What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SFV OG Kush

mexweed

Veteran
I have tasted the blackberry in HA every time I have had it, even in the pheno of the three way josh d I had, it's not the nirvana blackberry it's some old school norcal afghani I think

LostTribe

Premium user
I guess if I want Lemon Pinesol I'm gonna have to get a lab and TC kit to get these old Sour OG f2's to germ. The f3's I made were very different, the male I used threw this burnt strike anywhere match smell all over everything.

Sour OG f2's are From the first Cali Conn release of Sour OG with the first male that people bitched about throwing hermie traits. I didn't see any hermie traits in my pack. The f2's gave me everything from AJ to Chem to straight Valley. They re old and will crack but not enough juice left in the tanks to make it above ground. Worth the price of a TC kit. I have about a hundred left.

Mohadib

Veteran
I have tasted the blackberry in HA every time I have had it, even in the pheno of the three way josh d I had, it's not the nirvana blackberry it's some old school norcal afghani I think

Interesting, as all of the ones I've smoked smelled and tasted pretty much like straight OG, of course with some phenotypical differences. Since I have no experience with Blackberry, I cannot identify it in the taste. However, the Josh D OGs I've grown and smoked didn't taste very similar to the Bikers I've had.
Can you describe the taste of the "Blackberry" you detect in the Biker and Josh!?

I'd be pretty surprised if there was in fact Blackberry in the HA OG, as I'm pretty sure Karma is very familiar with many of the OG's, so I tend to believe his verdict on that matter. But who knows!? My own experience with original OGs is very limited as I've only smoked dried flowers and never handled a living plant. But from what I know, especially the Biker Kush is VERY close to what I consider OGs to smell and taste like.

I guess if I want Lemon Pinesol I'm gonna have to get a lab and TC kit to get these old Sour OG f2's to germ. The f3's I made were very different, the male I used threw this burnt strike anywhere match smell all over everything.

Sour OG f2's are From the first Cali Conn release of Sour OG with the first male that people bitched about throwing hermie traits. I didn't see any hermie traits in my pack. The f2's gave me everything from AJ to Chem to straight Valley. They re old and will crack but not enough juice left in the tanks to make it above ground. Worth the price of a TC kit. I have about a hundred left.

Do you have any more Biker seeds to try or was it just the two?
As I said above, the phenos I've grown and/or came across were all quite similar. Especially the very first plant I've grown and still have is straight gas / Pinesol / lemon / mineral earth - so it's definitely in there :)

mexweed

Veteran
I have only had HA one time where it was straight gassy OG, the other times it had this softer edge to it that was kind of sweet floral, not like blueberry but more like flo when it has the violet tinges, it didn't dominate by any means, like with the josh d the 91 flavor was what I noticed first, I had a strain called easy dog shortly after the josh d which I haven't been able to find any info on but was real similar to the josh d flavor wise, 91 with just a touch of purp/berry

I have seen old school afghanis like the 76 emerald triangle uses described as deep berry many times, who knows it could have started as a pure OG cut and got worked with an afghani at some point just like the cali connection sfv, if for no other reason to have a male to work with

mexweed

Veteran
OG cuts are pretty old so it's not suprising if they get worked with something at some point and then bx to the original cut

LostTribe

Premium user
Interesting, as all of the ones I've smoked smelled and tasted pretty much like straight OG, of course with some phenotypical differences. Since I have no experience with Blackberry, I cannot identify it in the taste. However, the Josh D OGs I've grown and smoked didn't taste very similar to the Bikers I've had.
Can you describe the taste of the "Blackberry" you detect in the Biker and Josh!?

I'd be pretty surprised if there was in fact Blackberry in the HA OG, as I'm pretty sure Karma is very familiar with many of the OG's, so I tend to believe his verdict on that matter. But who knows!? My own experience with original OGs is very limited as I've only smoked dried flowers and never handled a living plant. But from what I know, especially the Biker Kush is VERY close to what I consider OGs to smell and taste like.

