What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Show us your ASH!

G

Should be easier to accomplish in soil or organic grows where the bud is said to be cleaner due to no chemicals, but my pics are hydro....mediumless water culture. :wave:

Last edited:
G

you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about..plants uptake chemical elements every plant eats the same thing...organic or not and you can screw up organic just like you can hydro..
Stoned2Death said:
Should be easier to accomplish in soil or organic grows where the bud is said to be cleaner due to no chemicals, but my pics are hydro....mediumless water culture. :wave:

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
brainthor - Where do you get off telling people they have no idea what they're talking about. Sure, offer your opinion, but try not to be an asshole, huh?

G

this statement is where...maybee a little harsh but not really..peace
soil or organic grows where the bud is said to be cleaner due to no chemicals

now if thats not silly and absolutely miss information than nothing is

bounty29 said:
brainthor - Where do you get off telling people they have no idea what they're talking about. Sure, offer your opinion, but try not to be an asshole, huh?

Last edited:
G

You're just an asshole period dude. Stay the hell out of my thread, how bout that? I'm already sick of hearing from you. You have absolutely no valuable input. You just want to run your mouth about something. Whatever your problem, stay out of my thread. Don't even reply, just LEAVE. The world doesn't need attitudes like yours and neither does my thread.

You think after four years of growing I don't understand that plants eat the same thing in dirt or hydro? WTF?

I was simply stating that organic is SAID to be cleaner because the nutrients aren't in chemical form. It's the age old debate over organic vs. hydro I was referring to.

Seriously....stay out of my threads there BRAIN.

Bounty29, thank you.

G

my goodness read some of my post before you spew crap about what i do hear..peace...i have no problem leaving your thread...but if you spread more misinformation on something you know not..i will say something then too...and it wont be a potty mouthed childish false statement like you...peace.....................i really dont like to be told what to do...do you? ask next time...although i am brunt about what i say...i in no way am trying to attack you...stop trying to me...thanks for the negative rep i gave you positive...god knows you need it

Last edited:
G

Read some of my posts before you come in here screaming I don't have a clue what I'm talking about and ranting self-righteously that I am spewing misinformation.

I am not one of the folks that buys into the whole organics are better deal for the simple fact that organic material has to be broken down into a usable form by bacteria in the soil before the plant can use. In chemical nutes, the food is already in a usable form. I simply said "it should be easier in soil or organics" which many will argue to the death is better anyway.

I have absolutely every idea what I'm talking about. Next time you want to say something do it in a manner that is not offensive because no matter what your intentions or what it is you "do around here" nobody is going to listen if you come off as an asshat.

I don't really care what it is you do. Your first interaction with me was to act like an asshole about my thread. Then you return just to be a know it all jerk.

I don't know what it is you are after. Belittling me or boosting yourself up, but with friends like you who needs enemies?

I would rather you just keep your distance from my threads from now on, and I'll do the same for you. I prefer positive, friendly, humble, and enlightened people to surround me.

You have my very best wishes for your future.....just enjoy it away from me. Adios! :wave:

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
S2D - I'm picking up a bag tonight, not sure what I'm gonna get, this is the first time I've had to buy in a long time :badday:

I'll definitely get some before and after pics here, I'm hoping theres a little bit of white in the bowl when I'm done.

Last edited:
G

Thanks bounty29....I'll post this one in your honor. Absolutely pearly white like the purest clouds in the sky...again, chemically (technaflora) grown mediumless hydro sk#1. Enjoy! :joint:

Great thread Stoned2Death, i was thinkin of doing one on ash too.
Thats some beautiful white ash you have there.
Ill try and get some pics on here if i get round to it, though my ash isnt as white as yours, but nevertheless it looks quite healthy. Cool thread.

toshphan

This thread definitely is interesting. I was currently holding two distinctly different qualities of bud. One were typical beasters, dense, little trichomes visible on the outside of the bud, lots of leaf matter left on uncured bud. The other were typical "headdies" of cured and manicured herb. Nothing super crystally, but certainly cared for to some extent.

I prefer to smoke beasterz out of the bong because they suck, clog up my pipes and the bong is obviously niiiice :smoker:

I also prefer to use my grinder with pollen catcher when using good nuggets.

