What's new

SIRSMOKALOT's Casa del Mota!

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
MGj- hey there- to answer your ? ummm i locked out calcium by overferting with potassium. other than that i had ph troubles 2x cause a faulty meter, but i bought ph drop tester for that =) next run no guano tea for coco gals(no need), and running lighter on all the nutes. gonna keep it under 1100ppm til week 5 then mix up a 1100ppm batch and w/ a bump in the pk using a few items. i am still tweaking things, goal is to use fewer products and less of them. i write it all down now so i can alter my formula accurately(hopefully) so i can adjust a lil each grow and what the girls sharply. time will tell my friend. wish me luck. all in all i like coco end product, higher yeilding and more resinous than my soil results, with less effort/ higher ease of use ideal for someone with little time or minimal energy. i just need to break old habits lol unless i am usin dirt that is. oh man sorry for the rant just took the opportunity to expand on that a bit hehe
glad to provide some cheer 4 your holidays brotha

Cali- thanks man... i shall smoke fat this christmas lol :jump:

CORE- sorry bout your luck playa... maj musta got lucky. they were amongst our first gifts and been around ever since.

Dog- thank you as well sir!

M@rg- thanks mate! purp is a fav around here also! :joint:

tona- i always get excited when they turn color , and yes i am already all smiles :jump:

hazy- decap is rediculous and thanks by the way i am glad to have shack back for the head. wish ya had more luck on those shacks, but i hope you like the good one. you would love our cut. will work on that, but bout to move again unfortunately. when you comin to town boss. i would gladly burn you out and have some coffee or cocktails, what ever the occassion may be

Badugi- yo bro long time. glad to see ya and got your pm. i will get at you when i have more time to spend on here. limited these days. my lap top broke. hope you like my lil grow.

ok fella, so i meant to update a few days ago but like always i had problems, twice, and on the third failure a few made it through the upload so i can share those at least and try 2 get the others up when i get a chance.

here is a shot of 5 of the 6 strains. bam bam not pictured(was still hanging). from left to right: decap, gdpP, gdpB, memoryloss, pollenchuck. the gdpB is about the size of a bic lighter for referance.

some gdpP while hangin

room b4 choppin began

happy with the yeild. the 3 gdpB in 5.5in white square containers gave just over 3.5oz. of solid nuggz.... the 3 gdpP in 2l bottles gave just over 2.25 solid oz .
decap in gal bag gave 26.3 g and could have been much higher with better placement/ light coverage. i did not weight the rest yet. still sweating their jars.

only the pollen chuck and bam bam gave me some popcorn, but partially due to placement, but nearly every single bud from top to bottom of plants was swollen rock solid with very little shrinkage while drying giving me lots of hard nuggets of all sizes. the more they sweat and the moisture evens the more solid they begin to feel.
i also tried some new harvesting methods and i am pretty sure they have increased flavor and potency, while reducing curing time to achieve peak flavor and aroma we desire(4 any1 who dont know me, i am a huge pot snob). the proof is in the pot. i have 3 seperate opinions that concur with my own experiences, so now i know i am not imaging it helped improve quality and speed the cure w/ out taking shortcuts, just remembering that timing is everthing :joint:
if any one has any ?s i will try to answer to the best of my ability about what i am doing new for myself, all simple info really... so far i stand by it as legit.
ok so off i go... i am forced to move again. me and maj tore down my room today. all gone bye bye :violin: but i still have a thriving veg waiting and growing. hopefully i move b4 they grow to big. ahh hell no such thing. my water heater blew up and it was directly next to my build. flooded my garage and grow room. flooding ruined plenty of sheet rock also. i am glad i debated immediately flowering my girls asap after my harvest. i waited and the universe spoke loud and clear this week. it said to move on and dont look back. i agree!
thanks again for watchin friends! :muahaha:
Sir

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Dude, I was reading about your mishap and was waiting for your post. How the fuck does a water heater blow up?

