What's new

Short term trades in the stock market •$$$$$•

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
Well what do folks think AAPl will be doing? I have 100 shares Id like to sell but can't decide if its got room to go up or its headed down. ( I bought he shares many years ago)
APPLE IS A HOT POTATO! They did come out with a new mini iPad, but their products are inferior to most of market and way overpriced. The iPhone is their backbone lately and that is not likely going to last long. Read this: 10 Things Apple Won't Tell You - Why customers may want to think different about the consumer-tech giant. You'd be much better off putting your investment elsewhere, especially if you don't see a recovery within the next few months or so. They would have to do a radical restructuring of their business model and products for them to be viable to invest. A BIG part of their business model (going on for decades) is suing other people and companies to make $$$: Apple Inc. litigation

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
AAPL that H&S pattern fulfilled itself with right shoulder @680 & 20ma swooping in overhead acting as resistance. Today met R again early at 612 swooping down near the 200ma again, note the covers come in just a little early now since everyone's hip to the obvious supports. Thesis all along is they are doing well but not dominating as they used to, Samsung Galaxy III even a better phone in some ways , iPads are everywhere .

EXPE like SNDK before offered a fantastic fade from doube top of is own @ $60 on the am gap up , fading 4pts down to 56 then a 3pt pop off there , almost exact repeat of last earnings. SNDK a few days before squeezed up tested double top @ $47 and promptly sold down from there tagging 42 today.

$AMZN exact repeat as before , swoon down to 205 & tremedous bounce back up to 220 in the A/H. I mean EXACTLY as ER before , no matter what they report they want to be in the name for XMAS and know they can pull the squeeze on it, so you just play along. Early in the day when SPY was weak , fades good on Amazon but you have to keep an open mind with it . Here again weeks before the lower double top fade at $262 was pure Gold .

NFLX rumor came out around $61.50 , seems plausible enough this time to get those shrs rolling up like mad, hate to see someone do a B/O , for then we'd lose it as a trader.

FB was going to the moon just the other day according to all the talking heads on CNBC , fat chance this was getting up past 24 and former R and lock up happening soon .

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
NFLX $65 call options options went from .01 to $5.10 in a few hours , turning $400 up into $16,000.

AMZN , do you believe this , tags $205 in the after hours , exactly like last July and closes squeezing all the way back up to $238 friday, a 33pt reversal .

Last edited:

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
The best I can tell you is go with the people that Madrus recommended. The guy that made like 77,000%. They are pros and do all the research for you then it's up to you to determine which plays to make. You can day trade options if you want or pick some of their longer term plays. I've sat in front of the screen for a few days watching, listening, reading their posts and articles and some of them are scary good. Still up to you which selection(s) to go with. They have losses yet their winners more than make up for their losers the way they do it.

Jimmie & his group i mntioned to you are not much good for Put/plays like after he made the killing on CMG back the day before the Fed announcement & he did near $76,000 on call options when they soared the next day. That was when the first of three SPY top was out in at $147 for the triple top fade more recently. But he also missed all that next leg back down on CMG too, even after getting after him to see that resistance at $345. But there's many ways to play the market, he just doesn't get how to short but look how his recent NFLX call did since reporting last week into today? You only need one of these in each 3mo period and you are living comfortably and hes got a knack for these really . The recent WYNN call off 100 & then up to $122 was huge winner too, you just have to catch these with him but he calls them real time.

NFLX Icahn deal is all over twitter tonight, if you caught that a/h fade up near 84 you made out great too. NFLX is a hole where money goes for content & bandwidth but when this started last week after hammered on ER, rumor just had more of a solid feel this time. NFLX will be ll over the place tomorrow
http://stocktwits.com/symbol/NFLX

AAPL was good off the 588 pivot all day today whether we bounce or just oversold wiggles we'll see but still good for 17pts later EOD.

AMZN got so far ahead of itself on friday's squeeze, what can you say but great fade today.

PVH was great for the longs, great CEO & major pop there this am but had you faded that at $112 this am it was --->free money pulling back 6 1/2 pts later.

CRUS is good example of how in this market so many that beat the pants off their reports & squeeze back up to TOP highs are being met with profitakers & sellers galore , tonight bumped up to 45 a/h and double top high there & sold down. If you look at the SNDK chart its another exmple of this whn it squeezed up to $47 a week ago, you could have shorted 50k shrs there no prob for nothing is breaking out, same double top high as CRUS .

