What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

shoreline strain BS story????

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Getting cuts isn't easy anymore. Not even for those that have been around for decades and have built relationships with others.. People don't do nice things without getting something in return. Whether it's cash or trades that is the only way to get a cut of something popular..The cannabis community is not the same as it once was. I must add you will never get a cut for being aggressive when told no.

I've tried for at least a decade to find a real cut of Shoreline or any cut that was as stinky as the 80s skunk was.. Those that have Shoreline aren't interested in sharing full stop. Those I've asked say it doesn't have super strong skunk terps like the 80s skunk had. After all, that is what we all are after.

Last edited:
Here is my take on the situation at hand, I am not calling anyone out or projecting anything toward an individual. Ask yourself why would individuals say they have this cut but then turn around and suggest others are begging them. No one would've known unless you told them. The next question is why did you make it known? Is it possible that you need people to ask or beg....as some claim, so you can go online and one-up them while the rest of the cock-riders agree or suggest they experience the same thing from"those types of people"? An ass-wipe will be that till they're not. I suggest that one just grow out random seeds and find something you like. Make f2s and search for what you desire the most. Do not allow the internet to dictate what's what. Most of these individuals were given this clone as well as others the same way they claim others want them. Thats their real issue.....hating the inner person.

JetLife175

Veteran
Here is my take on the situation at hand, I am not calling anyone out or projecting anything toward an individual. Ask yourself why would individuals say they have this cut but then turn around and suggest others are begging them. No one would've known unless you told them. The next question is why did you make it known? Is it possible that you need people to ask or beg....as some claim, so you can go online and one-up them while the rest of the cock-riders agree or suggest they experience the same thing from"those types of people"? An ass-wipe will be that till they're not. I suggest that one just grow out random seeds and find something you like. Make f2s and search for what you desire the most. Do not allow the internet to dictate what's what. Most of these individuals were given this clone as well as others the same way they claim others want them. Thats their real issue.....hating the inner person.
I've let it be known because it's something that should be documented, and studied, even if I have restrictions on it. I haven't flowered it out in a very very long time. Maybe once in 5 years. I plan on getting a full run documented on here when I'm back to going full force but with my situation right now that takes time.

Ive only ever shared the cut with one person, and they are now deceased. I believe he spread it to a few people before he left us, so it's out there.

RIP Stoney.

I've let it be known because it's something that should be documented, and studied, even if I have restrictions on it. I haven't flowered it out in a very very long time. Maybe once in 5 years. I plan on getting a full run documented on here when I'm back to going full force but with my situation right now that takes time.

Ive only ever shared the cut with one person, and they are now deceased. I believe he spread it to a few people before he left us, so it's out there.

RIP Stoney.
Good deal. I'm certain a few others have the same cut from a different source. It's been out long before you shared with Stoney. Im certain also of the person Stoney shared it with but Im also quite confident he want share it and if he does it will be with restrictions as well. I never did get the hold restriction thing but I respect it either way. It keeps me from wasting my time and money on a plant. Some have said the restrictions are to preserve and protect the plant but I find that equally strange and moralistic. I think the entire restriction deal is to make something more valuable than it is...and create a market. As always, I could be wrong but Ive been around a long time and can remember exactly how some....not you...but some got the cuts they now have restrictions on. So I say fuck it and pop beans. I have nothing for sale and do not desire to start seed companies or get funding from these ass-wipes to start a MJ business.

JetLife175

Veteran
Good deal. I'm certain a few others have the same cut from a different source. It's been out long before you shared with Stoney. Im certain also of the person Stoney shared it with but Im also quite confident he want share it and if he does it will be with restrictions as well. I never did get the hold restriction thing but I respect it either way. It keeps me from wasting my time and money on a plant. Some have said the restrictions are to preserve and protect the plant but I find that equally strange and moralistic. I think the entire restriction deal is to make something more valuable than it is...and create a market. As always, I could be wrong but Ive been around a long time and can remember exactly how some....not you...but some got the cuts they now have restrictions on. So I say fuck it and pop beans. I have nothing for sale and do not desire to start seed companies or get funding from these ass-wipes to start a MJ business.
I got the cut after literally begging for it for years and years to a close friend. He didn't give it to me until I moved out of TX, along with restrictions. So yes his motivations were absolutely financially motivated.

I know that may seem like a bummer or a bad thing. I get both sides of it.

JetLife175

Veteran
Are you allowed to breed with the cut?

