What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Silver's second straight-bulb several strain sweetened soil sweetness. Seriously.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
I f*ckin' hate that guy man. Thing is that he always brings these chicks, and whichever broads he does bring, they do whatever he says?!

Man o man. I'm really intrigued in a CBD-engineered variety. The challenge with me and my ADHD + anxiety + reefer-houndness is that if I do find something nice'n racy, I tend to get intrigued, oddly pleasantly-agitated, and then I push it.

Next thing I know, I've been smoking it exclusively for a week, and it'll have me all wired and jacked all of the sudden. :dunno: :D

She eats Taste of the Wild, puppy formula, salmon & sweet 'taters. She's had a general skin deal since around 4 months or so, .. Gets nasty itchies under her armpits and her thighs - scratches to the point of bleeding..

She's also scratched a nasty patch bald below her R shoulder, you can see on one of those photos.

Here's been the treatment:

1. Vetricyn spray (mild success)
2. Clovamox x10 days (great, then irritation came right back once she was off) - 3 cycles
3. Lime-sulfur baths every 5 days (stinks to high heaven) (good success)
4. Prednisone every other day (current, seems decent)

But even in one of those photos, where you can see her chest, you'll see two ~ 1" scabs across the top of her chest (one on each side) .. She gets that with her back foot, scratchscratchscratch.. And that's before the bee sting deal.

So, fast rewind, back on Memorial day she had a nasty skin thing flare up.. We go to the only pet food store that's open, talk to the guy, think it's a food allergy.. He asks what she eats, we tell him.. He starts chuckling.

Us: "Is that bad?" (Me, thinking: "Dude that shit is like $40/bag")

Him: "No, that's actually what we tell people to get if their dog is having food allergies."

I'm really ready to start the bitch on a raw diet. She already gets raw eggs for treats or when she won't eat her food (which is lately, but only because the bitch broke down the fence to the garden and now gets full on green tomatoes)..

We went through a stage at one point of skin nasties to where I insisted (wife is all EIW ZOMG NO RAW) that she got nothing but raw chicken & eggs, ..

Guess what? She likes raw chickens and raw eggs. And her skin looks fine when she's on it.

:dunno:

Who knows..

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Oh. Note to self. Tonight will be first lights-out for ND and GG.

Lezgo.

That StrawDD bitch can recoup and come to the party when she feels like it - we ain't waitin'.

So tell me, purists - which is day 1? Today, when they'll have their first lights-out, or tomorrow, after they've had their first lights-out?

:thank you:

Edit: What are we counting? Short nights or short days?

:kicks tires:

Oh. Note to self. Tonight will be first lights-out for ND and GG.

Lezgo.

That StrawDD bitch can recoup and come to the party when she feels like it - we ain't waitin'.

So tell me, purists - which is day 1? Today, when they'll have their first lights-out, or tomorrow, after they've had their first lights-out?

Edit: What are we counting? Short nights or short days?

:kicks tires:

Depends on if you're following Rosenthal, Cervantes, Frank or Amish moon cycles.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
First lights out for longer than 8 hours can begin the triggers that result in horomonal response contolled by photoperiod. I consider, that first lights on after darkness, day one of flower.

dank.Frank

silver hawaiian

Veteran
d.f

Seriously, WTF? I think my comment in every thread after yours is along the lines of

"You and your smarts. S'damned much of em."

I f*ckin' hate that guy man. Thing is that he always brings these chicks, and whichever broads he does bring, they do whatever he says?!

Man o man. I'm really intrigued in a CBD-engineered variety. The challenge with me and my ADHD + anxiety + reefer-houndness is that if I do find something nice'n racy, I tend to get intrigued, oddly pleasantly-agitated, and then I push it.

Next thing I know, I've been smoking it exclusively for a week, and it'll have me all wired and jacked all of the sudden. :dunno: :D

She eats Taste of the Wild, puppy formula, salmon & sweet 'taters. She's had a general skin deal since around 4 months or so, .. Gets nasty itchies under her armpits and her thighs - scratches to the point of bleeding..

