What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Show us your ASH!

G

Hey motaco, thanks for the input. I simply started the thread because the "white ash" is something we hear touted everywhere, so I figured I'd show some off. What's funny is the negative response it got from a number of people.

Often times friends bring their bud by to smoke, usually some typical BC beasters that they have purchased here or there, and the bud just won't burn clean like mine, so I'm positive there's a difference. What causes it could be a number of things, but all I care about is the white pillowy ash. I know my high grade home grown always burns clean, so I have an appreciation for it. Judging by the thread, I wasn't the only one either. Thanks again for the input! :yes:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
one thing I did forget to mention is the quality of lighter you use.

you can taste the difference between colibiri and other clean butanes vs ronson and whatever is in bics.

the cashing hits taste alot better with clean butane. I got into colibiri when making BHO. I figure if other butane is too dirty to make BHO with than its too dirty to drown my kind in too.

G

You know...I've never thought about that, but it might be worth getting a refillable butane to use the good stuff in. I might just have to do that when funds allow for it.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
yeah on that note I went all over looking for a good reliable, cheap ,refillable lighter. after asking alot of REALLY snobby tobacco salesmen who told me very dismissively that if I wasn't looking for a lighter over 50 bucks I'd not find one I ended up buying two lighters for 6 bucks at the gas station and I've had them both over six months now. they are starting to work less efficiently. but that was six months on 3 dollar lighters.

G

Hey Stoned...nice skunk 1....I am one of the believers here. I grow my own too but occassionally breakdown and get some exotic from my guy. He has many strains grown by many different people.Some are unbelievably tastey.However there is nothing worse than bud thats quality stops at its smell.Gorgeous to look at and smell.....only to burn like shit, and halfway through the joint, start tasting like shit, IF it stays lit. All I think of when that happens is commercial greed.Growers looking to get an early start on the next crop.
It may not happen as often if more attention like this is brewed up.Good thread..wherever it belongs.

first off i love how don dump calls that schwagg. Come near the southern border and youll see schwagg bro. Have fun in Canaaydia. Anyways my organic pot can burn a greyish white ash with a couple days of drying. Doesnt quite have the taste or smell but burns pretty good. Better than my flora nova grown budd.

peace

peace

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
:joint: bump thought it was time for this thread to re surface i'll be back with a current pic from this morn

picture.php

sugar shack 30 hours off the plant

Barf

DON DUMP, nice ash shot, must be smoking some nice stuff.
I like this thread, and I agree with Stoned, the whitter the ash, the better the herb.
Are you 2 serious? that looks like beasters... no thanks... no smell except grass. But heh I'll smoke it.

rusto

Beast
picture.php

50% Non finished from bowls, I don't like the taste of the last few hits so i discard when alone.

Latest posts

Latest posts