Dude I feel for ya, worst time of year too

Best of luck

Old Soul

Veteran
Damn Sir, very nice place ya got here. Sorry to hear about the water heater, but it must mean better things are in store for you. Really nice selection you have.

You mind sharing some of those new harvesting techniques? I am in coco as well and always love new tips to try improve things.

Keep it green bro!

peace

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
Hello Sir - good to see u back bro...your harvest looks very rewarding and those nuggs are dank as hell...we gotta hook up soon bro and smoke hard!!!!
Sorry to hear about the water heater, man, that SUCKS, but you seem to have a good attitude about it, thats the only way to live bro...out with the bad, and in with the good!!! Turn all those negatives into positives!!!!Good stuff bro, Ill be talkin with u soon...Peace

- Z

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
goodshit sirsmoke,
too bad about the water heater brotha.listen to the signs eh?
nice ...peace-T-

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
a waterheater blew up?? .....Omfg...must be 'your' luck ey....what would be the odds of that happening???Nway sorry to hear of that misfortune...
but i hope you find a similar if not a better spot to gro in .....i'll send some good vibes for that !

B

badugi

Damn, really sorry to hear about the water damage... but like you said, just look ahead to your newer & better room. Having a veg setup really shaves down time to harvest.

Hope to see you back up and flowering again soon!

SirSmokalot

Veteran
dog- dude like i said at your spot apparantly it can happen to me. its like the bottom seal blew out. just glad my girls werent in there. after some help from maj. and a lil elbow grease you cant tell there ever was a room there tonight. i stare at the empty space now :violin:

oldsoul- hey there brotha. glad you finally slipped in here. yes just another fork in the road. no worries on the info. i will tell it like i did it, bout all i can promise lol. seriously if you dont already harvest all plants this way, it might have you rethinkin things a lil. but i will get to that in a min so i can organize what i want to say about it for ya :joint:

toob- comin up :joint:

zeus- whats takin u so long lol! oh bout my prob... sould be a blessing in disguise... i hope so at least!

sleepy- thank you and glad to see ya watchin still sometimes :rasta: you stay safe and well also!

BR- thanks i got some better pics from that night to go through tonight. check em out

Smokeman- thanks duder. its all the good company over here. brightens it up a bit! :joint:

Tona- thanks yo. i keep thinkin ... whats next?... but do i really want to know?

CORE- right. i think i found a house with an extra detached 2car garage behind the rv parking next to the pool in the very private back yard. high walls. house has its own 2 car garage also so i am covered there. that should make for an easy conversion and should be more than enough room for all of my stages of growth. keep your fingers crossed so i land that house this week. its $600 cheaper a month, better area, and bigger and nicer. it is all i want for christmas and i aint been naughty. :spank:

Badugi- thanks man. yes i have 30 plants in my master walkin closet at the moment. cause i had to get my house proper for the landlord to come through. my girl aint happy but oh well, we're movin anyway. and the day i get to new spot i set up grow first and flip asap. gals are gettin big already and want more light so i gots to get a move on

:bongsmi: ...bong hit... decap rules :bow: reg weed drools :jerkit:

ok i finally got the other pics from the other night to go through. close ups of those nugs posted

pollen chuck

memory loss- strawberry dzl

gdp Blue

gdp Purple

decapitation-pre98bubba pheno

and a close up overall

ok thats it... and tomorrow i will explain what i did different this time for my cure for those of you who are curious. i am to tired tonight. been cleaning up this disaster in my garage and trying to make sence of all the building materials and stashing what i can where i can for this walk through.
thanks again guys for following along and for the good vibes. and pray to whoever you pray to that i get this house and can afford to put on a bigfger show again.
Sir :joint:

m@rg

go on .. pull my finger
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey sir looks a killer selec of nugs there to choose from
congrats on ur harvest
yeah the heater sucks eh, K+ to u and ur move mate :yes:

:joint:

hazy

Veteran
I'm praying for you, bro, that you get the place you're looking at. Sounds like a good move. I envy your pretty purple buds sir. I don't envy you having to move all those girls though. Hope you get your Christmas wish.

