What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SFV OG Kush

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Does anyone know what the purple sfv is like in comparison to the original,, i got this cut called purple sfv and its apparently a large s1 seed selection and it's got an edge on the original sfv,,, any thoughts or is it unknown to you og's

Booyah!

I'm under the impression that purple bud kinda blows. I can't imagine it being better than it's Limey Green counterpart.. OG isnt purple so I always get confused as why there has been so many breeding projects with that being a selection criterion. Sounds like something bred outside of SoCal. Ive never heard of it.

JetLife175

Veteran
Does anyone know what the purple sfv is like in comparison to the original,, i got this cut called purple sfv and its apparently a large s1 seed selection and it's got an edge on the original sfv,,, any thoughts or is it unknown to you og's

Not sure if it’s the same but there was A cut out of the Santa Barbara area called purple OG or OG purple depending on who you talked to. Never saw it much. I believe it was just a purple kush rename but can’t be certain. Wasn’t that potent if I remember correctly.

indagroove

Veteran
I grew a cut of the Purple Alien OG once, from Midnight Farms (not sure what happened to them), and it was great. I'd love to get that cut again.

Purple Alien OG was created after crossing a male of Alien Kush with the heavy effects of Tahoe OG. Known for having beautiful dark purple leaves and being covered in trichomes, Purple Alien OG produces thick cone-shaped buds. Tones of pine, earth, and citrus combine to create a pungent flavor with powerful relaxing effects that are often recommended to those with symptoms of insomnia, nausea, and chronic pain.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
My favourite strain all time probably, but damn 2 bills is a bit to steep for me. I've having to drop about 250$ on a dehumidifier. Besides I've got that San Fernando Lemon Kush mom I'm taking clones of now. That's a nice lemon Sfv taste, the buds and purple coloring must come from Kosher Kush??? I dunno it's a damn good plant I was able to clone and grow. I'd still like to see how far off from Capt Crip, Swerve whoever first dropped those SFV

JetLife175

Veteran
When you guys are talking about “Purple OGs” are we talking actual flower/calyx or just the leaves/stem?

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I've got a San Fernando Lemon Kush mom that turned a lil purple. It's SFV x Kosher......back in the day I never had any purple coloring on sfv. But that was 10yrs ago, a lot can go on lol. I'm not a purple strain guy, but the buds are great, they don't purple up it's mainly the leaves. It was cold also on that last run, maybe not as much the strain. I've just not ran the Kosher, figured it may carry a little.

Mohadib

Veteran
I've got a San Fernando Lemon Kush mom that turned a lil purple. It's SFV x Kosher......back in the day I never had any purple coloring on sfv. But that was 10yrs ago, a lot can go on lol. I'm not a purple strain guy, but the buds are great, they don't purple up it's mainly the leaves. It was cold also on that last run, maybe not as much the strain. I've just not ran the Kosher, figured it may carry a little.

Even though the 'original' OG cuts normally don't purple (although you can find legit pictures of the Josh D cut as well as TK with slightly purple leaves), their offspring often does. The HA OG cut for example, that Karma's Biker Kush line is based on, doesn't purple itself, but regularly spits out purple phenos in it's offspring. So it's not necessarily a Kosher trait...

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea I ran some of the first sfv to ever be available in seeds and didn't ever really find any purple. I'm cloning the heck outta my SLK. Im gonna do a entire run. Then I may try a few different breeders kush. I've got a Biker x SFV from a friend that killer weed, I just need to find a keeper. I like the Tahoe OG too, man getting my mind thinking

JetLife175

Veteran
Even though the 'original' OG cuts normally don't purple (although you can find legit pictures of the Josh D cut as well as TK with slightly purple leaves), their offspring often does. The HA OG cut for example, that Karma's Biker Kush line is based on, doesn't purple itself, but regularly spits out purple phenos in it's offspring. So it's not necessarily a Kosher trait...

I have a photo posted in a few thread where in the background you can see the purpling of leaves on the Josh d. It’s always done that during the winter runs since I got her. She also needs to be dialed.

Mohadib

Veteran
I have a photo posted in a few thread where in the background you can see the purpling of leaves on the Josh d. It’s always done that during the winter runs since I got her. She also needs to be dialed.

Well, that's good to know. I've only seen very few pics of purpling OG's (at least of legit ones - there's many pictures of very purple "OGs" that certainly ain't legit).

Have you ever seen an SFV cut turning purple?

indagroove

Veteran
Yeah that’s not a proper OG then. It just doesn’t happen. No purpling on any of the buds.

I was speaking of a hybrid OG, specifically Purple Alien OG (SFV x Alien OG).

Alien OG = Tahoe OG Kush x Alien Kush (Las Vegas Purple Kush x Alien Technology)

mexweed

Veteran
I've had some larry that had random calyxes with slight violet tinge but not what I would call 'purp'

there is god's gift the gdp og, and there is probably a purple kush og

I know of cherry og by emerald triangle, cherry thai/afghanXlost coast og

JetLife175

Veteran
Are any of you guys familiar with Cherry OG, tried it or know it’s make up?
Cheers

The one I had was a cherry pie x OG cross.

Had intersex issues I could never suss out so it got dumped after a few runs. Good smoke though, just not very stable.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Well, that's good to know. I've only seen very few pics of purpling OG's (at least of legit ones - there's many pictures of very purple "OGs" that certainly ain't legit).

Have you ever seen an SFV cut turning purple?

My San Fernando Lemon Kush mom from Sweet Seeds turned a little purple. There direct from Sweet Seeds distributors. It's a SFV x Kosher. Now I ran a lot of the first sfv swerve and everyone had and never had any purple back then. Now I'm glad I kept a clone of her, she's covered in frost and pretty strong. I love SFV OGs

Latest posts

Latest posts