What's new

Sgapetti 1,2 sqf cab, 120w cfl, test run

sgapetti

Veteran
Looks like they could go another 30 days with ease, and probably should for a proper finish seeds or no seeds. All in all they look delicious, think I can smell them from here ;). Glad to see all is working out for you my friend :good:
welcome back my friend:comfort:, i will harvest by tricomes maturation,i am still half way and in no harry. however i will stop feeding them the last 3 weeks as you suggested so i keep in mind +- 30 days:wave:

sgapetti

Veteran
day 44 of 12/12 , day 48 from seed

day 44 of 12/12 , day 48 from seed

Temps cab min 66,4 max 85,1
Temps ambient min 71,6 max 75,4

feeding 9ml fishmix and 12ml biobloom x U. S. gallon @ every watering

picture.php

3 C99 BX1

picture.php

Mandala#1 F2 macro
picture.php

C99BX1 macro

more info later on

Mister_D

Veteran
Lookin damn tastey bro :good: How are they smelling? I'd venture to guess those c99's will be ready in about 3 weeks give or take a lil, though i'm sure they could go a bit longer to finish the seeds if necessary. That mandala 1 f2 is looking killer, thinking an easy 4 weeks left on that one. Only time will tell, but that should give you a ball park idea of when to start the flush. No worries if you don't hit the three week mark, using biobizz you could fertilize right up until harvest without much harshness in the final product. Three weeks is for super smooth smoke, but also so you can reuse the media knowing it is basicly inert. Simplifies feeding when reusing. Just start seeds or clones per usual methods, and begin feeding at the usual ratio with your first watering. If you only get a 2 weekish flush in, simply give the new clones or seeds straight water for the first one or two waterings to use up the excess left over from flowering the previous crop.

sgapetti

Veteran
Lookin damn tastey bro :good: How are they smelling? I'd venture to guess those c99's will be ready in about 3 weeks give or take a lil, though i'm sure they could go a bit longer to finish the seeds if necessary. That mandala 1 f2 is looking killer, thinking an easy 4 weeks left on that one. Only time will tell, but that should give you a ball park idea of when to start the flush. No worries if you don't hit the three week mark, using biobizz you could fertilize right up until harvest without much harshness in the final product. Three weeks is for super smooth smoke, but also so you can reuse the media knowing it is basicly inert. Simplifies feeding when reusing. Just start seeds or clones per usual methods, and begin feeding at the usual ratio with your first watering. If you only get a 2 weekish flush in, simply give the new clones or seeds straight water for the first one or two waterings to use up the excess left over from flowering the previous crop.

rutten pineapple 2 of them, the little one tropical fruit.they are fast, lots of orange pistils.I will probably harvest at different tricomes maturation to get a idea for future grows, but i will leave the lower part for seed maturation. I use so little soil, and a have a big compost, is not a issue, but i undestand your feeding method
now :wave:

Mister_D

Veteran
Mmmm rotten pineapple sounds right up my ally ;), like me a lil tropical fruit too. Trich maturation is the best way to determine harvest time, just thought i'd give you a ball park idea being these are seeds. Dialing flush times is much easier when growing known clones, but a few days one way or the other doesn't really make a big difference. The feeding methodology is designed around consistancy with each round of soil. Not so much important for a personal grow, but paramount when going commerical. Or if you are still trying to let go of old ocd hydro habits like me (must control everything exactly :laughing:). Just as a side note, I always add back compost or worm castings when reusing soil. As you probably know in organic gardening microbes further break down organic matter into humus, leaving you with less soil than when you started. So adding back a source of organic matter is a good idea for both maintaining the same amount of media as well as giving the microbes something to feed on. This in turn feeds you plants, while the humus produced makes your nutes (dry or liquid) more easily assimilated by the plants. That is the reason soil recyclers notice their soil improves with each use. One last thing i've been meaning to mention to you for a few weeks now. When you orignally mentioned to me your cab design lighting worked out to 100w per sqft, I was a little concerned this might burn your plants. I happened to be studying lighting at the time, and have since learned fluorescent lights produce less light (photons) per watt of power used vs. HID lighting. Your grow has shown this to be true in real world example. So I am now thinking you were right to use so much light, clearly it has worked out well for you. Further testing needs to be done to be conclusive, but it is good to know 100w per sqft is an acceptable recommendation to people using fluorescent lighting for there grow. I often setup new medical growers, and havn't been able to give better than an educated guess as to how much fluorescent light should be used for decent results. I now have a good reference point, so :thank you: for that. Happy Trails buddy, i've got to get my ass back to work.....

