What's new

Short term trades in the stock market •$$$$$•

woolybear

Veteran
Thoughts on PM's given the election?

I must have missed some info you had Madrus regarding options and the site/people you follow. Care to share again?

Yeah, i was looking thru the thread for the link to the options whiz madrus mentioned. help help!

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
Yeah, i was looking thru the thread for the link to the options whiz madrus mentioned. help help!

Would try to post more but IC is usually for me absolutely the slowest site on the entire Inet, often freezes my browser, server's are foobar & usually takes up to 5mins to get something to post. Great site but impossibly slow so don't even try to come here and even post that often, its just way too frustrating.

Here's a link to that option's players web based thread with all his info in the header box. Like i said Jimmie is not at all any good with put/options but a marvel in catching the momo's & playing calls. Not affiliated at all with his group do recommend him & his associates because they do have regular classes weekly & really are accessable friendly knowledgeable group that would be the greatest help for any newbie.
http://investorshub.advfn.com/Option-Millionaires-12013/

Here's the beauty, TD Waterhouse does offer a beautiul virtual free trading software platform you can down load to "paper trade" with you can also fund too) the guys above & the members can help undrstanding. Here's where you can get virtual practice in getting proficiency with handling real time market conditions. This is nothing to rush into but the beauty of options is you can start with as little as $2k & be able to enter the game and turn $300 into $5k and even saw Jimmie above turn $1k into $25K & $40k 3-4 times in the last 5mos. (On CMG he did $75k on $1300 worth of options just back when the FED announced the QE3 .)

You can download this great setup below but will be like getting into the cockpit of a Space Shuttle if you have no experience and just as difficult to fly. But this is the greatest advantage today you have this incredible FREE way to start out.

Its called aptly "Think or Swim"...am sure most of you guys can relate and with the help of that group above you can over a few months get the hang of it without the market cleaning you out right off !;o)
https://www.thinkorswim.com/tos/displayPage.tos?webpage=paperMoney

Jimmie charges somethin like $100/mo to join the group but well worth it for a couple of months, just for access to all the free classes which they have up to 3 times a week, so they are really putting out an effort to educate, after two mos the you know enough people can quit but still ask members on the IHUB site, which is the way would go. Or just use that free site "Investor's Hub" above .

Last edited:

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
thank you so much! I've been really interested in options and the posts you do make when the servers are cooperating help a lot.

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
Anyone made money off the cannabis pennies? Gotta buy like 500,000 shares in MJNA and its not moving...and without fed. support???? that'll be the real pusher

Here's a good example of how anyone could have turned $10k into $60k in just 3mos doing nothing.

Well here you go, just looked Medical Marijuna stock chart and looks like it went on an election run since aug looks like for a 6 bagger. From $0.026 up to $0.165 so roughly if you accummulated $10,000 worth of MJNA penny stock this summer between july & august as it bounced along @ 2.6c you'd have 400,000 shares you could sell now for 16.5c .

In other words had you invested $10k in MJNA just this august while the pot was ripening, in just 3 short months you could sell that stock monday for $60,000, oh man doesn't that hurt?

Just sitting back toking on the bong for just 3 short mos and loving life, you could cash out tomorrow for $50k profit! Tremendous stock play here had one thought ahead to all the Medical MJ iitiatives on the ballots getting passed and this stock bidding up ahead into those elections. Thats the secret of trading stocks, buying when they're at their lowest when nobody wants them in anticipation of some events farther off when they catch fire and you are sitting pretty! :dance013:

Chart Link here:

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=MJNA&p=D&b=5&g=0&id=p96058487282

sc

immaculate

Looks like now would be a good time to short it. In fact, I know it is...if you're looking to make .05c a share over the course of three months... support all the way down at .05 and I doubt there will be news to top election news...and even then it only rose .14 cents. Short it again once it breaks support. It won't go over a dollar until the federal government situation is sorted out. In the end, I'd like to see that much of a point spread in a matter of minutes or hours.

The secret to trading stocks, especially pennies, is understanding that over 90% of these [microcap] businesses (or at the wall st. level the hedge/mutual funds, PIPEs, press releases, news stories, television appearances, "contracts," analysts, etc.) are nothing but hyped fraud businesses with zero fundamentals. Penny stocking is about charting...PRs, etc. typically coincide with pump and dump schemes, insider trading ("pre promotion") and other forms of manipulation. if you understand that these companies are frauds from the start, your odds will be that much higher. As much as I love the cannabis industry (and there may be something to this one), I would never go long in a penny stock...even this one. There's no reason that you can't catch this one when the news comes.

Considering that you have to have like 3500 to qualify for a margin account (chump change for everyone who isn't a broke college kid) the only tactic it seems is to buy these promotions early and get out early before they tank. then open the margin once the 3500 is saved and short everything. lol.

otherwise, i'd surf these fuckin' waves like cali...buy on the way up, short on the way down.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking at the futures market and Asia tonight and it looks like another shitty day ahead. The IMF is squabbling with the EU about Greece while the Greeks are laughing as they hold all the cards. "Give me more free money or I'll blow up and take you with me." Gotta love Mutually Assured Destruction when it's played with financial weapons instead of nukes.

