What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

shoreline strain BS story????

NorCal

Veteran
so I seen that somebody posted shoreline as a strain theyd like to have, this reminded me of when my friend called me the other day and told me a story.

he had looked in the cannabible 3 andd says that the story for the strain goes something like this: some guys were at a dead concert @ the shoreline amphitheater (mountain view cali) and found the seed in a bag there, sometime in the 80's. the reason he called me was to say it couldnt have been possible because the shoreline wasnt even built at the time as I believe he said it was built in 1990. Was JK talking about a diferent shoreline possibly? or is he just fabricating a story to help some random sponsors sales go through the roof? or is my frien wrong himself, thanks

bluebublelove

the shoreline was built and opened in 86.
the grateful dead played there 39 times before they stopped playing as a band together....
out of the 39 shows they played the shoreline 12 times in the 80's.
I've never heard any variations to the shoreline skunk story other than that it was bagseed from a late 80s dead show at the shoreline as well.....I've heard lately that it is hard to find the shoreline cut because it is in texas and held onto by a choice number of folks. the strain it self doesn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary but it smells like its almost too strong in flowering...

hope that helps.

bluebublelove

and also. why would some one lie to boost sales....as far as I know its clone only unless someone has made shoreline f2s and selling them as shoreline...I don't have a hard time believing the story. makes sense.

NorCal

Veteran
bluebublelove said:
and also. why would some one lie to boost sales....as far as I know its clone only unless someone has made shoreline f2s and selling them as shoreline...I don't have a hard time believing the story. makes sense.
it would definitely boost sales of anyone thats got their hands on the finished product and since its only in the hands of a select few they basically have monopolized it and can charge what they want, you definitely know the facts so thanx for clarifying it, my friend is originally from that area so I figured he might know about the subject, thats all....

G

bluebublelove said:
the shoreline was built and opened in 86.
the grateful dead played there 39 times before they stopped playing as a band together....
out of the 39 shows they played the shoreline 12 times in the 80's.

it makes me feel less geeky that im not the only person who was thinking that. thanks for being a man and posting it! :sasmokin:

bluebublelove

I've heard lately that the shoreline cut has been relegated to one or two states, one of which being texas I believe....is there any truth behind this? are any of you folks on the west coast getting cuts? any clubs carry them?

G

:chin: Some folks have it out here in norcal. I assume more North than bay area because I personally have never seen it on the "streets" or heard it mentioned by anybody outside of the net. I assume some has made it's way to the clubs as bud but not as clones

Norcal Crypt

I know ppl in texas with it and also know ppl in Cali with the shoreline. Its in circulation just gotta find the right ppl. There are ppl in the Bay Area forsure that have it. Peace

Last edited:
G

In cali it seems to be grown outdoor a lot cause we got a good amnout of it the last two seasons here, although it really does not represent the potential of the strain imo whatsoever. It will have that shoreline smell but looks like beez. indoor is the way to go.

bluebublelove

I've always thought it was funny when I'd talk to someone who has or at one time smoked shoreline cause when I ask them, so...what did it smell like, they get this wild look and give answers like, skunks, burning erasers, vomit or somthing dead and/or rotting. nice to see shoreline has made its way back to the west coast.

NorCal

Veteran
crazy, I had never even heard of this strain until my friend called me, im glad someone had the facts on hand to sraighten everything out as thats alotta stats on shoreline to know!

Last edited:
G

SHORELINE SMASHES ALL OTHER STRAINS!!!!!

SHORELINE SMASHES ALL OTHER STRAINS!!!!!

mr. burns said:
Hello all!!!

Finally someone has the balls to speak of the INFAMOUS TEXAS SHORELINE STRAIN!!! I recently moved to the Lone Star State from Northern Cali (Bay Area) and had the worst of luck trying to score some greens, plenty of TRIPLES (commercial green bud) but nothing on the EXOTIC side like strains i used to have in Cali: Trainwreck, Mendocino Madness, OG Kush, Diesel etc etc etc...

Then, I was enlightened by a friend of a friend who had the plug on some SUPER-PIE-YAO, it was called TEXAS SHORELINE, $5,300.00/lb. Being from
Cali, I've never heard of this strain before. But when got my hands on the 1st lb of this stuff, my life has literally changed!!! Through a double vacuumed sealed bag, there was a lingering STANK SMELL... seconds after i rip into the bag, the whole house where i was staying (UNCLE) reiked of a PUTRID MOST SKUNKY ODOR EVER... I literally mean the MOST AROMATIC STRAIN i have been in the presence of!!! Every corner of the house was seeped with this smell. I went through the sack, sold all the popcorn nugglets, and kept all the donkey dick nugs to myself, praying that somehow i would find a bean..... with no luck!!!!

Over the next 3 years i have been on a treasure hunt for the elite strain!!! everytime my guy would come around having this strain, twice a year, i would pick up at least a lb and rummage thru it and reserve all the main colas for the likes of myself and special buddies. The grower, I'll speak on them later, has perfected they craft, i mean everytime i've picked up shoreline from my guy, every bud is PERFECT, never been in bags (tupperware and jars only) every bud glistening wit ickey stickey tricomes, the buds all look full and about to bursts, the strain looks hideously beautiful!!!