sgapetti

Veteran
day 47 of 12/12 , day 51 from seed

day 47 of 12/12 , day 51 from seed

Mmmm rotten pineapple sounds right up my ally ;), like me a lil tropical fruit too. Trich maturation is the best way to determine harvest time, just thought i'd give you a ball park idea being these are seeds. Dialing flush times is much easier when growing known clones, but a few days one way or the other doesn't really make a big difference. The feeding methodology is designed around consistancy with each round of soil. Not so much important for a personal grow, but paramount when going commerical. Or if you are still trying to let go of old ocd hydro habits like me (must control everything exactly :laughing:). Just as a side note, I always add back compost or worm castings when reusing soil. As you probably know in organic gardening microbes further break down organic matter into humus, leaving you with less soil than when you started. So adding back a source of organic matter is a good idea for both maintaining the same amount of media as well as giving the microbes something to feed on. This in turn feeds you plants, while the humus produced makes your nutes (dry or liquid) more easily assimilated by the plants. That is the reason soil recyclers notice their soil improves with each use. One last thing i've been meaning to mention to you for a few weeks now. When you orignally mentioned to me your cab design lighting worked out to 100w per sqft, I was a little concerned this might burn your plants. I happened to be studying lighting at the time, and have since learned fluorescent lights produce less light (photons) per watt of power used vs. HID lighting. Your grow has shown this to be true in real world example. So I am now thinking you were right to use so much light, clearly it has worked out well for you. Further testing needs to be done to be conclusive, but it is good to know 100w per sqft is an acceptable recommendation to people using fluorescent lighting for there grow. I often setup new medical growers, and havn't been able to give better than an educated guess as to how much fluorescent light should be used for decent results. I now have a good reference point, so :thank you: for that. Happy Trails buddy, i've got to get my ass back to work.....

I will harvest the top part of the c99 a different stage of tricomes maturation to determine which i prefer most, while the lower part will be left for seed maturation. With cfl is all about dialing a grow space and i still believe that as long as i keep the bulbs within 12 inches from the top soil i can grow quality herb, but not that much.I am pleased you can use something from my grow, feels like i can give something back to the community.

This is how i am thinking atm: if i manage to keep everything about the same next grow ( feeding schedule,feeding interval, temps, soil,lights, RH, air exchange) i will be able to use the length of the veg to control the stretch of the plant. What i will change is the perlite for expanded clay pallets ( the one i am using to cover the top soil ) and the position of the plants and lights as i am going to try a vertical sog wtih 7 plants:laughing: ( i have been reading to many vertical grows ) but a bit longer veg, with 2 vertical bulbs hanging in the middle from the flowering .
That said back to the ladys

Temps cab min 66,4 max 85,1
Temps ambient min 71,6 max 75,4

feeding 9ml fishmix and 12ml biobloom x U. S. gallon @ every watering

picture.php

the 3 c99 bx1 from the inside

picture.php

detail of maturation , c99 bx1

picture.php

sam the skunkman freebie/mandala#1

picture.php

Nirvana northern ligth

picture.php

2 short mandala#1 F2 front, left back sam the skunkman freebie/mandala#1, rigth back Nirvana northern ligth

keep it green ppl:wave:

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
good homie, that incredible result ...the harvest is back to the door fratello...all nuggs are full of triky , enjoyed the final phase
much kudos coming to you bro!!!

