What's new

Setting up my small SOG hybrid LED/HID tent

Desert Hydro

Veteran
night time shots. you can see how frosty the AK are getting. the others are a week behind the AK and should start filling in nicely soon enough. everything looks good for now. gonna transplant the 4 plants from seed into pots of coco so they dont need to be watered as often.

Attachments

• P1011538.JPG
    P1011538.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 11
  • P1011540.JPG
    P1011540.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 9

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i got my bloombastic in and set up my hydro res with the low dose. that stuff smells funky as all hell. gonna start running it through all my plants today until harvest. i hope it does as good as everyone says! i will be happy if it holds up to its reputation. i bought the 60$ bottle at 325ml and im running about 5ml per gal or less. i will be putting up daily shots to try and track the progress. i cant wait to see what it does in the active hydro! i think it will really shine in that system.

out of all the seed plants the chemmy is putting on the most frost the fastest. they are all good but the chemmy jones is just one notch up from the rest. pretty impressive so far. im trying to pick out which plants i wanna run in a vert coco blumat grow. i think something stretchy and branchy like the POG or chemmy would do amazing!

pics: DAY 1 bloombastic!

i think i am gonna begin cutting back the ferts to halfway around .9 ec and then add in the bloombastic for the remainder of the AK's. they should have about 3 weeks or so left. they are gonna start bulking up pretty soon :)

Attachments

• P1011545.JPG
    P1011545.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 10

Desert Hydro

Veteran
day 3 bloombastic! not really a noticeable difference in anything at the moment but they all look amazing none the less. the lights seem to be working great fro their wattage. i wish i had one more in that tent lol. it would be overkill but it would be awesome. next run will be E&F SOG with minimal veg time clones. should be pretty awesome. i may try and get a third light to put in there to see if it bumps up the production any more.

Attachments

• P1011550.JPG
    P1011550.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 12
  • P1011549.JPG
    P1011549.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 12
  • P1011551.JPG
    P1011551.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 11
  • P1011547.JPG
    P1011547.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 15

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i cant really see much of a difference in the LED tent because of the bloombastic but in the hydro system and coco plants that were in early flower that i added it.....OMG they are blowing up like mad. im gonna have to raise my lights again! and i thought i was done with the stretch! lol. they had other plans.

the LED plants look so damn healthy and happy too. just a tiny bit of burning on the very tips from a little extra food ive been giving them ;) gonna mix up a special batch just for the AK and start dialing back on the base nutes and leave the BB at the same rate. i really like the product so far. i cant tell if it is definitely what is causing the explosive growth in the early flower plants or if its just them being natural badasses. either way i will keep it around for now. this run has been a dream. all smooth sailing, happy plants and happy gardener :)

Big Sky

the grow looks great man- Glad your enjoying everything for sure-
Its a great instance where we can say i told ya so and it be a good thing lol
the plants look extreme- impressive- Keep up the great work DH-

Desert Hydro

Veteran
thanks man. they are chugging along nicely. the seed run plants all look like they are gonna perform really well. i have lots of great strains so now it all comes down to the top priorities. yield without sacrificing potency and vice versa, flowering time, ease of growing and last but not least.... bag appeal. if i can get all those rolled into one then its a major winner. the tsi fly has all except ease of growing. the AK has all attributes. the sweet tooth i am still feeling out but i think this long veg time short bush is gonna kill it overall. it is looking phenominal in every aspect. super happy and filling in like mad. i could tell an instantanious difference with the addition of bloombastic imho. maybe im imagining it, but either way they are taking off like crazy so i dont care :)

im gonna order another 300w panel to test out against mine. it wont be a true side by side because they are all going in the same tent, but under each panel will be 6 even as possible clones all grown and fed the same. thats as even as i can do given my space available. i know some will say that isnt a true side by side cut and dry experiment but i dont give a shit :)

the strain will more than likely be AK since it seems to have the best structure for SOG little bushes.

i think LED are probably the best option out their for smaller scale production with the highest efficeincy possible. i think i will break the GPW goal on the clone side, but i have no idea what my seed run plants are gonna pull. cant wait to run some clones of them. i may convert the tent back to ebb and flow with rockwool cubes and some coco mats underneath. nothing like the simplicity and explosive growth from ebb and flow. it rocks.

oneshot

Desert, how did you buy these? I have sent people to the website to buy them but there is no where to purchase?

Desert Hydro

Veteran
when i bought them he had a paypal link up. i would just send him a PM or email at the site and see whats up.

Big Sky

well awesome sauce man-
Your happy, then I'm happy bro-

which kind are you looking on buying to put beside them in a side by side?
you could always get a few nice gently used 3x3 tents and do it perfectly controlled-
If my lights are going to be side by side another brand or maker, I would like to see them in a true division -
It wont give you a true measure unless..
but I have seen them with others together and they do well-

cheers man this thread has really kicked ass imho..

Desert Hydro

Veteran
me and my dispensary buddy were looking at em the other night and i asked him what they looked like they were gonna do per plant. we both said exactly the same at about 1.5 zips per plant. that would put me around 1.4 gpw which i would be extremely satisfied with. im gonna invest a bit more into LED in the near future. just gotta wait til my vacation expenses are over with. stay tuned for some ebb and flow in a 2x4 with an extra 300w(180w draw) panel equaling out to ~540w in that little tent. its a bit over kill BUT with more panels i can lower them down and get better intensity and penetration, thus better yield i hope. i would like to get near 2GPW in hydro but maybe im being over zealous :) fuck it! it will be fun to try my hardest and break some records. thats what this is all about! this is really one of the only things i enjoy. my list is very short.

AK bud up close

Attachments

• P1011563.jpg
    P1011563.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 9

Desert Hydro

Veteran
thanks everyone. this grow really has been as simple as it gets. simple ferts, hand watered coco and the LED's keep the temps in check. cant wait to see the GPW potential for LED. cant wait to add another small unit to that tent and run it active hydro! i think it will be the best yet. i will continue adding watts as long as GPW improves. i think i can add a little more without being overkill. i think 100 more W would do great but theres no way im buying a 100w panel so im gonna get another ~180w and rock all three and drop em lower!

Desert Hydro

Veteran
updates! feed is at 1.0ec on the AK slowly tapering them down for a nice flush. they are starting to fill in and swell. they are on day 52 out of ~65. so about 2 weeks left until chop and about 3 weeks until i can get a final weight and gpw for you guys. i have to say they look great for being under only 185W :)

the other plants in the LED tent are exactly 1 week behind the AK so 45 days of about 65. cant wait to see how the new strains turn out! my next adventure will be into vertical bare bulb i think. i may not be able to with the heat. i will find out pretty soon here.

Attachments

• P1011567.JPG
    P1011567.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 11
  • P1011568.JPG
    P1011568.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 11

Desert Hydro

Veteran
quick updates! im on my way out the door so i'll make it quick. winding down on the AK. gonna flush soon. others are going strong still. tuning the nutes down but not flushing yet.

Attachments

• P1011570.JPG
    P1011570.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 9

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i just ordered some rare dankness 501st OG and some humboldt seed org blue dream. cant wait to get some proper OG in the garden as well as some blue dream. two awesome strains! they also came with a bunch of freebies but the one i am most interested in are the HSO trainwrek.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i hope these start to swell pretty good in their last 10 days. if not i dont think i will be anywhere near my goal weight. they felt pretty soft yesterday when i gently squeezed one. i will be gone for a few days. my dispensary friend is gonna take care of them while i am gone. if he can manage an entire warehouse of plants a couple tents should be no problem lol

Latest posts

Latest posts