I also decided to photodocument this session soooo check it out :lurk:

the beaaaast

these nugs are better

cleaned the slide just for you guys

The end product

The flip side:

Favorite spoon

Kinda like that sublime song: what happened

Alrite guy's im pretty blazed, but not too stoned enough to tell that the bong is left with blacky chunks with some grey ash. The other herb's ash looks like it burned cleaner, but still has some black chunks. I didn't grow either of these herbs, but as soon as my ladies are ready I'll post the difference. When I flush i go with 1-2 weeks of straight R/O supplementing with molasses every other time for cheleating.

southpaw

Yeah, finding this thread proves to me I still have to work at finishing my plants correctly. Next time I'm just going to go lighter on flower ferts and water with Alhambra to slight runoff the last few weeks. Drenching the soil with a full "flush" doesn't seem to work well for me, it seems like the plants stall instead of maturing.

G

toshphan - Very interesting results indeed. There is a noticeable difference between the two ashes. I tend to believe the white ash is a combination of proper growing, flushing, and drying which commercial bud usually doesn't get. Is it all in the flush, the dry/cure, or all of the above? The exact answer is beyond me, obviously. Don't want anyone thinking I am spewing false info again! :wave:

southpaw - I don't know much about flushing soil, maybe someone else can help. I only started this thread because we always hear how good bud burns up to a clean white ash, and it sounded like a fun idea for pics. When you get a chance add to it if you can, and of course, feel free to post your ideas about the whole thing as well. :smoke:

Thanks for participating people! Keep the pics coming.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
toshphans little bong journal thing inspired me, so I did one of my own to show my ash. I just bought this bag, it's a little over 3/8 (I know, weird amount, but the price was right.) and high quality bud. It's just a little bit wet for my tastes so I let it sit in a jar overnight. It's a lot easier to work with now. Sorry about the messy desk and dirty bowl, I wanted to clean the bowl before this but I ran out of alcohol. Enough talking, here's the pics...

Disclaimer: Those are not my hands, you can thank my girlfriend for the hand-modeling.

Last edited:
G

Nice work bounty :wave: That's pretty dang white right there! What's the marbles doing in the bong? :confused: I have never seen that before. Is it just for looks or are they frozen marbles or something? :chin:

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Well it's a cheap $20 acryllic bong I got at a local shop one time, but I made some modifications. I drilled some holes in the bottom of the neck and weaved some wire through, sealed up the holes, and made a perfect ice catcher. Then I bought two bags of marbles for $0.50 each, and dumped them into the bottom of the bong. This acts as a diffuser, splitting the smoke up for a smoother hit. It works very well, and this is the best bong for the money anyone can get, IMO. For $30~, how can you go wrong? (Price doesn't include that fancy bowl though, that was like $40)

I'm very impressed with the quality of the bud I just got. It cost me $85 for about 11 grams, and I'd say it's some of the best I've had, except for probably the Elvis I had once.

Last edited:

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Bounty, that's one cool looking bong. I like the marbles idea. I might try that with my clear glass GONG. :) Gonna see if I can find some clear glass marbles to match later today.

Even though brainthor's delivery was a little harsh, he had a point. Chemical grows in hydro are by far the easiest to flush, since chemical nutrients will wash right out (this is why they cause so much damage to the environment: nutrient levels in water bodies end up building up, which kills aquatic life. Organic amendments don't wash out as easily, and hence, are virtually impossible to flush out. Chemical grows will always be the cleanest burning if they're well flushed.

If you want cleaner burning pot, chemical ferts are the way to go. If you want pot that's less likely to give you cancer (a lot of chem fertilizers are RADIOACTIVE) and damage the environment, go the organic route. Organics also contain additional nutrients that improve taste and flavor.

Here's a bowl I picked up at a street market in Amsterdam, next to some outdoor, 100% organic Jamaican Pearl bud from seeds I bought at Sensi Seeds (next to the Hash Museum) in the 'Dam. :) I know the piece needs a cleaning.

No white ash shots, but here's the same bowl next to the last of a Sour Mist (Rezdog) plant...again, 100% organic. Nothing but fish emulsion, high P bat guano and high K kelp.

Last edited: