What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shiva Grows

shiva82

i am the human god given lab test pipeline . i don't need sophisticated equipment to make selections . i find it distopian taking plant biometrics and making selections without personal taste, thought or soul.

we are super computers

i paint pictures from my heart

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning. Absolutely, I agree. Every breeder i have listened to except one was not using lab tests to make selections. They just found it an easy option to help find selections, and they would verify the phenotype through smoke testing.

Yeah it is not a good idea to be culling or selecting plants without trying them first. I'm sure when breeders are looking at hundreds of individuals trying to determine phenotypes and how to make selections, it becomes pretty overwhelming. So using testing only helps to move the process along more quickly, but the smoke test is what they are using for final decisions reguarding plant selections.

shiva82

good afternoon

also , perfection does not exist . all tech is based on input of human data. keep it real , keep it natural , keep the faith and trust in jah . i dont trust biometrics and analytics or computer modelling .

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Get to work smoke testers! Do you think there is any relationship between type of terpene and effect?

Any relationship between terpene intensity and potency?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good point though, every plant is unique, there are also lots of type of flavors with terpenilene, Chimera said. Some terpenelene leans pine whereas other high terpeneline plants have other flavors.

Very little black and white in the cannabis world. Best to test through all the plants to determine final selections.

shiva82

Get to work smoke testers! Do you think there is any relationship between type of terpene and effect?

Any relationship between terpene intensity and potency?
there can be , but some times the opposite. some of these hemp strains they produce with no active thc can have insane terps. Some terps are toxic and dangerous, some will trigger hay fever histamine type reactions

it is not rigid or black and white.

i think an abstract viewpoint is more important than graphs and charts

go quantum and use our own senses

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He talked about other compounds or subgroups which are all terpenilene. So its not that easy. Make sure those breeders get paid.

A lot of work. The other even longer way, is to do test crosses with males and see how the plant segregate out. Once you know your males profiles, you are getting closer to accomplishing something. Ends up speeding up the road to success so the line is stable enough to be released.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool, I was interested in getting a potency and terpene readout for my CBD hemp oil. I emailed them to find out if they had done testing and it was kind of silly, they repied "Yes testing has been done.", but they didn't show me the results.

shiva82

He talked about other compounds or subgroups which are all terpenilene. So its not that easy. Make sure those breeders get paid.

A lot of work. The other even longer way, is to do test crosses with males and see how the plant segregate out. Once you know your males profiles, you are getting closer to accomplishing something. Ends up speeding up the road to success so the line is stable enough to be released.
if your aim is to stabilise a hybrid , maybe so

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh another way testing was used was testing a large number of males for potency. You can smoke test males too, but may not work quite as well. What do you think about getting test results for males? Thats a little bit more reasonable.

shiva82

you have to understand i'm just a grower that uses his own medication regular and i mainly grow indoor. so , everything i do is tailoured towards myself and not the public at large . When you are listening to business men and scientists they are giving you a different viewpoint and goals and target that differ from my own. they also conflict with my methods.

i leave the hemp breeding etc to the breeders , and i will stick to making outcrosses of my favoruites and growing and smoking them

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah slightly different goals and abilities. The cultivars/varieties some of these breeders make take a lot of work to get there. That level of stabilty they are able to produce and also some of the individual phenos they may find as they hunt through thousands of individual plants.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have achieved some great smoke test results with my minimalist F12 project! Just 2 males per year, and being ruthless in my culling and selections. May be better than some of the lines released by the breeders!

Humble youself under the mighty hand of Jah and He will exault you in due time.