V Visa similar action tonight , even though the trounced the #'s popped up near $143 and sold off a/h just like CRUS, they aren't buying anymore shares on these that already topped out at all time highs and runnup by Hefge funds and bank traders.

HD even Home Depot that popped early in the am hit double top high & funds still sold it down again, stock is already up huge for the year

MA in the am was slow to pop but did finally pop 12pts but sold off later that same 10pts, normally MA would have squeezed 20pts on that report.

BIDU held that lower retest pivot at $106 early gapped & dubl topped at 110 then sold back down.

WYNN has been a good fade at 122, it gets in channels this upper one scalpable long & short, everything trading with the SPY which is trying t make up mind in lower congestion zone, whether to bounce or flounce from here. Maaybe after earnings it tanks more but if stays in this congestion play little channels for all their worth.

HAIN due up tomorrow good chance of a beat...PCLN looking really weak

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
Is crAAPLe on sale yet?

My mini Ipad or is it a big Iphone is malfunctioning.

Got earnings?

Hilarious Jimmy Kimmel's new iPad Mini commercial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RyWSEwKPo8s

AAPL getting lampooned more now as everyone starts to realize they are paying more and dont really have to. Samsung's doing fabulous advertising running ads that are extremely well done & well placed everywhere, telling Apple its game on. Its going to bounce at some point here of course but that H&S pattern sure played out.

The 585 puts on friday turned $300 into $11k in less than 4hrs, NFLX was fadeable at the $79.50 too (previous day high). Note the former resistance on PCLN at 650 was also going to tank back 18pts from the am gap.

Last week CRUS gapped to double top high in the after hours to $45 just like SNDK on earnings beat a few weeks back at $47 & both sold off promptly. These double top highs are acting as R everywhere for any that are lucky to beat & gap up, just short them there. Even GS which was a fade from $126 gap after its earnings after bouncing again from 118's sold off again from the same 126 pivot friday.

Over in the retails PVH got that huge 20pt gap after buying Calvin Klein made a great fade finally from $115 and RL gapping into former top high at $164 pulled back 3 times intraday from there for 2pts then 4pts at the EOD. A pattern thats very predominate as proftakers step in & sell all these top highsand the great part is these double tops are so easy to see on the daily. THOR was a another little trade after earnings beat and gapped up to $38 friday, but looking on the weekly just tons of R there made for a pretty safe fade scalp, they've been all over the place.

CRUS was the huge fade with all the negativity on AAPL if you caught after hours gap to weds to $45 turned into a huge trade next two days, or even covering the next but finished down at $32 friday for 13pt two day drop<g
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=CRUS&p=D&b=5&g=0&id=p22784939464

sc

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And........

Plunge.

AAPL nearing bear market territory.

20121107_aapl_0.png

Realization that Europe is fucked is also hitting the markets hard.

Oil supply report is killing crude.

Everything is plunging except for metals. Thank you QEternity.

Now that the dog and pony election show is over the floodgates will be open for money to move. Looks like it's lining up to move towards the exits.

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
Thoughts on PM's given the election?

I must have missed some info you had Madrus regarding options and the site/people you follow. Care to share again?

Stonefree69

Veteran
And........

Plunge.

AAPL nearing bear market territory.
Wow AAPL was @ 681.32 when I said sell back on 9/26/2012. Now it's at 561 and change, still falling! I should have listened to myself and bought a bunch of puts.

Banks don't like Obama I guess and leading the big sell-off in the markets today.

illtoxic

Hello everyone!! Wow what smart people there are in the thread! I imagine you all are making some bank with these shorts! I am new here and new to stock trading.... I have played a little but haven't really done much.... Bought 25 shares of RIG after the BP spill that is doing okay...Sure wish it would make a turn and start rising high again. Bought 25 shares of BRK.B after the split following the Santa Fe merger. I have a bunch of books on the market I need to start reading... I have versed my self somewhat in the different Moving Averages line and when is a good time to hold or sell....

I have a question if you could offer some guidance....Do not need specific markets but anything will help....

I have 20k to invest...I am looking to shoot for decent returns... Even small ones can add up over time I feel. I have been looking at AAPL and it seems like it keeps dropping....When you think might be a good time buy? Think it will hit that bear market line?

