What's new

SFV OG Kush

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
The guy here explaining SFV OG is awesome. There is even a video with Loompa Farms. You can detect a shared passion for "OG" strains. I think he says it yields well and comprises most of bulk sales/demand overall.

San Fernando Valley OG Kush genetic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJkv3fSeSvg

That's the rev here on the forums. He recently posted in this thread.....

That's Kevin Jodrey in the video, not the rev, his ICmag handle is 30 years.

He owns the biggest clone nursery in Humbolt, Wonderland.

He's one of the brightest people in cannabis and there are several YouTube sites that have many video lectures of him over the years.

Shango los has a bunch of vids https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=btKct7wOnLw

Future cannabis project has many vids also https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FfedBhWXPTQ

One of his projects is called the Ganjier https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6DxFq5lROGY

Jorge Cervantes has many vids on his clone op. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f-uWnV0hA8c&has_verified=1

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm still convinced the cut I want, 30 Years has at his nursery. I want that PK from Wonderland. Been wanting her for years now. That's one cut that never made it east some how.

The Phylos Galaxy holds some interesting tid bits when it comes to what is related to what. For example, Rob Clarke entered a plant simply called "Ghani" and it is directly related to both Bubba and OG. Chem '91 is related to OG. Clarke also entered a "Thailand" that falls directly into the OG303 cluster, where all the legit OG cuts are. Josh D's cut. Nspecta entered TK, etc.

If what everyone says about Ghost being the same as Josh D, just relabeled, the Ghost x Bubba seeds made by Nspecta, are probably some of the most interesting available.

The "Asian Kush" that Krunchbubble handed out, that later got dubbed SFV OG and is run by some folks in Vegas circles, is probably the best "version" of SFV I know of.

dank.Frank

a lot of the og kushes are just relabeled I think not all but some.
that and people finding a seed here and there in bags of good og kush you know finding a better or at least different pheno.
I know after orgnkid had a release of I believe s1. bam you started to see a lot of og this og that popping up.
also I don't know if true but I'm sure more then a few of us have heard that swerve just up and made up the names sfv og & Tahoe og is this fact? I have no idea its just how confusing this rabbit hole gets.
also I recently seen on another forum. and I'm not trying to sling mud or get anyone slamming me.
cuz I think this guy i'm about to mention is a top breeder & i've grown a good amount of his gear and really liked it. i dont have it in my garden anymore but thats for no other reason than i run out of room for mothers and have to make cuts sometimes and sometimes you wish youd hung on to certain ones it happens.

anyway this isnt coming direct from me another guy posted it on a forum and i dont know if its true.

but he cliams that in an interview on IG ogr said out of his own mouth that he got a clone from florida. and it was the best thing in his garden so he just renamed it fire og.

now if that was to just keep track of the crosses & seeds he made with this plant ok. but it is a little misleading when ogr answers questions on his breeder forum threads and gives the impression that the fire og is a seperate pheno or different og when he knows its not.

again take with a grain of salt i didnt hear this interview my self. i'm just showing how confusing it is to say with certiany how most any of these og kushes came to be. and how easy it is to throw shit in the game if anyone wanted to.

Mengsk

There are about 300 million people in the US. Weed has been growing everywhere not only on one coast or in one region. How many people know California weed a lot. What are the exact numbers I am not sure. So many stories about where it came from like Florida, Indiana, Ohio, New York etc. Which may be true, on a personal historical level, it's all fine to me to read about. Weed grows a lot in the northern California mountains. I need to try some non-OG varieties to have a real comparison. Where I have lived OG meant Ocean Grown. It is also given as a designation for Organically Grown as in more expensive seeds which were grown without fertilizers or pesticides. Those are the two definitions of OG that I am familiar with. Or if you want to reference the one about gangster. But I have not heard Original Grower until just reading it here. If this is the case mostly all growing the same genetic relatives, then how long has that been the case for the last 10-15 years or longer? Many growers use the high yield examples because of the need to make a profit. High yield quick finish has been and continues to be what the commercial market chooses and selects for every single time. You hear breeders talk about a bottleneck in genetics. After a bottleneck (like an hourglass) you get all the same thing. Continuing to pursue what comes after a bottleneck is an option, many differences will appear within that population. If Phylos has them listed close to one another then that means the most popular or best varieties are also the most common. The top can't be the most. Or the most can't be the best. The best has to be the rare one or the one with less. Agreed? Put another way if most of the product available is all related to OG then it doesn't matter how good any of them are as none are tropical haze or functional daytime weed. It is couch lock hybrid only. And the seed giveaways seem to be largely similar which doesn't help. There is something philosophical here about direction or setting the bar for improvement. Good reasons to look for something else to try. We have a phenomenon where every crop, which may be highly related to most other crops, is considered the most valuable or best vintage in existence. That sounds principally similar to a monopoly. The strain may be great but you are not really able to tell how good it is without having 19-20 distant relatives to compare it with. If all you have is more of the same true comparison becomes difficult.