Do you have any more Biker seeds to try or was it just the two?
As I said above, the phenos I've grown and/or came across were all quite similar. Especially the very first plant I've grown and still have is straight gas / Pinesol / lemon / mineral earth - so it's definitely in there :)

Still have half a pack of regs. 2/4 cracked. The runt I didn't clone was like an oily gas with sort of a bug killer taste. The one that went purple had fairly skinny leaves, didn't yield much but was nice and coated with a light fruity taste with a slight gas on the back end.

Not knocking KG's gear by any means just everyone hyping the gear without a lot of pics and smoke reports sort of over hyped it for me. I do like the purple one but just not sure I will run it again but its 1/2 seed starts so obviously not representative of running a pack or so.

Best
LT

Mohadib

Veteran
Still have half a pack of regs. 2/4 cracked. The runt I didn't clone was like an oily gas with sort of a bug killer taste. The one that went purple had fairly skinny leaves, didn't yield much but was nice and coated with a light fruity taste with a slight gas on the back end.

Not knocking KG's gear by any means just everyone hyping the gear without a lot of pics and smoke reports sort of over hyped it for me. I do like the purple one but just not sure I will run it again but its 1/2 seed starts so obviously not representative of running a pack or so.

Best
LT

Well, it's certainly annoying not to get what you expect, so I understand your disappointment, especially since everyone else raves a about it. Personally, I think Karma's gear is pretty well documented - at least here on IC. However, I think the fact that so many people are so positive about Karma's stuff does have an distorting effect on the way people conceive the not-so-great plants that pop up from time to time. Maybe that adds to your impression of things being over-hyped!? :)

highsteppa

Veteran
There must be 2 cuts same name. I had a HA og and it was noticeably different than the other classic og’s I’ve grown. I assumed it was the blackberry one and thought it was really nice smoke. More up effect and had some fruit flavors and not really gassy. Still shaped like og but better yield.

mexweed

Veteran
I had some soil HA from the place where I also had some king louis from, very different bud structures, louis was a softer lemon and the HA more gassy, but it still had noticeable blackberry, it was almost a bit soapy like lavender, they both aren't the best OG I've had, the best OG I've had didn't have a cut name it was just OG kush, it had a lot more garlicy funk to it, it was like the best chemdog I've had with some nuances reminiscent of some really really good garlic onion body odor funk hindu kush I had once that was allegedly early 80's sensi stock

Booyah!

I've had a couple decent batches of HA. One was particularly good, but still not better than the best King Louis I've had. Was the King Louis from the SFV anyways? Seems like the SFV but with more pine.

theJointedOne

Veteran
I've had a couple decent batches of HA. One was particularly good, but still not better than the best King Louis I've had. Was the King Louis from the SFV anyways? Seems like the SFV but with more pine.

i love the king louis, hope to find her someday

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dam I'm desperately in need of the ultimate kush,, never had Louis or the ha,,, I've just got a cut locally called ledgend og,, i was told its imported from the USA,, the cut looks like it has a fair amount of vigor,, i could aware its a herrijuama cross with og,, it's got a "greenbud" look to it

Fingers crossed it is what it's supposed to be,, ie authentic

indagroove

Veteran
Dam I'm desperately in need of the ultimate kush,, never had Louis or the ha,,, I've just got a cut locally called ledgend og,, i was told its imported from the USA,, the cut looks like it has a fair amount of vigor,, i could aware its a herrijuama cross with og,, it's got a "greenbud" look to it

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2zBy9MBtYR/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bc70uUwFHpX/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcvvV0pllya/

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/pcglegend/

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran

There are two pure OGK cuts imo. SFV and TK/Legend which we simply called OGK. If it isn't super fuckin floppys stems to the point you question keeping it around and it reeks of pinesol, sweet sweet lemon zest, and a deep smell I can only describe as kush/gas it isn't the real deal. Big calyxes too. You will have 0 questions when chopping it if it is real. You will be wanting a gas mask after a plant or two.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm growing so bloody well atm I'm makin huge leafs,, it's not flopy,, makes me think my crincle cut is not authentic,, always the same in the UK,, always fake cali cuts