What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shiva Grows

shiva82

Really glad to hear that! :smoke:

I quit and I was taking several suppliments with caffeine and drinking about 6 cups of 3/4 strength coffee. You can do it. Herb definitely helps. I had very little withdrawl, but I would taper off just to make it easy like you said.

Yeah just get active and if you're tired just get to bed earlier or take naps. Also turning off devices an hour or so before bed helps your sleep pattern. CBD oil really helps me get sound sleep, I noticed, so I alway take half a mL of 1000 Mg/oz oil.
yeah man . good advice

environemental stress makes me drink coffee all day long. i don't take meds , and i never will , so the caffeine stimulates my serotonin and so forth. i can't sleep if i don't have a coffee . thats how much coffee i have been drinking.

us addicts are not normal mate . often we are quite well educated on the matter too

we all have problems so i won't bore everyone too much

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its good you have homegrown herb to help therapy during the transition off of caffeine. May look into CBD Hemp oil if you can afford it. You want full spectrum oil and spagyric extraction if you can find it.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have seen recommendations that say if using medicinal cannabis as a threapy to use 1 mg cbd per mg thc. That may not be possible with high potency dabs! But anyway, thats the recommendation to get maximum benefit for inflamation and stuff. It fills all the endocannabinoid system up.

shiva82

one step at a time. i have been cutting down cannabis too. i'm cutting the ganja way back down to just using a dab in evening

caffeine reduction to zero , and hydrate myself properly is the first step . once i get addicted to that , i'm in the groove

i look at addiction etc as super powers

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not a bad idea to smoke in the evenings. Thats what I normally . Will help get your tolerance in check so you don't have to smoke so much.

Sweet greens mix and mushroom drink mixes are here with all my suppliments. I think thats what I switched to. Nothing wrong with addictive superpowers. Thats how we get good at stuff. Basketball, whatever you want to do.

shiva82

boxing is my addiction. i'm still fine fitness wise, thankfully . if i could not box anymore then i would be in trouble mentally .

i may do a sparring video at somepoint when i work out how to edit and blank faces

shiva82

ok, i'm off to do half an hour at the gym, water my plants and set up the autopot system and fill tank , do ec and ph calibration tests etc and then thats good to go. then cook some healthy food and relax.

take it easy . cheers

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you are trying to cut back on cannabis, I would switch to flower. Also, you could allow yourself a couple puffsa occasionally throughout the day of flower, and it will help therapy. Once every 15 minutes is what I read, need to find the website. Keeps you from overdosing cannabis.

zaprjaques

shiva mate, trust me on this one cause i'm just in the middle of it and it works way better than i expected.
i stopped drinking coffee 2 or 3 weeks ago, only the first day after quitting sucked, big headache all day. the day after that i slept so hard i was completely knocked out, i wouldnt wake up if you started shaking me.
i was just quitting to get back to my basic level and check if stress and general unwellnes would go away. it did.

now, by accident i found out how to use caffeine properly, and this shit is true, been doing this the last 3 days now and it does the trick so far .

no coffee straight after waking. wait for one and a half to two hours, i'm not bullshitting you.
Then drink a big ass coffee, 3mg caffeine per kilo of bodyweight works good, ive read that you can do even 6mg. i drink like 3 espressos.
Youll be good to go all day, no crash in the afternoon. caffeine has a halflife of 5 hours and quarter life of 14.

it blocks some stuff in your brain that usually makes you tired. but once it wears off the tiring stuff kicks in and the fuckers will stack up to a super high level and you only postpone their effects, theyre right there in line waiting for the caffeine to leave the place so they can crash. you need to get that out completely before you ingest caffeine.
so wake up, do some exercise or whatever, get some sunlight and then blow your brains into caffeine heaven.
even better on an empty stomach!

edit:
i feel like on anti depressants all day, in a good way.

also all things sugar will make you feel like crap eventually, i cut back on that too completely, i'm a bit of a fatty so i avoid all major sources of carbohydrates and i feel a lot better than i used to a couple weeks ago.
if i would work out carbs would be ok i guess, but no sweets.

Last edited:

shiva82

shiva mate, trust me on this one cause i'm just in the middle of it and it works way better than i expected.
i stopped drinking coffee 2 or 3 weeks ago, only the first day after quitting sucked, big headache all day. the day after that i slept so hard i was completely knocked out, i wouldnt wake up if you started shaking me.
i was just quitting to get back to my basic level and check if stress and general unwellnes would go away. it did.

now, by accident i found out how to use caffeine properly, and this shit is true, been doing this the last 3 days now and it does the trick so far .

no coffee straight after waking. wait for one and a half to two hours, i'm not bullshitting you.
Then drink a big ass coffee, 3mg caffeine per kilo of bodyweight works good, ive read that you can do even 6mg. i drink like 3 espressos.
Youll be good to go all day, no crash in the afternoon. caffeine has a halflife of 5 hours and quarter life of 14.

it blocks some stuff in your brain that usually makes you tired. but once it wears off the tiring stuff kicks in and the fuckers will stack up to a super high level and you only postpone their effects, theyre right there in line waiting for the caffeine to leave the place so they can crash. you need to get that out completely before you ingest caffeine.
so wake up, do some exercise or whatever, get some sunlight and then blow your brains into caffeine heaven.
even better on an empty stomach!
respect. i will follow this advice and some of pipelines suggestions too . caffiene may well be the most addictive drug i have used . i got into caffeine when i quit alcohol over a decade ago

shiva82

columbianred x oldmotherghani pheno 1 and 2 and then the far end plant is a silverhashplant. 3 weeks in veg . one more week veg max. both columbianredx afghan have afghan leaves.

i did a clean up job . had a couple of fungus twats again and couple of thrips. thats why the plants are wet

just canna A and B base nutrient. @ 0.7 ec. now up to 1.0 ec as i connect the system up

Attachments

• IMG_5863.JPG
    IMG_5863.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 28