What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Show us your ASH!

G

This thread is for those out there that appreciate a bowl that burns up to clean, pure white ash. It's a sign of fresh, clean, tasty buds.

I'll start it off by showing my ash first! :moon:

This is my recently harvested sk#1 grown mediumless water culture with chemical nutes (technaflora) and still has a very pure burn with a very smooth taste partly thanks to a flush of at least 10 days and a good long slow drying. Just went into jars to get curing yesterday. :yummy:

G

im sorry i did think about it...i just dont like ash it usually means its cashed...but i get it you are used to commercial weed with black ash...i apologize for any offence...peace

G

It's not that, it's just that I think it's just as pretty as a good budshot. I enjoy everything to do with the plant. Sorry you don't feel that way, but stuff like this is beautiful and uplifting. Not to mention taking the photos is fun. Obviously you don't get it but that's cool. :wave:

bongoman

I'm with you - esp. for chem growers, it really is the proof of a clean, succesful grow and outcome.

Sort of an alchemical sign - the ash is the final output from all the effort that has gone into growing the plant. Along with an altered state of consciousness, you get the ash as well - so it is symbolic on several levels.

And yeah, if you respect the plant, then everything about it and how you consume it is worth paying attention to.

Other cultures have traditionally conferred respect and avoided harm from the use of entheogenic substances by ritualising their use.

My understanding of this is that it creates a safe environment but also makes the user PAY ATTENTION, that is t cultivate awareness.

So yeah, a cashed bowl is not just a cashed bowl - it is an indicator of sorts. And one worth paying attention to as part of the whole ritual of using and benefiting from this special plant.

Having said all that, I'm a vaporiser user - and vaped duff is not really worth taking a photo of I'm afraid!

Last edited:
G

Well said bongoman! That was my point exactly.

I figured with so many class A growers around here shots like this would be easy to come by. We always see milk shots, root shots, bud shots, leaf shots, glass shots, etc.

Nobody has done a white ash thread.

So........throw down if you got it. Organic growers, chem growers, dirt, hydro, whatever. Show your ash! :moon:

I mean.....LOOK at THAT!! :yoinks:

Last edited:
G

I only have one question....

What the hell is this doing in the growers forum?

Take it on over to the toker's den, ash boy. lol (just kidding, don't hurt me :D)

~Ninja~

G

What's up Ninja....don't see you here much! :wave:

Oh well....at least we know MY bud burns clean. :yummy:

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
Great idea Stoned! love to see fully flushed, well cured Honey comb nugs burn down to white ash, thats what i look for whenever its off season for me.

Gotta love when the Exhale is just As tasty and smooth and the inhale. ill have to get some pictures up here next batch! Hail the leaf, Dime

G

Check out the registration date, S2D san,

I am new to the forums. That's why you haven't seen me here too much. :biglaugh:

This cindy-99 burned to a white ash, but I lament that I cannot show you the ash as the bud has already made it's way into the air. :smoke:

~Ninja~

G

Doh.....ok. You're not the Ninja I thought you were, lol! Nice budshot man..... :joint:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yep, clean burning bud leaves a white ash. funny how not much attention is given to the color of the ash in the smoke reports.

the sdv3 joint i'm smoking now also has a nice clean ash, mhmm tasty.....:joint:

G

Amen gaiusmarius! :wave:

I thought it was a good idea for a thread. I don't start many threads because if I have a question I post it in my own grow thread or I do a search.

This was a pretty original idea for a photo thread, and I thought it would get a better response.

Guess that's what I get for being original. :chin:

meduser180056

Stoned2Death said:
This was a pretty original idea for a photo thread, and I thought it would get a better response.

Guess that's what I get for being original. :chin:

pretty much :pointlaug

jk man I think it's a good thread. Dont' have any ash shots tho.

Maybe everyones else is smoking unflushed weed and they don't have any shots.... :moon:

G

man about last week I had the exact idea to do the thread, along with heh original, sweet. The bs I apparently rightly expected kept me from it.

Anyways here it is:

Also, for fun

Glad I found this as I don't hit the growers forum much these days :joint:

Can this get moved to tokers den? And the big image previews, can someone tell me how to do this?

By the way, these girls were fed to the very end.with no flushing whatsoever. The taste is very good, very smooth smoke.

Last edited:

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And the big image previews, can someone tell me how to do this?
You need to put image tags
around the big picture's url.

yourpictureinthesizeyouwant.jpg
, but leave out the space between the end of the url and the end image tag.

Woot! 420th post for me :woohoo:

Last edited:
S

Stone Skunk

I thought he was the Ninja from TokeCity.
pure white ash is a beautiful thing.