What's new

Sgapetti 1,2 sqf cab, 120w cfl, test run

Real excited to see these come down man!! Could you tell me a bit more about why you are leaving them in dark for 48 hrs? I have read about chopping in the night cycle...why is that?

sgapetti

Veteran
day 71 of 12/12 , day 75 from seed

day 71 of 12/12 , day 75 from seed

picture.php

last pic before chop

picture.php

back

picture.php

front

picture.php

From left : 3 C99 and STS/Mandala#1

picture.php

From left : 3 Mandala#1 F2 and the Nirvana NL

picture.php

This is left for seed maturation: 2 c99 front, sts/Mandala#1 back left and the NL back right

Next up dry weight and smoke report after 4 weeks for drying and some curing.
Keep it green :wave:

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
Yo sgap. whats up??.. chop ya down...enjoyed bro!!..
should 4 week is good time untill dry...but sure you wait all this time for smoke??..i no you for xmas at 12 days left you do a little bong session ehh...
anyway can't wait for some dry shot and report, happy xmas lol !!!

ps: i think this evening or tomorrow i chop both of auto's ( chronic ryder & auto AK ), like this i smoke some shit for xmas lol, if i dont chop some i dont smoke some ahhhh grrrrrr...i no is little early but both auto's look much more ripe then all other strain..what ya think i make sacrilege if i chop only 2 auto's??..

pps: just for explain the situation..Lol
" kw31's "= " i caring for my self"..
" kw31's monkey "= " please ..please cut some shit for xmas"

sgapetti

Veteran
Yo sgap. whats up??.. chop ya down...enjoyed bro!!..
should 4 week is good time untill dry...but sure you wait all this time for smoke??..i no you for xmas at 12 days left you do a little bong session ehh...
anyway can't wait for some dry shot and report, happy xmas lol !!!

ps: i think this evening or tomorrow i chop both of auto's ( chronic ryder & auto AK ), like this i smoke some shit for xmas lol, if i dont chop some i dont smoke some ahhhh grrrrrr...i no is little early but both auto's look much more ripe then all other strain..what ya think i make sacrilege if i chop only 2 auto's??..

pps: just for explain the situation..Lol
" kw31's "= " i caring for my self"..
" kw31's monkey "= " please ..please cut some shit for xmas"

I don' t know really, if jars are empty :wallbash: cut only one top , the chronic, to start with, wait few more days and cut the auto ak top , in this way you get some smoke to christmas and let what is left of the auto mature to the end as usual. My jars are full :moon:from last grow, i can wait for the the c99 and the rest to dry and cure before tasting
merryxmas to you as well, my ganja brother,:wave:

sgapetti

Veteran
they are at about 70% RH atm, dryng slowly to 64% rh, then the curing process start in zip lock bags.:wave:

Mister_D

Veteran
they are at about 70% RH atm, dryng slowly to 64% rh, then the curing process start in zip lock bags.:wave:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo don't put them in zip locks. The static charge will literally suck many of the trichromes off your buds. Get some mason jars (glass jars used for canning food, not sure if they are called mason jars over there) or anything that is glass and seals. These are the best for curing. zip locks for sales only bro, trust me on this one. You can use acetone or iso to extract any left over trichs for oil in the glass jar too, if you were so inclined. Looking forward to the smoke report too hint hint ;) :laughing:

sgapetti

Veteran
For the drying and initial stage of curing i do have jars,for the long term sealed curing i was planing to put 3 or 4 grams each in small zip lock bags for consumption. I do not like to take directly from the jars when smoking as this will dry out the buds and the curing will stop.I do have small hard plastic container that will take the same amount as the small zip locks bag, i will check those out. Smoke report after 2 weeks of curing:santa1:

sgapetti

Veteran
smoke report

smoke report

As promis I am back with the smoke report and final words about this test run. I am pleased with the results and I am going to dial in some genetics in a vertical setup here
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=228272
The smoke report is based on a week sampling, at evening with no stress , using a pipe. Is been drying for 1 week and initial curing of 3 weeks. Personally I prefer the buds after 2 months of sealed curing, but I all try to describe the test and smell.
The final weight is about 44 grams, but with a lot of seeds, it looks like 35 grams to me.
Nirvana Northern Light

weight 7 grams

relative humidity 62%

Tricomes maturation 10% amber 30% clear and the rest cloudy
effect : mind/body 60/40

potency : 7 of 10 , could have gone longer to obtain a more relaxing stone and maybe more potent, but I prefer a heady high .

test : very light and smooth, a indescribable fruity incense test,some sweetness.

Aroma : when I open the jar it smells very fresh, herbal.

Bag appeal: Looks ok to me. airy/tight buds.

the phenotype: hybrid , more on the sativa side, not really sure, first time.

the high: Directly after a few hits you feel some dryness in your mouth, I am clear in my head but relaxed on the same time
Then after maybe 2 hours a few more hits, same story as above, but the heady high is there again overpowering the relaxing stone
I guess a good day time smoke .

Will grow her again, not sure if grown to full maturation, she was in the darkest spot in the cab.Easy to grow, good side branching and good producer compared to the rest.

Mosca C99BX1

weight 17 grams

relative humidity 62%

Tricomes maturation 20% amber 10% clear and the rest cloudy

potency : 9 of 10 , She hits you on the spot, easy to manage in SMALL amount

effect : mind/body 100/0

test : dense and smooth , I actually tested some tropical fruit

aroma : pineapple , tropical fruit , very fresh with some dankness

Bag appeal: Looks good to me. Tights rock hard , heavy feeling buds

the high : after 2 generous hits I start moving , very energetic up high that keeps going ,forget about sleeping , you feel greater then life. Very social but I have to concentrate for not talking or laughing to much. Very clear high, you see everything and you hear everything. I am mentally relaxed, no anxiety or raciness in small doses, very powerful. Functional high in the meaning you can do everything as usual, but faster. After a couple of hour few more hits and the same as above, it just keeps you going.

This is head stash quality to me, very pleased , she will always have a spot in my cab. Good producer , nice side branches development and easy to grow . Not smell in veg , light pineapple / tropical fruit scent the last 3 weeks.

Thanks for all the suggestion and interest in my grow, i could not have done without it.:wave:
Keep it green and stay safe

Latest posts

Latest posts