SirSmokalot

Veteran
M@rg- thanks man. appreciate it! happy holidays!

Hazy- thanks as well brotha. happy holidays to you also! yes this is gonna suck. i have to be out by sat.
no christmas for sir this year. be packing ... alone... my girl is going away to see family, and i cant go due to all the circumstances. bah humbug :badday:
that house i really wanted was rented out already. figures.... working on more but nothing as nice as that beauty. oh well. wish me luck again lol

here is the crude veg area. i just moved all plants into my master walkin closet.

and the clones in RR plugs. my bubbler keeps gettin slime- temp issues of some sort i think. i will start from scratch with another after a move is complete

there are 30 plants. 10 in gal bags and 20 in beer cups(need a trans bad) then there are about 12 cuts so far. 3 of them are unsexed seedling tops, waiting to top the other 3 still. and the rest are proven gals like shack and decap. of the 20 in beer cups i have in the works, 1 mom of each- strawberry dzl mem loss- sugar shack- gdp purp -gdp blue- bam bam... no decap in training, but i may be able to keep my decap in gal bag now that increased veg will improve yeild on others and i just wont have it for 1 harvest while i mom it out. still deciding, cause i love the decap. if my cut roots i will flower the gal bag i think.

ok so now for those who wanted to know how i am harvesting for that superior quality in final product. this is not something i came up with, i just read it and applied it and had an instant dramatic improvement in the curing process. i was able to cleanly burn my weed in a bowl after 7-10 days and the smell had zero curing(hay or grassy/planty smell) interferance and the taste was all ready there-(gets progressively better too) and it was dried completly evenly to burn correctly and get you properly high(grey ash in bowl and retained cherry-flame). now that i have rambled about how great it is let me explain.
plenty of info is semi quoted from source but this is how i remembered it. photographic memory for main points hehe

i basically have this 6 step regimine i will be harvesting with.

1. BIG FLUSH- i flushed 14 days straight watering 3 times a day by this point(in coco) but in any medium 10-20 days is nice. honestly the more the better.

2. DRY AIR. last day w/ lights on no water at all. especially in my case where i kept soaked- but basic idea is to allow your plants container to get dry. this does 2 things
a. plants will hang for less time to achieve required dryness.
b. this lowers the RH in the room. Low humidity fools your plant into making more resin(resin helps plant retain moisture) for that one or 2 days chrystals may grow more abundant. shoot for under 10%RH. my area that is average outside. this can be a prob a few steps away unless remidied

3. when harvesting, remember, like flushing, timing is everything.
DARK CHOP
we all know how some growers like to leave their plants in 24+ hrs of darkness, claiming it does all kinds of diff things. one thing it does for sure is help speed the curing process if you chop away root ball b4 plant is exposed to direct light. (of course a proper flush is integral)
explanation: during the dark period, our plants store all of their reserves of starches and sugars in the root zone(food made by plant during day). at the first sign of direct light, these reserves begin to push upward into the plant- creating a longer cure time if harvested in light, because these reserves need more time to break down and give a smooth/ unharsh smoke. in addition to tasting and burning bad, these starches act like fire retardants. these retardants change the chemical make up of the smoke you're ingesting. this means the thc, cannabinol, cannabidoil, and other active cannabinoids cant burn at the perfect temp to get you properly high because they havent properly converted to their psycoactive forms.this is why fresh MJ is generally weaker than properly dried and cured buds. removing plant from rootball b4 the plant is able to uptake these last reserves saves this time. i also notice that this harvest i had zero hay or curing smell on strains that had always had it right away (goes away always)- only goodness!

