What's new

Shakedown Street 10,600 watts

Securityfirst

I call this grow Shakedown street, that phrase reminds me of my experience in life. We are here for a good time not a long time as my cousin would say....

After much hard work and a few harvests later I have decided to post pics of our current grow. I think that it is possible to do this solo but it is nice to have a grow partner, someone you can really trust.
The grow space is a converted barn with 10,600 watts of HID power.There are 6 1000 watt lamps over 2 and 1/2 trays and then there are 8 600 watters including 2 stealth tubes for a bit of a middle aisle action and 2 other trays.There are 3 100 gallon resovoirs with two pumps in each, one to flood the tray and one to move the water inside the rez for better air flow.The vegetation room is powered with a 1000 watt lamp and an old school 400 watt hanger both over two 4 by 8 tray. The Electric cable was routed underground from a neighbors house with their permission. The barn is surrounded by winery's and cows and is a nice area. I would call this current grow unethical and experimental. I know that I have learned a lot just working the room. For example I knew that we would be starting with well water at 360 ppm and I freaked and bought the RO filter. Come to find out marijuana plants love the well water. Perhaps because of all the calcium, never have had it checked.
All the plants are 4 weeks into flower and harvest is 4/18/09. The nutes that we use right now are advanced nutrients micro and bloom along with Open Sesame, Cha Ching and Liquid Kool Bloom. The Strawberry cough x Deep Chunk has stayed at 1400 ppm or more the whole flower time. As a matter of fact all the plants have and it is virtually impossible to burn them with the well water. The plants are just way healthy!!
Strains that are in this room include Purple Kush, Superglue, Strawberry Cough X Deep Chunk , Black Domina , Hindu Kush , Trainwreck, Durban Diesel, and a few others. The reason for so many strains is that we are in Norcal and we run into new genetics everyday from friends and the clubs.

We would like to evolve this room into a sealed C02 situation with the Sentinel Controller and all. I bet this room could harvest 14 Pd's or more if we put in 120 of the same plant and had co2. Ive gotta say that fact alone is really exciting for us to see what this could be made into with creative thinking and good karma!

Right now we expect a 10 pd harvest. We are both working professionals and dont have a lot of time to spend on the room as we would like.

Watch Jerry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-EI-yid1NY

Comments and suggestions appreciated...............

Sour Grape babies

picture.php

The Grow , notice the two cooltubes set in the middle between the trays, we hand water those plants.

picture.php

Securityfirst

Some 4 week into flower Pics

Some 4 week into flower Pics

here are some pictures of what the inside looks like.......

Vegg room

picture.php

Strawberry Cough x Deep Chunk 4 weeks in

picture.php

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:lurk::lurk:

ill be watching this one for sure brother...

i love these big boy grows..

keep posting pictures!

:woohoo:

LW

Securityfirst

Lil Wayne, thanks for stopping in.. I mean I like my freedom and all but we have around 250 plants in the vegg and flower area which is pretty much a big deal anywhere in the US.One big mistake I made as a beginner a few years ago is having to high of a plant count. There is no need imo to go more than 25-30 plants per tray or as the experts say one per sq ft. Def wouldnt call this a sea of green. Lot of sacrifice but ending up with a trashbag for your own head is worth it. Growing your own is the only way to go IMO.

Securityfirst

Thanks Boston, that will be so good when Massachusetts has a medical club!! They are definitly on their way. Stoney 419 thanks man!! Stoney , I have read your grow journal several times in the past and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Y

yamaha_1fan

looking good.

I do think you could do way better than 10 pounds unless you are using some low yielding strain, which is fine. I honestly think you could get 15-20# with a decent yielding strain. Whatever works for you

good luck and I'll keep an eye on this one

Securityfirst

Unta , wish I was on the East Coast sometimes. Even down south is cool.

Yamaha 1 fan, I hope to acheive that sometime soon. That would make me very happy. My theory is why do a couple different grows when you can just put everything you have into just one grow. The introduction of a Sentinel controller with a dehum, an ac will probably help tons. That along with the right genetics as you say..

Basically waiting for tommorow the 1st so I can blast through 18 days twiddling my thumbs. Just a new Nikon digital camera for like 140 at Best Buy so harvest pics will be cool.