Looking to get started trading and making some money!

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
crAAPL closed into bear market territory today. It has been the alpha producing lovefest stock for some time now. It's basically the hedge fund hotel. Well, now they are all getting their faces ripped off and are having to sell probably to meet margin calls IMO.

The stock market is going to be bumpy ride until the end of the year. The "fiscal cliff" circus is about to ensue in full force and will rival the "debate ceiling debacle" clown show of last year. Markets will tear up and down on rumor, innuendo, and bullshit (similar to how they do when the European meltdown pops up on the front pages from time to time). Politicians will bloviate and point fingers at each other as they try to come to grasp with the USA's complete insolvency.

In the end I think the market tanks hard (~15%) as the finger pointing reaches a climax. Eventually some bullshit 11th hour 59min deal will be tabled that will try and kick the can down the road for just a few more months.

Wash rinse repeat.

Beware of shorting against the Bernanke Put. The trading floor of the NYSE is littered with the bodies of market professionals who have fought against the "new normal" or the completely planned and rigged QEtc shitfest that the stock market has become.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dow Jones Industrial Average Celebrates "Four More Years" With Biggest Drop In A Year

It seems like only last night everyone was celebrating more hope, if not much change. Now comes the hangover. The Dow Jones intraday drop is now 2.23% (and rising), greater than the biggest drop so far in 2012 record on June 1. The last time the market plunged as much: literally one year ago, or November 9, 2011. Sadly, it appears that one can't have their Dow Jones Industrial Average and redistribute it too.

20121107_Dow_0.png

And if the surge in vol the last time we had moves of this magnitude is any indication, we can solmenly say that the world's most overrated job for the next 2 months (and 4 years) will be the Chief Redemption Officer, at any hedge fund.

20121107_dow2_0.png

and the S&P futures are at a critical level...below Draghi's Elbow..

20121107_ES_0.png

junior_grower

So My next question is what sites ect can I read up on to find out more about trading and the market in general. Had a meeting with the financial planner and I fired him. It seems the last 2 years my 150k retirement fund has gown by

-4500.00 . He lost me money.
\

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was advised AAPL was too expensive to short a week ago or so. Still the case?

I think this balloon could keep deflating and sad I am not getting any richer watching it.

I was gonna go long this week and just did not cause I felt like hell. Thinking next week more of the same, down. Obama is a bummer to Wall St. just the way it is. It going up during his last term would be pure luck imo.

Stonefree69

Veteran
I have 20k to invest...I am looking to shoot for decent returns... Even small ones can add up over time I feel. I have been looking at AAPL and it seems like it keeps dropping....When you think might be a good time buy? Think it will hit that bear market line?

Looking to get started trading and making some money!
If you're looking to buy AAPL there's a line of salesman going out the door and around the block several times.

682444426335.jpg

Short term sell the major indexes or buy some puts (those actually may be priced in somewhat though w/the fall lately).

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
crAAPLE!!

20121108_aapl1.png

It's only reverting back to the market cap of the entire EU banking sector.

20121107_AAPLEU.png

Not like we haven't seen this before.

20121107_EOD6.png

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Europe blowing up, today it's Greece again, is back on the front pages causing the sell off.

Funny how all the shitty news and reality comes back right after the election.

Manipulated? Naaaaahhhh.......... :dunno:

It's going down. crAPPLE!

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What do you call near simultaneous big misses by monopolies McDonalds and Apple?.....

A McCrAAPL!

McTurd's posts first negative sales in 10 years.

Chart Of The Day: When $0.99 Becomes Unaffordable, We Have A Problem
Earlier today, fast food juggernaut McDonalds reported same store sales for the month October. At -1.8%, this number was well below expectations of -1.1%, and a drop from September's 1.9%. It was driven by a 2%+ drop in comp store sales across all locations: US, Europea and APMEA, with the US performing just as bad as Europe. Most importantly, this was the first monthly drop in MCD comp sales since March 2003! So our question is: at what point does the perpetually self-deluded US population finally admit to itself that when even 99 cent meals are no longer affordable, that this country has a problem?

Charting the last 4 years of McD sales, and eagerly looking forward to 4 more years.

McD%20Same%20Store%20Sales_0.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts