the xmas jar.... Feels like I sneaked a present early or something:)
Must say its curing up nice.

Damn windy tonight, the shed window is rattling a bit, hope it don't break on me could do without any more stuff to do for the next few days... Our front door handle snapped clean off this evening making it impossible to get in ( probably the best way round I suppose) so I got to get n fit one tomorrow, not to mention all the xmas festivities
Got my big ass turkey and lump of ham today, I will be cooking most of the day on the 25th, with the odd shed visit thrown in.

Mrs b sorted all the presents etc bless her saved me doing the dreaded xmas shop... One of the benefits of marriage I think!

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Ran out of the blue cheese tonight and was too late to get more so I had a sneaky dip in the xmas jar.... Feels like I sneaked a present early or something:)
Must say its curing up nice.

Damn windy tonight, the shed window is rattling a bit, hope it don't break on me could do without any more stuff to do for the next few days... Our front door handle snapped clean off this evening making it impossible to get in ( probably the best way round I suppose) so I got to get n fit one tomorrow, not to mention all the xmas festivities
Got my big ass turkey and lump of ham today, I will be cooking most of the day on the 25th, with the odd shed visit thrown in.

Mrs b sorted all the presents etc bless her saved me doing the dreaded xmas shop... One of the benefits of marriage I think!

Get a charcoal smoker and cook your ham and turkey that way. Not only does smoked ham and Turkey taste great but also since it pretty much requires being done outdoors you can set it up by the shed and not have to make any excuses to go out to the shed. Plus it's also a good way to avoid the company you don't really want to be around without being rude. :)

mr.brunch

Veteran
Good plan , prob a bit late for this year but its logged away for next time. I bought the ham ready smoked but had never considered the turkey.... I did think about brining it, but I have never done this before and didn't want to wreck the bird!
Quite lucky as far as unwanted visits go, we are getting those out the way on christmas Eve and boxing day.... Just going to see the in-laws xmas morning then we are free :) I'm gonna glaze the ham n peel the potatoes on xmas eve to save some time.
Baby brunches first christmas dinner as she was only 1 month old last year... She's a bit of a carnivore like me so she will love it- turkey, ham, sausage and bacon at the same meal

mr.brunch

Veteran
At least the weed was worth waiting for... Got me some blue cheese x sour diesel, nice n tasty and saves me hitting the already dipped into xmas bud.
Gonna get my hair cut short tomorrow, as I have let it get a bit bushy ... Don't want the oven to burn it off when cooking xmas dinner... Hope baby b don't freak out

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Brining not difficult. Just salt and water. Let it soak overnight if possible.... but even 3-4hours will help.

Makes the meat hold water better. Good things...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
my last shed had tv,small fridge,beer on tap, sterio and old lazy boy......my ex was a real bitch....fuck IL ^^^^ I was in Rockford years back setting something up...that place was shit and my trips to downtown chi didn't impress me any either..

Rockford? I been to Champaigne & Rantoul. if there is a flatter place, I aint seen it...

mr.brunch

Veteran
I do like this bud , dangerously tasty... Would love a clone of it. You can taste the blue n cheese but the sour d twangs the taste buds too, nice balance. I Am looking at a nugget and smoking a demon cigarette at the moment but will be wrapping one up as soon as I get baby b to bed. Then it's off to the shed with me

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Good plan , prob a bit late for this year but its logged away for next time. I bought the ham ready smoked but had never considered the turkey.... I did think about brining it, but I have never done this before and didn't want to wreck the bird!
Quite lucky as far as unwanted visits go, we are getting those out the way on christmas Eve and boxing day.... Just going to see the in-laws xmas morning then we are free :) I'm gonna glaze the ham n peel the potatoes on xmas eve to save some time.
Baby brunches first christmas dinner as she was only 1 month old last year... She's a bit of a carnivore like me so she will love it- turkey, ham, sausage and bacon at the same meal

The only thing about smoking turkeys is that if you get one of any decent size (20+ pounds) then be prepared to smoke it all day. I did one a couple of years ago that was over 20lbs, I started it around 10am and 12 hours later it had still not reached the desired internal temperature. In a situation like that though you can always finish it off in the oven. That's what I did and after an hour at 375 it was finished.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Happy christmas Eve people !
Baby slept all night, I had a proper night sleep and am starting the day with a fat j.
Visiting relatives this morning and afternoon then j shall break open the xmas stash

The space station is due to fly over the uk at 5:22 this evening for a few minutes, and will be the brightest light in the Sky, so I will be telling little brunch " look, there's santa in his sleigh " .... Imagination is great :)

mr.brunch

Veteran
Xmas stash well and truly open:) ham is glazed up and in the oven.. Ready in half hour!

Gettin cold out here again, should have asked for a lil heater for Xmas. Hope everyone is having a good Christmas Eve , everyone deserves a good feed n chill out...

Merry xmas to all, and to all a good night.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Cheers , noyd same to you and hope you have a happy 2015

It's 12:50am here in uk, so officially: happy Christmas day!

mr.brunch

Veteran
A shed is for life, not just for Christmas.
Glad that's all out the way for another year .... Don't get me wrong I love all the food , smoke and people enjoying themselves but I'll be happier when it's all back to normal.
Got to get me a heated prop. As I want to stick some cuttings out here for my guerilla this year, just got to decide on an early outdoor strain that'll do me proud.... Would love to be smokin a good outside crop this time next year.
Pissin down with rain here again, the missus is hoping for snow, but that might fuck up the work situation for me so not so keen on the white stuff myself.
Roll on 2015!