So.... as time flies, I end up finding 2 beans off a main cola i've had stored. these beans look very FAT!!! I have BOG's SBv2 beans and these shoreline beans are 4-5 imes larger than that of the GURU BOG's coveted strain. Very impressive!!! So my search has come to an end with 2 beans (prolly from stress) because the grower of the TEXAS SHORELINE knows wat they are doing... NO MISTAKES, truly top-notch quality. On the other hand, a buddy of mine, who also has never grown was given clones of a strain he called TEXAS SHORELINE, but he didnt even know about the treasure he now possesed!!! Well, to make a long story short, I didnt believe he had the real deal TEXAS SHORELINE. So i came back on the day he harvested to help trim. When i pull up to his drive-way and get out of my car, i can smell the VERY DISTINCT ROADKILL SKUNKYNESS THAT ALL YOU TEXAS SHORELINE USERS ALL LOVE!!! I get 5 clones and burn out to my "BAT-CAVE"

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

TEXAS SHORELINE:

genetics - i believe this strain is 100% sativa (rumors have it that TEXAS SHORELINE is NL#5 x Super Skunk) i dont know for a fact but it is pure kick ass

odor - UNFORGETTABLE, nothing smells more, hands down... not even the Super Skunks or NL/Skunk crosses (one gram can stink up a 2 story 3 bedroom 3 bathroom house in a matter of minutes... MmMmMm GOOOD

size - can be giants, worth the extra month if you are cash cropping, if you have no worries about odor. 4-5ft, approximately 120-200 grams/ plant. and thats in flood and drain set-up

appearance - people always say they got some fire, lemme tell you this, the crystals on the TEXAS SHORELINE are BIG.... very big... magnify it and you shall be drooling. very tite buds that are full, looking to burst

smoke - one hitter quitter, smokes jus like it smells!!! i used to take hits of this stuff while at work and would come back smelling jus like the strain jus breathing also my fingers stank like i been fingering a skunk's butthole, the smell lingers on ur palate for hours and doesnt lose its flavor like all buds do when smoked, this stuff tastes good all the way to the last hit

I truly believe that this strain will be one of the ELITES on the all time list, ive had the best of the best before, but the TEXAS SHORELINE is unarguably the best ever, sorry to all the breeders making money, once TEXAS SHORELINE makes a name for itself and finally gets leaked to the public.... ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE *someone please quote me* the lucky few who have run across it have been blessed with my same knowledge 1st hand/ smoke.

get@urboy
Mr. Burns

www.godwon.net

yo, before i spoke about the grower of this amazing strain. now, to go into details. this strain has been kept in the Austin TX area by an older gentleman and his son who have grown this strain commercially for the past 15 years. now it has made its way into many Houston TX gardens, but the strain is hoarded because of its distinctive traits. as far as the Grateful Dead story, it might be true, but the story does put it on the same plateau as the OG Kush..... but for someone who has grown both strains, the shoreline crushes the OG!!! the strain has a very unique skunky, diesel fuel odor. the yields are very good on the shoreline, it is truly a 10-13 week strain (really packs on the main cola weight after the 10th week)

i got beans of the shoreline crossed with sweet tooth!!! who's willing to trade elites??????

www.fotki.com/mrburns/shoreline

get@urboy
Mr. Burns

G

Special ED said:
yo, before i spoke about the grower of this amazing strain. now, to go into details. this strain has been kept in the Austin TX area by an older gentleman and his son who have grown this strain commercially for the past 15 years. now it has made its way into many Houston TX gardens, but the strain is hoarded because of its distinctive traits. as far as the Grateful Dead story, it might be true, but the story does put it on the same plateau as the OG Kush..... but for someone who has grown both strains, the shoreline crushes the OG!!! the strain has a very unique skunky, diesel fuel odor. the yields are very good on the shoreline, it is truly a 10-13 week strain (really packs on the main cola weight after the 10th week)

i got beans of the shoreline crossed with sweet tooth!!! who's willing to trade elites??????

www.fotki.com/mrburns/shoreline

get@urboy
Mr. Burns

I see from that CS screenshot you're playin De_Dust2 on the counter terrorist team ;) I used to play CS but i stopped at CS 1.3. After that they started fuckin up the mobility too much..

Anyway thanks for the shoreline shots. Added the pics to the Shoreline folder :D

Fire

shiva said:
To confirm the orginal bagseed was crossed with sensi seeds NL#5 and the clone was selected from there, it is one stinky plant and the skunk flavor really lingers on you when smoking it.

^ thanks for the info!.....very interesting indeed!!.......I just took a huge bowl .... and you put it dead on.....how the skunk taste lingers on..... seriously mad skunky after taste going on right now....*smack smack*

original bagseed? what was the original bagseed from??? if i may ask :wink:

this pics sucks!!..and doesnt do it any real justice....but it's recent

thanks shiva

Last edited:
G

SHORELINE = NEW ELITE

SHORELINE = NEW ELITE

yo fire,
is that shoreLINE in ur pix ur own work??? cause im in TX and the same LINE that looks exactly like that has been going around. wat else have you been bumpin into in htown?

over at where im at we got BOG's SourBubbleBX3, BOG's BlueMoonRocks, shoreline, and skud.

also, i saw a pix of that bubba kush in ur photos section, was that going around here anytime???

also, have you heard of or grown a strain called Burma-Berry???

ps thanks for the PM fiya

Last edited: