What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SFV OG Kush

Dankwolf

I ran the fire cut but is was super finicky and had no vigour. I culled it mainly cuase it did not fit in to may mainly sativa strians . I wish they had a good clone only place in oregon . slim picking in my area lol

JetLife175

Veteran
By the way for those searching for a proper OG cut... SFV isn’t the route to go. There are so many imposters and fakes when it comes to sfv that it’s more likely to get a legit cutting of another one of the early
OGs.

Frank, wish you the best of luck with those beans. There’s gonna be some heavy hitters in them from my experience. You just gotta watch out for the “Faux-G” phenos haha. The ones that look like the complete package and once they are ready to smoke it’s a complete “WTF is this” moment. Hahaha.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've heard of those. LOL.

Same thing happens in the _____ x TCPK fem lines from what I understand. It's why I'm REALLY crossing my fingers on that Sis/PK to smoke right.

dank.Frank

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wouldn't be steering people away from imo the best OGK cut hands down because there are so many fakes. It is that way with everything.

If your SFV cut doesnt smell like the most insane pinesol, gasoline, lemonzest and coat your mouth on inhale and exhale of pure sweet lemon flavor then your cut is bunk. If your eyes arent watering trimming it 20 minutes in you either screwed the grow badly or your cut is bunk. Tahoe, TK/legend, all super fire but SFV hits all the ogk flavor and smell boxes, but stronger in all categories except earthiness.

I would fuckin love to have that again. You will never forget it, so those looking don't give up a lot of people out there have it just need to find someone willing to share.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Defo seems like a 91 x some afghani cross phenomenon to me.. the parent could have been some asian hash plant or my guess would be theres some old world hashplantXsativa(thai?) cross on one side and chem on the other.. idk.. my fav weed still basically and close relative bk.. shes a good breeder as well.

Im looking forward to sha's sfv bx3 beans..

JetLife175

Veteran
I wouldn't be steering people away from imo the best OGK cut hands down because there are so many fakes. It is that way with everything.

If your SFV cut doesnt smell like the most insane pinesol, gasoline, lemonzest and coat your mouth on inhale and exhale of pure sweet lemon flavor then your cut is bunk. If your eyes arent watering trimming it 20 minutes in you either screwed the grow badly or your cut is bunk. Tahoe, TK/legend, all super fire but SFV hits all the ogk flavor and smell boxes, but stronger in all categories except earthiness.

I would fuckin love to have that again. You will never forget it, so those looking don't give up a lot of people out there have it just need to find someone willing to share.

And this is my point exactly. How long have you been looking for it again? How many have you gone through? The SFV label is used and abused. Not trying to say that you’re wrong at all. You are actually 100% right. But so am I....

If someone wanted a classic OG cut to see what it was all about I would steer anyone clear of getting SFV. There not just two cut circulating as SFV but 100’s if not THOUSANDS. If you want to play those odds then go right ahead.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, I agree no ones wrong just sayin the best is worth it and I would encourage anyone rather than discourage. I have not bothered looking in 5 years, but on the boards back then when I was active, it was quite easy to get the real deal if you had been around awhile. TBH someone a few months ago sent me a list of almost 80 elites and someone offered me a legit Malibu PK cut as I could tell the second I saw it. If malibu is out there, SFV is out there ten fold. Tons of people with amazing connections out there these days.

I have a hard time believing finding a pure SFV would be hard on this board much less the 2 other popular ones these days. Shit is so out in the open now. I don't ask right now or accept unless I can drive and meet as I don't have a 100% safe addy now. If I bag one from a buddy of mine in FL again I will send it far and wide.

It's a very easy og cut to verify though folks the buds are distinct in the og realm and so is the damn smell and flavor. Extra super floppy too silica or not. If it is not described like I have here and in last post its not it. My description is succinct and spot on.

Cannavore

Veteran
The one that comes from Scott is legit i believe.

There are also a ton of Pure Kush cuts floating around. It's a huge fuckin mess.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah his is 100% real deal. So is EVERYTHING from csi. Archive also has 100% legit cuts but gl getting Archive to hand anything.

With all the TK s1's I am sitting on and others, I would expect some very fuckin nice pure OGK cuts to come popping up as well. Especially on the East Coast.

herbgreen

Veteran
Just read their description but still not sure exactly what it is used in the BX ?

cannaventure came out with nice LVTK OG - SFV OG clone x LVTK (lemon skunk clone x TK)

Zomboy

Veteran
Just read their description but still not sure exactly what it is used in the BX ?

cannaventure came out with nice LVTK OG - SFV OG clone x LVTK (lemon skunk clone x TK)

He used a jacks cleaner 2 male for the original outcross

Earlmarne

I have a bunch of lbl crosses. I need to start popping those. Freakin awesome plants in the deadhead x lbl. I wonder if what I was seeing in them was the sfv influence.
Wish I had the experience you guys have with these different bad ass cuts. Always scared Im culling something amazing.
My best lbl x plants had like a super fresh celery smell that turned more pungent as time went on.

Zomboy

Veteran
that would be Loran's Long Bottom Leaf - ie SFV x Jack Cleaner 2 - correct?

dank.Frank

“i used a jacks cleaner 2 male that my buddy Loran gave me”

Direct quote from his IG. Not sure if he used the Long Bottom Leaf or the same male in the cross but i’d bet thats the same Loran lol

Edit: it would make sense that he used long bottom leaf but the way he worded it makes it seem like he just used the jacks cleaner male

Latest posts

Latest posts