Last edited:

Storm Shadow

Veteran
The Tahoe OG from Progressive Options was my favorite cut and since the Broad Mite break out from back in 2012... I never saw her again.... Amazing cut

JetLife175

Veteran
I never said OG literally stood for Original Growers.

you would have had to have lived here in LA during the time to understand it. We would call classic or original things "The OG". As in "that's the OG homie" as in we go back to day one. they used it as kind of a "yeah you may have a bag of kush but do you have the OG kush?" It was the 90s and it was the wild West for weed. the shit I first smoked in the 90s actually came to me as "The OGers" in like 97 or early 98. 300 for a half ounce. It's lived under many names but there's only one true plant albeit some of these other renowned og cuts gets some shine they are not the complete package. There's always something missing. It's why I don't take too much credit to the people not understanding what OG truly is. Because most haven't had the chance to get a crack at the cut that started it all.

JetLife175

Veteran
but he cliams that in an interview on IG ogr said out of his own mouth that he got a clone from florida. and it was the best thing in his garden so he just renamed it fire og.

now if that was to just keep track of the crosses & seeds he made with this plant ok. but it is a little misleading when ogr answers questions on his breeder forum threads and gives the impression that the fire og is a seperate pheno or different og when he knows its not.

again take with a grain of salt i didnt hear this interview my self. i'm just showing how confusing it is to say with certiany how most any of these og kushes came to be. and how easy it is to throw shit in the game if anyone wanted to.

I've heard OgKushman state that raskal got his cut from his boys back in the day. But I guess it's who you want to believe. raskal was on the forums long ago during the early days of og online. I'm more inclined to believe he got his cut in town in LA or from one of the early players. And just knowing what I know about the different circles in LA I'm leaning towards the fact that kushmans boys let the cut go to raskal.... Those two circles were closer than any others would be. Especially back then...

Wendull C.

Veteran
All the Og meant back then is you were being brought the real og kush.

Not bubba, not Martian candy, ect. It was only to say you had real og.

Hell when I got my cut, it was labeled kush. Not OG kush.

The origin story Jetlife posted a page or two back is as close as I have ever seen anyone get without giving away too much. That grass valley story always made me chuckle.

JetLife175

Veteran
All the Og meant back then is you were being brought the real og kush.

Not bubba, not Martian candy, ect. It was only to say you had real og.

Hell when I got my cut, it was labeled kush. Not OG kush.

The origin story Jetlife posted a page or two back is as close as I have ever seen anyone get without giving away too much. That grass valley story always made me chuckle.

Thank you! I'm trying to be respectful of people, exact locations etc as I know some of the ones involved. when I finally acquired it Josh simply handed it over as "The kush, the OG, whatever you wanna call it" is what he said. It was about 8-9 years from when I first smoked it to sitting in a room with the cut in front of me. I chased that dragon for a looooong time haha. Once I thought I wouldn't find it life took a turn and there she was. I'll always be happy I fell flat on my ass back then or else I wouldn't have met Josh through a mutual friend!!! Since then she's treated me well...

Jet so is the josh og the original or as close to the original og as you think can be had?

I’ve never had the luxury of having cool folks gift me any elite clone onlys.
That’s way I sometimes go for S1s that’s as close as I’m ever going to get lol.
I seen some wed cake S1s among othets about to be released on a site i’am considering giving them a go.
Great info in this thread though I’m going to go start from the beginning & give it all a read thx for the info

JetLife175

Veteran
Jet so is the josh og the original or as close to the original og as you think can be had?

I’ve never had the luxury of having cool folks gift me any elite clone onlys.
That’s way I sometimes go for S1s that’s as close as I’m ever going to get lol.
I seen some wed cake S1s among othets about to be released on a site i’am considering giving them a go.
Great info in this thread though I’m going to go start from the beginning & give it all a read thx for the info

It.is the original. The one that started it all.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
It.is the original. The one that started it all.

as already stated bro og kush is an s1 pheno of chem91/skunkva this has been covered in the ecsd thread..

also if the chem91/skunkva was selfed how many more og's would she spawn... not to mention og kush backcross chem91?

chem91 / skunkva ...

WVLk1Eb.jpg

f230Am4.jpg

JetLife175

Veteran
as already stated bro og kush is an s1 pheno of chem91/skunkva this has been covered in the ecsd thread..

also if the chem91/skunkva was selfed how many more og's would she spawn... not to mention og kush backcross chem91?

show me definitive proof the 91chem was in Miami in 1992/3 and I'll believe it for sure. Just because.some heads spoke about it in the ecsd thread years ago before any info came out from the original players does not mean it's gospel.... We spent years speculating on forums as to what it is....

The s1 from the 91 got popular when I believe H&L posted that the tahoe was a s1 of it in his chemdawg101 thread. It's gained traction ever since.

Not here to ruin anyones day or ruin their romantic version of a particular fond cut.... I've just been following this story extremely.closely for years and have seen it unfold in front of my eyes in real.life and on the forums

EDIT= IF anything if you really want a pick it apart it's more likely to be a descendant of the TK as opposed to the 91. TK floated around Florida for some time and a few credible people like cornbread ricky stated that it's been around since the late 80s at least, triangle kush that is....

Last edited:

Mengsk

Similarities in traits might give a clue or look familiar while not being the real original cut. In more than one modern hybrid I have noticed a 'big' look where the calyxs get large. Other plants do not have that trait and the calyxs are smaller for denser buds with good resin. I can see both traits in plants I have here.

Latest posts

Latest posts