Mister_D

Veteran
Just doing a detailed grow log is giving back to the community bro. There are many people that just lurk and read, never posting. That isn't to say that they are not soaking up knowledge from threads like yours. I know this for a fact because I am one of those people. I read probably 100 times more than I post. Granted I post alot in your thread, but thats just because we get along so well. Probably that italian blood mixed with a love of ganja ;). At any rate things are looking great, keep doing what you are doing. Looking forward to the next update.

trichogg

That c99 is comming alone nice. Bunch o trich like the c99 cross I have in tha cab now. Almost green champ.

sgapetti

Veteran
good homie, that incredible result ...the harvest is back to the door fratello...all nuggs are full of triky , enjoyed the final phase
much kudos coming to you bro!!!

:thank you: killer,much appreciate

Just doing a detailed grow log is giving back to the community bro. There are many people that just lurk and read, never posting. That isn't to say that they are not soaking up knowledge from threads like yours. I know this for a fact because I am one of those people. I read probably 100 times more than I post. Granted I post alot in your thread, but thats just because we get along so well. Probably that italian blood mixed with a love of ganja ;). At any rate things are looking great, keep doing what you are doing. Looking forward to the next update.
The way i see it this is our thread :comfort:

That c99 is comming alone nice. Bunch o trich like the c99 cross I have in tha cab now. Almost green champ.
:thank you:

That said i check the tricomes of the fastest c99 today, and believe it or not some of them are starting to get amber, 54 days from seed:jump:

sgapetti

Veteran
day 50 of 12/12 , day 54 from seed

day 50 of 12/12 , day 54 from seed

:thank you: for stopping trichogg

Temps cab min 66,4 max 86,1
Temps ambient min 71,6 max 76,4
RH 49%
last feeding today ,9ml fishmix and 12ml biobloom x U. S. gallon

picture.php

From now on only water, usual front shot whit the 3 c99BX1 front,considering i do not have any scrubber, almost no odor at all outside cab, very light tropical fruit smell barely noticeable

picture.php

Macro of the small c99BX1 front right , the one front left is starting to show some amber trics
keep it green and stay safe:headbange

sgapetti

Veteran
day 53 of 12/12 , day 57 from seed

day 53 of 12/12 , day 57 from seed

Only water to the end .
Temps cab min 66,4 max 86,1
Temps ambient min 71,6 max 76,4
RH 49% in and 31% out

picture.php

Macro Sam the Skunkman freebie/Mandala#1

picture.php

Macro Mandala#1 F2

picture.php

Macro C99BX1

Basically cecking the tricomes to follow maturation. Fastest are the c99bx1 followed by the Mandala#1 F2, the Sam the Skunkman freebie/Mandala#1 and last the Nirvana Northen light

trichogg

I love that c99 cross. I have a c99 cross running in the oven now also. How far did u cut back on your fish mix when you went

sgapetti

Veteran
No worries mate, thank you for stopping by.
they got fishmix from start until 3 weeks from harvest, quantities are in the thread

Mister_D

Veteran
Trichogg - I suggest you read through the thread. Sgapetti and myself have dropped lots of useful information thoughout. However the recipe is as follows :
Using an inert (no nutes) soil/less media
Veg - 9ml fish mix or bio grow per U.S. gallon of water starting from the first watering at clone or seedling stage through all of veg. ph'd to 6.0-6.5
Bloom - Starting first day of 12/12 9ml fish mix or bio grow + 12ml biobloom per U.S. gallon of water ph'd to 6.0-6.5
Flush - Give nothing but plain ph'd water the last three weeks prior to harvest.
It is optional to add alg-a-mic at 9ml per U.S. gal veg-flush. Recipes are designed to be fed at every watering.
If you are using a precharged soil (i.e. ocean forest or similar) Simply use plain ph'd water until the soil is depleted, then start the appropriate recipe (veg or flower) for the remainder of the cycle. I believe this is all covered in pm's between myself and spagetti, that were posted earlier in the thread.

Edit: The recipes assume you are using tap water with sufficent cal/mag. If using RO or low ppm tap a cal/mag supplement will likely be necessary. I recommend General hydro's organic line cal/mag as it doesn't contribute any nitrogen. If you have mixed nutes sitting around for more than a day or two I recommend using another cal-mag supplement (botanicare etc) as i've read GO cal-mag will fall out of suspension if not used rather quickly.