She's also scratched a nasty patch bald below her R shoulder, you can see on one of those photos.

Here's been the treatment:

1. Vetricyn spray (mild success)
2. Clovamox x10 days (great, then irritation came right back once she was off) - 3 cycles
3. Lime-sulfur baths every 5 days (stinks to high heaven) (good success)
4. Prednisone every other day (current, seems decent)

But even in one of those photos, where you can see her chest, you'll see two ~ 1" scabs across the top of her chest (one on each side) .. She gets that with her back foot, scratchscratchscratch.. And that's before the bee sting deal.

So, fast rewind, back on Memorial day she had a nasty skin thing flare up.. We go to the only pet food store that's open, talk to the guy, think it's a food allergy.. He asks what she eats, we tell him.. He starts chuckling.

Us: "Is that bad?" (Me, thinking: "Dude that shit is like $40/bag")

Him: "No, that's actually what we tell people to get if their dog is having food allergies."

I'm really ready to start the bitch on a raw diet. She already gets raw eggs for treats or when she won't eat her food (which is lately, but only because the bitch broke down the fence to the garden and now gets full on green tomatoes)..

We went through a stage at one point of skin nasties to where I insisted (wife is all EIW ZOMG NO RAW) that she got nothing but raw chicken & eggs, ..

Guess what? She likes raw chickens and raw eggs. And her skin looks fine when she's on it.

:dunno:

Who knows..
Tomatoes and dogs, not good...especially green ones. What was in the dog food your chuckling vendor suggested? I don't know but if ya'll are having so many chicks over could it be the pup is reacting to marital tension?:biggrin:

I hear you on the raciness. Indica strains,in other words practically all pot, sedates my body but makes me feel dissociated and anxious. I can't really get high on it. Sativas electrify me but set my mind free. Flo and SMCG are my faves but won't let me sleep til 2 or 3am. It feels like 125 mg of clean MDMA. Check out "Should I Smoke Dope?" on the BBC where the woman smokes THC one day and CBD another. The difference is striking.

SecondAttempt

Glad the Bendryl helped, just went through that with my youngest (pug). After 24 hours of Benadryl the wife and I broke down and took her to the vet. Dog hives, who woulda thought that was a thing, after about 50 dogs I'm still learning.

Looking forward to the show... when you run the shelves will they be staggered? Week 1-4with the 400 watter, weeks 5-8 600 watter? Sorry if it was already covered just figured that would be a good use of the 2 different lights.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Tomatoes and dogs, not good...especially green ones. What was in the dog food your chuckling vendor suggested? I don't know but if ya'll are having so many chicks over could it be the pup is reacting to marital tension?:biggrin:

I hear you on the raciness. Indica strains,in other words practically all pot, sedates my body but makes me feel dissociated and anxious. I can't really get high on it. Sativas electrify me but set my mind free. Flo and SMCG are my faves but won't let me sleep til 2 or 3am. It feels like 125 mg of clean MDMA. Check out "Should I Smoke Dope?" on the BBC where the woman smokes THC one day and CBD another. The difference is striking.

LOVE the analogy.

That's the thing - the "her food?" conversation ended when told'im what we feed her. He was like, "Well clearly that's okay then.."

I dunno man. I really think a raw food diet is great for dogs. Wife is sketchy because it's oogy. Despite having watched both dogs seriously fuck up some raw drumsticks/livers/thighs/whatever. And eggs a couple times a week.

Edit: Re: the tomatoes, that's all new - within the past 3 weeks. She's been all fuckered up (on the skin) since May or so.. Since she's broken into the garden, only real change is that she won't eat breakfast or dinner sometimes. Bitch. And I'm out buying spaghetti sauce and salsa.. ;)

Glad the Bendryl helped, just went through that with my youngest (pug). After 24 hours of Benadryl the wife and I broke down and took her to the vet. Dog hives, who woulda thought that was a thing, after about 50 dogs I'm still learning.

Looking forward to the show... when you run the shelves will they be staggered? Week 1-4with the 400 watter, weeks 5-8 600 watter? Sorry if it was already covered just figured that would be a good use of the 2 different lights.

