What's new

Sgapetti 1,2 sqf cab, 120w cfl, test run

sgapetti

Veteran
day 5 12/12

day 5 12/12

Temps cab min 57 max 88
Temps ambient min 55 max 64
They are doing fine so far, watering very careful and making sure they dry out in between.

Mister_D, buddy, I am reading a lot as well, about really micro grows, I have noticed that some growers are doing really well with mix spectrum lights , seems that the plants benefits from it specially during late stage of flowering, I am going that way to and leaving a 4000k light mixed with the 2700k.:wave:

sgapetti

Veteran
day 7 12/12

day 7 12/12

picture.php

I have increased the passive air intake in order to manage my max temp, i took a shot outside the cab .

All but 4 mandala 1 are 11 days old.

sgapetti

Veteran
day 8 12/12

day 8 12/12

Temps cab min 66 max 84
Temps ambient min 62,6 max 71,6

picture.php

Keep it green at stay safe:wave:

Mister_D

Veteran
They are looking beautiful my friend. Smart thinking on increasing the air flow. Thats always a good idea as long as it doesn't negatively effect optimal temps (i.e. too cold). I exchange my air 15 times per min when using my exhaust :laughing:. 1-2 times per min is ideal, but more isn't going to hurt, unless it is effecting ideal temps. Currently running a sealed room with a co2 though. Can't wait to see some buds in that cab :wave:. Keep us updated, i'll be watching. Very curious to see how those mandala 1 f2's come out. :artist:

sgapetti

Veteran
They are looking beautiful my friend. Smart thinking on increasing the air flow. Thats always a good idea as long as it doesn't negatively effect optimal temps (i.e. too cold). I exchange my air 15 times per min when using my exhaust :laughing:. 1-2 times per min is ideal, but more isn't going to hurt, unless it is effecting ideal temps. Currently running a sealed room with a co2 though. Can't wait to see some buds in that cab :wave:. Keep us updated, i'll be watching. Very curious to see how those mandala 1 f2's come out. :artist:
Thank you bro,
yes ,as you wrote, trying to keep ideal temps, if it gets to cold i just cover some of the holes. About the 5 Mandala#1 f2, prob. 4 sativa and 1 indica pheno, are preparing to stretch and will take off any time. As i am going by moon calender, ( full moon yesterday), this is the time for the plant to grow till the new moon, very curios to see how it turns out.:wave:

sgapetti

Veteran
day 11 @ 12/12

day 11 @ 12/12

picture.php

Temps cab min 63 max 83
Temps ambient min 60 max 70

feeding 7,2ml/g biobizz fish mix every second day , no runoff, Will try to raise min temps.

hey sgapetti, looking great man!

If you don't mind me asking where did you purchase those 30 watt cfl's?

keep up the good work man.

:thank you: for stopping by.
Those are regular household lamps, anywhere where they have different cfl lamps.

ya i know the reason i was asking was for the shape of the bulb. locally i can only find spiral cfl's with a built in ballast and i was hoping you could point me in a more direct direction so i wouldn't have to go threw buying ballast, sockets, wire.... ect. i was hoping you got it off a site.
eh o well thanks anyways and keep posting your grow has my eye.

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
They look good sgapetti, good luck with the grow. I'll be watching

sgapetti

Veteran
They look good sgapetti, good luck with the grow. I'll be watching
:thank you:Warped1, nice to see you again. I am really pleased atm with the grow, big difference compared with the Mandala1/Kalichakra run, I am basically waiting for them to show sex and transplant in the final container.
Keep it green and stay safe.:wave:

Mister_D

Veteran
Hey bro whats with the white specks on your leaves? is it just the camera, or am I seeing some mite or thrip damage? I hope not, but thought i'd better ask.

sgapetti

Veteran
day 14 of 12/12

day 14 of 12/12

Hey bro whats with the white specks on your leaves? is it just the camera, or am I seeing some mite or thrip damage? I hope not, but thought i'd better ask.