4. manicure buds on branches. i did this for 2 reasons
a. i hate manicuring 2 times one at chop and one for jars, so i find this saves 1 step and i already have all the tools out
b. remove as mush moisture as possable. i want the moisture to even out between the buds and stems asap, and to much excess leaf can slow this down, and i am intentionally slowing down the drying in the next step already. no need to have 2 slowing factors imo

5. this is more a pro tip i picked up reading.
HANG DRY in 70F, 40-55%RH. this is where i could have a prob in my area. i have to use a humidifier unless weather permits. this slows the hang dry process to 4-7 days. this actually locks in aroma and flavour. if you dry to fast, you lose smell and taste, actually if you over dry, you can lock in the starches and sugars that are curing out and no matter what smoke will be harsh to plain nasty. when the thinnest stems start to crack, i remove from branches and do and cleaning of the buds i missed or ignored.

6. jar your buds in an airtight container and now you want dry as hell air. you want to burp your jar 5-6 times a day 10 min a time. it sounds like a pain, but it is easily fit around my day in passing. we all know that this sweats our buds to an even moisture from inside out. this is important. jars must be opened often to exchange moist air for dry air or molding will occur eventually because there is still moisture in the inner stems.
if the weed is not properly evenly dry, the quality of the high will be hindered. weed has to burn at a certain temp as mentioned earlier. i take a mid size nug and break away the bud down to the inner stem, if it cracks with lil pressure, it is dry. at this point constant burping of the jar is unnecesary. hopefully your nugs still feel sticky and not crispy crumbly dry. if over dry something went wrong somewhere.

7. enjoy the awesome flavour and great high.

i have tried a few diff techniques now, and this harvest was off da chain with taste- smell- potency. i now know for sure that quik drying and early smoking is a waste of my hard work. the high isnt there yet and flavor is very minimal still. smell is not peaked either. smoke 2x as much and enjoy it 1/2 as much.... doesnt make sence at all. this lets me stretch the harvest IMO due to higher quality product... i use less at a time for the desired effect.

to boot i have had 5 people not including myself who have commented on the increased quality all across the board. that is my own convincing proof and i would hate to dissapoint with future PEPSI challanges. i will do it like this til i experiment and surpass this approach, if even possable

well i hope that makes sence to yall and hope it was helpful to anyone out there. it has changed my game for the better. thats all i could ask for and i hope others try with experimantal plant or something if i sound crazy... find out for your self!
patience is key and these methods speed up the curing to a non painful wait. i know first hand what overdrying leads to-shitty weed that was once really nice, and i have smoked it to soon and blown through reserves to fast. i wont be going there again if i can help it!

thanks guys
and
Merry Christmas! !Feliz Navidad! Happy Hanaukka! Happy Quanza! whatever that is lol
Sir :rasta:

Last edited:
Merry christmas holmes!!! You could of come up here to visit and we wouild of snowboarder all day everyday!!! Soon i hope. Hope your move goes well and quick. Keep those ugly plants with purple nugs alive!!!! You know how much i hate tasty purple buds! Peace

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
merry christmas my kat.
be safe and have a blast homie.peace-T-

D

dirtdog

what up SirSmokalot! damn that straw. diesel looks so fire i was a dumbass and forgot to take enough clones and don't have the strain anymore. such an amazing smell...looks like yours was enjoying the low temps! lovin' the purple leaves on it. also i have yet to puff some pollen chuck though i hear it is some knockout shit.

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Whatup Homie! Merry Belated Christmas and a happy new year to you! Just wanted to stop in while I had a chance. Been away for way to long man.. but all is well. Anyway keep up the great work and have a ill winter buddy! Make sure u meet up with INB so u can do a little shredding! Unfortunatly no funds for shredding at the moment.. always tomorrow ya know? Anyway its really good to see that everything is going so well for ya! Enjoy your harvest my friend.

-N.Kron:rasta:

Latest posts

Latest posts