We are about to enter the stage of rolling defaults for Greece that I mentioned a while back. This will soon spread to the rest of the insolvent Eurozone.

Time to bring back an oldie but goodie.

[youtubeif]AYrpROr9Gmk[/youtubeif]

Let's take a look at the futures market and Asia again.

stock_market_crash.jpg

Hmmmm..... I guess I need to move my money into the highly prolific 10y which is now trading at 1.5%. Which equals real negative return rates on bonds.

Hilarious.

But, what's even more hilarious is the fiscal cliff circus sideshow that is about to ensue.

:lurk:

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Didn't Greece just default and everything was going to be OK and the world was saved yadda yadda? Oh wait, yeah that was all bullshit.

All they have to do kick back their GDP growth into positive territory. Shouldn't be a problem considering that this is their 6th year of contraction and growth continues the most unprecedented plunge in history. Yep, easy peasy. Next up Spain.

Tip-2-14-Chart-1-greek-gdp-growth.gif

Commence rolling default in 5.......4.......3.......

Greece Needs Another 80 Billion Euros: Goldman Sachs CNBC
As unpalatable as it seems to euro zone policymakers, a sizeable reduction in Greece’s debt load is necessary to make the country’s debt sustainable in the long-term, according to a new report from Goldman Sachs.

After investigating Greece’s debt sustainability, researchers at the bank have concluded that to reach the 120 percent debt-to-GDP target set by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) an official sector restructuring of Greece’s debt, worth over 80 billion euros, was necessary.

The authors of the report, economists Themistoklis Fiotakis, Lasse Holboell Nielsen and Antoine Demongeot, note that the IMF’s target is “unlikely” without such a “drastic debt stock reduction.”

“To increase the likelihood that the Greek debt-to-GDP ratio approaches its 120 percent by 2020 target under realistic assumptions, a much more drastic debt stock reduction (possibly north of 80 billion euros in total) will be required,” the report states.

The Goldman analysts are skeptical of current measures being considered to help Greece —such as reducing interest rates on bilateral loans and a buy-back program for restructured Private Sector Involvement (PSI) bonds.
Given that this has continued on like so and the banks continue to suck every last drop of blood out of the Greek people the Neo-Nazi party has risen to the third largest party in Greece. Next elections will be very interesting.

Nationalism is back in Europe.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is true. Taking a step back and looking at the forest rather than the trees. Failing western economies and slowly global growth doesn't bode well for wealth creation going into the future.

You can certainly make money on it on the way down. The smart ones will.

:joint:

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
Well its been nice these last few days... lets hope this sucker keeps going.. i was hoping for more momentum to the ground like back in 2008.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another huge market dump today in equities and credit.

The exit door is getting crowded.

The herd is becoming restless.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The wealthiest will most certainly make money up or down. Goldman Sachs made a killing shorting the housing market crash. After they robbed us, they all collected massive bonuses from the American people for reaping their destruction when we bailed them out. It's a win, win, win for them.

It's only the proles that get slaughtered. That's what we are here for. Slaves to the bourgeois until there is nothing left.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
The wealthiest will most certainly make money up or down. Goldman Sachs made a killing shorting the housing market crash. After they robbed us, they all collected massive bonuses from the American people for reaping their destruction when we bailed them out. It's a win, win, win for them.

It's only the proles that get slaughtered. That's what we are here for. Slaves to the bourgeois until there is nothing left.

And knowing that the best way to play it is to uncle tom smile to their face and plunge the knife deep into their chest when their eyes close.

Cheers!

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Like I said before. AAPL was the hedge fund hotel. They were trying to sneak out at first until everyone noticed. Now it's a stampede.

Apple Stock Hit by Panic Selling: 'Someone Yelled Fire'
Forget the "fiscal cliff." The real panic on Wall Street is over Apple's stock.

Nearly every mutual and hedge fund has piled into Apple [AAPL 525.62 -11.26 (-2.1%) ] during its spectacular rise over the past few years. Now, these same funds are scrambling for the exits as the stock goes through an equally spectacular decline.

Apple plunged to a six-month low Thursday as funds rushed to take profits on the stock before it’s too late. Shares are now off 25 percent since late September—shortly after the iPhone 5 launch and a month before the iPad Mini introduction.

The stock, once up 74 percent on the year, is still up 30 percent for 2012. That's why Wall Street is getting out while it can.

“Someone yelled fire in the theater where the hedge funds were safely booking their year-end profits—and as traders do, they will trample you trying to be first to get to the exit,” said David Greenberg of Greenberg Capital.

More than 800 hedge funds and mutual funds counted Apple among their top ten holdings at the end of the third quarter, according to data from Insiderscore.com. That means the once unstoppable electronics innovator has likely been responsible for the bulk of investors’ returns this year.

Proceed with the plunge.