Mister_D:tiphat: i have 35% rh outside 52% rh inside the cab and i am spraying the seedling once a day with water as I have been reading
about benefits of higher humidity in veg, however I do have living heart worms in the container:laughing:
I took single images of strains outside the cab so that you can have a better look at them:

C99 BX1

The one on the rigth is 16 days from seed and she is getting more N, the other 2 left 18 days from seed

Nirvana Northern Lights day 18 from seed, day 14 of 12/12

First to germ, very vigorous, the tallest one in the cab

Nirvana Blue Mystic day18 from seed, day 14 of 12/12

Just started to stretch

Mandala"1 F2

2 on the left
day18 from seed, day 14 of 12/12
3 from rigth day 14 of 12/12 0 veg

I hope they will not stretch as much as the last time

Mandala#1/Sam the skunkmam freebie day 18 from seed, day 14 of12/12

I am happy i took seed from this one. The mother, freebie from sts took only 73 day 12/12 from seed to finish. I have only been able to smoke her one time, very potent and smelled road kill for real

Temps cab min 71 max 82
Temps ambient min 71 max 71

Mister_D

Veteran
Heart worms? Like the kind that effect dogs and cats? How did you end up with these, and how do you know what they are? Thats crazy stuff man, is there some soil benefit to having them? First time i've ever heard of this so i'm curious. Aside from that, higher humidity (~70%) during veg and the first half of flower does create higher growth rates. Study VPD (Vapor Pressure Density) for more information on that subject. I'm betting you already came across this information, but I thought i'd toss it out there for people reading your thread. Plants are looking healthy, glad there's no bugs. I assume the white specks to be dried calcium from your water sprays. It won't hurt anything, and I don't see them in the new pics so maybe it was the light too. Curious are you using the bloom formula we discussed yet?

sgapetti

Veteran
Heart worms? Like the kind that effect dogs and cats? How did you end up with these, and how do you know what they are? Thats crazy stuff man, is there some soil benefit to having them? First time i've ever heard of this so i'm curious. Aside from that, higher humidity (~70%) during veg and the first half of flower does create higher growth rates. Study VPD (Vapor Pressure Density) for more information on that subject. I'm betting you already came across this information, but I thought i'd toss it out there for people reading your thread. Plants are looking healthy, glad there's no bugs. I assume the white specks to be dried calcium from your water sprays. It won't hurt anything, and I don't see them in the new pics so maybe it was the light too. Curious are you using the bloom formula we discussed yet?

Sorry:laughing: i mean earthworms ,they get a free ride from the compost.
The white specks where probably water drops. Atm I am using only biobizz fish mix , going to 8 ml/g from next watering, but they will start flowering soon so maybe i should start with the bloom formula,i will have to read our conversation again, i recall you suggesting me to mix all the nutrients in the soil, but that soil is in the single 13,5 x 13,5 container where the plants will be moved when they show sex. The bloom fert will be biobizz bloom, but in the new soil I have more nutrients then the last time:

40% Own organic compost ( horse manure,organic household waste, peat ) 40% professional organic soil ( cow and chicken manure, kelp powder,sand,clay and peat) bone meal,epson salt. 20% perlite.:thank you:

sgapetti

Veteran
The bloom formula

The bloom formula

nice progress sgap!
I'm courious for time of harvest of your cross..
I'm tuned!
:wave:
I am curios as well. :wave: They have started flowering now.

Chopped 3 male ( NL, BM and Mandala#1 F2 )

After asking Mister_D I am going whit this feeding schedule:

quote=sgapetti]Mister_Q
I did'nt find any bloom formula suggestion in my mandala thread or pm's, But i find this in your conversation with One Q on your thread:

Bloom = 9ml per gal. grow + 9ml per gal. alg-a-mic (optional) + 12ml per gal. Bloom

Mister_D said:
Thought I mentioned both in pm? Lol stoner mind, sorry my mistake. Yes that is the formula for bloom, and you should start using it with your next watering. Normally I would start at the first day of 12/12. As you have probably already read the alg-a-mic is optional, but if you can get it use it. It does improve the smell and taste of the finished product. That isn't to say that the smell and taste isn't excellent without it, but it does make small but definitely noticable improvement. Also seems to increase a plants ability to shrug off heat and other stresses. The fish mix is still interchangable with the grow at the same rates. You may find that 6ml per gal of the the grow or fish mix is enough to keep your ladies happy, but don't adjust the bloom levels. Again this just depends on your enviroment and soil mix. When growing in soil I usually give plain ph adjusted water for the last 3 weeks prior to harvest. The reason for doing this is explained in the "ask lucas" thread on another site. I forget which, but a google search will find it for you. It's a long thread, but packed with good information. I don't agree with everything lucas says, but most of it is on point. At any rate the short version is that when growing in soil/less media nutes build up over the course of the grow. By giving just ph adjusted water for the last 2-3 weeks (I prefer 3), your plant will use up these nutes and if timed right will be totally yellow by harvest. If enviroment is dialed plant leaves will turn colors like outside trees do in fall. A good hydro grower accomplishs the same thing by slowly lowering nute concentration in the water over the course of the last week or two. As there is no media to collect nutes in hydro, the method has to be altered slightly to the same end result. Feel free to put this in your thread if you desire