Id like to see somebody do a Shoreline x Sterling skunk project

Allowed to breed with it.

I had some lines that were being worked between shoreline, OG, and 91chem but I lost all the seed and a lot more in a robbery a few years ago. I've been trying to recoup from that as it totally took the wind out of my sails. I'm almost back to it.

Allowed to breed with it.

I had some lines that were being worked between shoreline, OG, and 91chem but I lost all the seed and a lot more in a robbery a few years ago. I've been trying to recoup from that as it totally took the wind out of my sails. I'm almost back to it.
Sorry to hear about that. I can only imagine what it does to a person. I understand the restrictions as it stands. I know of 2 individuals who got the cut as you mentioned previously. No worries, they do not pass it around either because both believe in dying with genetics. In some way it makes them feel like God maybe! I also asked both about the cut and was met with a form of rudeness I've never experienced with either in 30 years. We've traded many cuts. Later I learned about it being restricted by some individual or someone who had previously died. Yet, if this had been said initially, I wouldn't have taken offense to it period. I looked back at some of my previous posts and it appears I've been just as egregious towards you and a few others. That being said, please accept my unconditional apologies. Thanks for the insight as well as the time spent responding. Be well and take care of yourself.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was on Stoney's list for a trade of Shoreline and Skunkdog but he passed before we could get it done. Some have made seeds using Shoreline. Ive spoken to a few people that have grown Shoreline. One of the biggest driving factors of any cut is hype. The more there is the more people want it. Quality is not the same for everyone.

JetLife175

Veteran
I was on Stoney's list for a trade of Shoreline and Skunkdog but he passed before we could get it done. Some have made seeds using Shoreline. Ive spoken to a few people that have grown Shoreline. One of the biggest driving factors of any cut is hype. The more there is the more people want it. Quality is not the same for everyone.
Good to know about the Stoney connection hammer. I'll keep that in mind.

Most people will toss the shoreline after a run or two. Thing grows like a jungle vine and is honestly not the easiest grow. Reminds me a lot of Sour. Just finicky as all hell.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's the original nl#2. Pre soviet Mazar x thai The rare one aka purple northern....purple thai....purple skunk.....the names differ to regions.

If you want something extremely similar get some oasis seeds or r2. I have a wack of crosses. Just don't know their viability these days

mm

JetLife175

Veteran
It's the original nl#2. Pre soviet Mazar x thai The rare one aka purple northern....purple thai....purple skunk.....the names differ to regions.

If you want something extremely similar get some oasis seeds or r2. I have a wack of crosses. Just don't know their viability these days

mm
NL2 is part of the equation. For the clone we have now.

From my research and talkig to people I've heard the story that's its bagseed from shoreline ampitheatre x Oasis. The cut I have is a selection of that cross. The original bagseed doesn't exist any longer from what I hear. NL2 yes. Just part of the recipe though.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Todds version
Northern Lights #2 was created by combining the Purest Indica with other Afghan genetics that Greg had collected from Oregon and California. Greg mentioned that it was his first attempt at making another variety using the Purest Indica and was always one of his favorites. He said that they would smoke the NL#2 and sell the NL#5 because he liked the sedative effects of the pure Afghan.

"Purest Indica" a.k.a. the Steve Murphy Afghan IBL (Inbred Line) . I have some of these seeds. I've not found anything good so far.

Mendogrowing

I’d figure I’d chime in on this old ass thread as I’m more than likely the only person on here that ever had the original shoreline bag seed cut which was very different to what was circulated after it was crossed to nl and passed around in Austin and HTX and later Mendocino county and then Denver (It was very tightly held, Some of the pics posted by "Fire" on icmag here he got that through a buddy of mine that I gave it to in HTX). The original bag seed was very much a bland afghan type, it got big that was about all it had going for it plus it just existed ! P crossed the bag seed clone to the northern lights and just kept calling it shoreline, it was far better improvement! Growing weed in Austin tx late 90’s you couldn’t really be too picky we were stoked to have any genetics that weren’t Mexican lol. To clarify the shoreline Grateful Dead part of the story, it was 93’ . I graduated from HS in 94, “P” was 3 years ahead of me in school. I went to elementary, jr high, and hs with him and his siblings. In 2002 “P” migrated to Mendocino county, Redwood Valley and Covelo specifically. Atx and HTX grows we’re run by family and the outdoor shoreline started really pumping out in California and flowing back to tx. Once Colorado went med the brothers shut down tx and moved!