Hey SecondAttempt! Thanks for droppin' in!

Actually, I'd figured I'd blast 'em with the 600 for the first part of the cycle, and the 400 for the later part of the cycle.. :dunno:

Thanks for stoppin' in, and the attention to the frickin' lights! :artist:

smilley

Veteran
Silver, where have you been all my life? :) I'm really diggin your thread dude. Especially lookin forward to seeing the Nightmare Diesel perform for you.

Hey, I'm glad your pooch is ok. I'll remember that benedryl thing in case my pup ever gets stung. What dosage for a 75 lb poodle do you think?

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Hey smilley! Thanks man - hope I don't change your opinion as things continue along.. ;)

They say the dosage is 1 mg/lb of dogweight.. :) She's about 19# (tiny thing). We have 25mg pills, and initially I gave her about 2/3. Later, the friend-who's-a-foster-dog-lady said "give her the other 1/3," so we did.

Literally, before we even gave her the last 1/3, she was up and totally kicking her older brother (28#)'s ass.

The Nightmare Diesel was for sure the top performer in the garden last time 'round (in the "blumats/vert/dirt" link), the #1 pheno.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
hey man. glad benadryl helped. hate those frantic runs to the vet/er. looks like some of the pollen took for sure. guess well have to wait and see how much

silver hawaiian

Veteran
you're the man Silver.... love the new digs. poor pup...

Chief! So happy to see you here. Glad you brought that piece pipe'a yours! :tiphat:

hey man. glad benadryl helped. hate those frantic runs to the vet/er. looks like some of the pollen took for sure. guess well have to wait and see how much

You're not kidding. Wife was gone, so I'm sitting here sort of discovering/processing WTF just happened.. And I'd lie if I said there wasn't a part of me thinking "Goddammit. I just sat down to watch some football. Opened a beer. I really don't want to have to run out and take care of a dog situation. I mean, dammit, it's Sunday!"

:)

Finners crossed on the pollen and the reproduction and the whatnot.

Not much in the way of updates. The Blue Satellite 2.2 seedlings and the Nightmare Diesel got moved up to square pots today - they'd been hangin' in some party cups.

Oh. Not sure if I mentioned, but the Nightmare Diesel is Jock Horror x Rez SourD ibl. Courtesy of johnnybgood29. She produces quite well (3.75 oz out of a 5 gal container last time, and I definitely didn't maximize her potential), and the effect is solid. Took a couple puffs off a pipe earlier this week, sat down to watch TV with the wife, .. And it was one of those occasions where I found myself having to really focus on keeping up in conversation - all the while thinking, "Holy SHIT I'm baked.. How did I get this baked?!" :dance013:

On the Blue Satellite 2.2's, I'd love to hear any input from any of y'all with any experience with'er. All 4 seedlings of mine seem to be QUITE indica-leaning, .. ? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? :tumbleweed:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This thread moves at a social pace of which this hermit of factual relevance is over-whelmed by.... :joint:

I'll be lurking, and reading "liking" and leaving rep messages, in my wallflower sort of way...

Looking forward to a good show. Keep that boston(?) pup outta those flower beds! ;)

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've always been against the establishment.... Even the out-layers seem to reject my notions...

I read plenty....just pick my battles. Kinda.. ;)

dank.Frank

silver hawaiian

Veteran
*scratch head*

I'm a little lost - .frank, if I'm doing anything in the garden that goes against the grain of what you know to be True, please do point it out. Same goes for any "conventional wisdom" being tossed about in here. Please don't let this thread devolve into some sort of bastion of lore, in which we hang our plants upside-down after harvest, roots and all, to let the THC flow from the roots into the flowers via gravity...

Otherwise, if it's just pop-culture sh*t we're talking about, .. :shucks: Game on!

Edit:

waynesworld_gameon.jpg

Last edited:

Bud-Boy

Veteran
dont forget to pick the water leaves off and hang them upside down too throughout the grow for some dank head smoke

Latest posts

Latest posts