Other than that keep it green and stay safe:wave:

Mister_D

Veteran
Earthworms :laughing:, ok that makes alot more sense. Those are always good to have in the soil ;). With the added compost and bone meal in your soil, i'd recommend starting with 6ml grow or fish mix and 12ml bloom. I doubt the added P from the bone meal will be a problem as biobizz has so little. However in the future you may consider not adding bone, it isn't needed with the biobizz when using the recipe given. It might be helpfull though too, so experimenting is worth while. I can only say what has worked for me, other growers I know, and a few growers i've met on the web that figured out the same basic recipe on their own. However if you are like me, you'll probably want to play with different combinations of nutes just because. Yield and quality is the highest i've ever seen in my own garden with 6-9ml grow/fish + 9ml alg-a-mic for veg and 6-9ml grow/fish +12ml bloom + 9ml alg-a-mic for bloom. I used a 60/40 coco/perlite base with ~30% compost/wormcastings added to that. With the added compost/worm castings I used 6ml grow/fish, without the compost/wormcastings I used 9ml grow/fish. That amount you use is based on the nute content of your compost, starting at 6ml and upping to 9ml if your plants are showing hunger is a good plan of action. Plants are looking good buddy, but get them on them bloom asap. I'll be watching......

sgapetti

Veteran
Earthworms :laughing:, ok that makes alot more sense. Those are always good to have in the soil ;). With the added compost and bone meal in your soil, i'd recommend starting with 6ml grow or fish mix and 12ml bloom. I doubt the added P from the bone meal will be a problem as biobizz has so little. However in the future you may consider not adding bone, it isn't needed with the biobizz when using the recipe given. It might be helpfull though too, so experimenting is worth while. I can only say what has worked for me, other growers I know, and a few growers i've met on the web that figured out the same basic recipe on their own. However if you are like me, you'll probably want to play with different combinations of nutes just because. Yield and quality is the highest i've ever seen in my own garden with 6-9ml grow/fish + 9ml alg-a-mic for veg and 6-9ml grow/fish +12ml bloom + 9ml alg-a-mic for bloom. I used a 60/40 coco/perlite base with ~30% compost/wormcastings added to that. With the added compost/worm castings I used 6ml grow/fish, without the compost/wormcastings I used 9ml grow/fish. That amount you use is based on the nute content of your compost, starting at 6ml and upping to 9ml if your plants are showing hunger is a good plan of action. Plants are looking good buddy, but get them on them bloom asap. I'll be watching......

The eartworms are a nice addition , they will go back to the compost after harvest.
I write almost daily in 3 different languages, sometimes i get it wrong:laughing: I added just some bone meal for calcium as well and epson salt ( magnesium ) for the C99 BX1 , she needs it true the entire grow. I am going true lots of c99bx1 grows searching for info atm . I am hitting them with the bloom formula from tomorrow as I am watering every other day atm. I have been adding some seaweed tea 2 times ,home made. The final soil as kelp powder in it, but i will be getting some alg o mix for the next run . I was hoping to get a nice c99bx1 male but the 2 most vigorous c99 are females, the smallest one is to slow atm, we will see if i find a nice one in the Mandala#1 ( sativa pheno ) or Sam the skunkman freebie/Mandala#1. Off course with such a little cab i want the highest quality and quantity i can get, , but mainly I want to grow beautiful plants.Always nice to know you keep a eye on me, i really appreciate it my friend:thank you: and happy growing to you.

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
If you can grow beautiful plants, the quality and quantity will follow. Keep up the nice work

Latest posts

Latest posts