In 2017 “P” lost everything in the Redwood Valley fire. His neighbors children were killed, he was the person in the news articles that discovered them as he worked his way down the driveway after barely making it off his own property. The neighbors car couldn’t make it through the flames. The last 5 years were pretty rough on him, he was close to an insurance settlement on the property, the fema trailer on the burned up property and ptsd was hard on him. Last June he passed away at 52 after being hit by a drunk driver that ran a red light while P was skateboarding in San Francisco (he was bombing down a very steep road, he was wild), the drunk continued for 2 blocks with him on the hood of his car 😢. P loved breeding cannabis, was an amazing cook, artist, fisherman, farmer, skateboarder, uke player, father. Incredibly intense person.

Last edited:

Mendogrowing

that is what i heard EXCEPT that after the bagseed x nl5 it was then crossed to a completely different NL possbil

that is what i heard EXCEPT that after the bagseed x nl5 it was then crossed to a completely different NL possbily nl9

that's a typo on my part, shiva here ... no nl#5, for sure. NL #9 is what sticks out in my mind, I know he didn't get them from sensi seedbank.

Last edited:

Mendogrowing

I think I'm getting a cut of this soon. Actually, there are two different Shorelines from Texas. Both are stinky, but only one is the original. The one in Cannabible 3 is the imposter.

I hope to document both of them as soon as I receive from the two different sources I found. One of them found me on another forum. Should only be another week or two, Universe willing. :)
I've never flipped through a copy of Cannabible 3 so I have no idea what is pictured. P was friends with Jason King and visited him when he vacationed in hawaii so I'm genuinely curious what is featured in 3. I can vouch for what is pictured in Cannabible 2, I invited my bro-inlaw to the party Jason shot all the pics at. I can confirm that P gave genetics to Devils Harvest he mentioned it numerous times to me. They never looked like the clone only TX Shoreline. P crossed shoreline to everthing under the sun and it never compared to the clone visually or tastewise. I'd be highly skeptical of anyone selling "tx shorline" seeds. I'd love to get CSI to do a reversal run.

Last edited:

JetLife175

Veteran
I’d figure I’d chime in on this old ass thread as I’m more than likely the only person on here that ever had the original shoreline bag seed cut which was very different to what was circulated after it was crossed to nl#9 and passed around in Austin and HTX and later Mendocino county and then Denver (It was very tightly held, Some of the pics posted by "Fire" on icmag here he got that through a buddy of mine that I gave it to in HTX). The original bag seed was very much a bland afghan type, it got big that was about all it had going for it plus it just existed ! P crossed the bag seed clone to the northern lights and just kept calling it shoreline, it was far better improvement! Growing weed in Austin tx late 90’s you couldn’t really be too picky we were stoked to have any genetics that weren’t Mexican lol. To clarify the shoreline Grateful Dead part of the story, it was 93’ . I graduated from HS in 94, “P” was 3 years ahead of me in school. I went to elementary, jr high, and hs with him and his siblings. I later in life married his younger sister. In 2002 “P” migrated to Mendocino county, Redwood Valley and Covelo specifically. Atx and HTX grows we’re run by family and the outdoor shoreline started really pumping out in California and flowing back to tx. Once Colorado went med the brothers shut down tx and moved!

In 2017 “P” lost everything in the Redwood Valley fire. His neighbors children were killed, he was the person in the news articles that discovered them as he worked his way down the driveway after barely making it off his own property. The neighbors car couldn’t make it through the flames. The last 5 years were pretty rough on him, he was close to an insurance settlement on the property, the fema trailer on the burned up property and ptsd was hard on him. Last June he passed away at 52 after being hit by a drunk driver that ran a red light while P was skateboarding in San Francisco, the drunk continued for 2 blocks with him on the hood of his car 😢. P loved breeding cannabis, was an amazing cook, fisherman, farmer, skateboarder, uke player, father. Incredibly intense person.

NL9???????

So you are saying what floats around now as shoreline is a bagseed x nl9???

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My guess is #2....the original pnw clone. The thai really popped in her even after she went to Holland.

S.s.s.c. and I think dutch passion kept the thai strong in r2 and oasis. While nevil bred the sativa out. This is my hypothesis / theory having worked the real 78 pnw cutting.

I've done my own little deep dive into the history. Appreciate the Info ✌️