What's new

Setting up my small SOG hybrid LED/HID tent

Desert Hydro

Veteran
found these on the bysen website and thought they were cool! they are an LED plant expo they have in china. looks BADASS

Attachments

• led-grow-light-project-1.jpg
    led-grow-light-project-1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 12
  • led-grow-light-project-2.jpg
    led-grow-light-project-2.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 12

Desert Hydro

Veteran
everything is still chugging along. the chemmy is stretching like a mofo. the POG's seem to be slowing down. they have some massive fan leaves that will be getting plucked when the LED's get here. the structure looks fabulous. my buddy who grew for a dispensary saw the POG's and fell in love with them because of the structure of growth as well as the genetics. they grew skunk #1 as well as hindu kush and said they were both had fantastic qualities. if i get a good pheno it should be great. im hoping for a purple jackberry. that would be epic to have some color back in the stables

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
cool looking panels for sure

that led show in china looked like a blast

I wonder what happened to anyone with epilepsy there if any of those leds started flashing though lol.

Do we have any cool led shows in the states I wonder.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
tuesday is taking so long to get here damn it!! i want my lights already lol. i ve got so much to do!! im chopping the vscrog. i then have to transplant and scrog two mother plants under their own 600w light. trimming is gonna be a mission!! there is a ton of buds. i dont know whether to smile or cry. my day is fucked lol

Desert Hydro

Veteran
my lights get here tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!! finally the day has come. the plants are looking fantastic even under a 300w hps. im surprised at how nice they look actually. im thinking when my big scrog comes down it would be cool to test out a vert bare bulb 600w donut grow. flower farmer seems to be straight killin it with coco, blumats and vert bare bulb donuts.

Attachments

• P1011490.jpg
    P1011490.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 10

Big Sky

They look good man ;)
I like the 1 gal little bushy f'kers ;)
thats how i micro gro when i run small spaces- I'll have about 6 per 2.5 square area-
yield about 4-5 oz per cab section-

when you get the LEDs today(east coast lol)
Are you going to run HPS LED combo with your 300?

An interesting grow would also be the vert 300 HPS center, with the two 300 panels on either side, at 45 degree angles toward the canopy-

About 15 - 20 days and I'll have a new setup running to display some nice LED growing along with ya ;)
Going to run this first one with digilux and LED- should be unreal results-

Keep up the good work!

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i havent decide on mixing HPS and LED yet. sounds like a good idea but i would also like to get a feel for how LED only performs. i know this wont be a true measure only since they were started under t5 for for veg. then to 600 mh for first week of flower and then into their on tent with 300 hps vert bare bulb from week 2 on.

my cab is a 2 X 4 so its 8 sq. ft and i have 360-380 actual watts of LED coming. that means i will have 45-47.5 W per sq ft in there. i think that is plenty. if i leave the hps it puts me at about 85. i think thats a tad bit over kill lol

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
excited to see this light grow some buddage brother!

I never thought leds could actually grow decent meds until I witnessed it first hand. Those panels look really cool btw and BIG SKY I think a promotional video of you taking a hammer to one of them and the rest still working would be VIRAL GOLD

Desert Hydro

Veteran
hey guys do you think if i put the rockwool cubes into pots of coco the roots will drop down into the coco eventually? i have them in a big tub then in pots of growstones and the roots arent growing into the stones and the container they are in is taking up a ton of room for no reason

Big Sky

yeah you should be able to combine the rockwool and coco..they both feed hydro PH etc-
although, nutrient uptake is slightly different-
id just use pure coco, and some hygrozyme-
that will free up room in your grow medium real fast-
great for the plants to-
A 3 gal with hygrozyme supplements throughout its life is about equal to the same plant in 4-5 gal of medium-
20$ a bottle- use very lightly and a bottle should last a long time-

Desert Hydro

Veteran
they finally came in!!!!!!!!!!!!!! waited around all damn day. normally ups gets here at noon. of course today not until 5pm. suck it ups lol.

first impressions. packed well. no broken parts. feel solid and heavy in a good way. i can see the heatsinks inside. thats good. first fire up and they are bright as hell. hitting from 171-180W on the kill-a-watt meter. did i mention these were bright?? i put on tanning goggles and i was still seeing spots. no, the tanning goggles arent mine. fuck off lol. dont judge me.

i cant wait til they kick on at 9 so i can get some up and running shots.
thanks to big sky over at medicinal lighting!! at ~45w per sq ft i will be killing it in that tiny tent.

Attachments

• P1011501.JPG
    P1011501.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 13
  • P1011500.JPG
    P1011500.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 12
  • P1011498.JPG
    P1011498.JPG
    10 KB · Views: 10
  • P1011502.JPG
    P1011502.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 9
  • P1011497.JPG
    P1011497.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 14
  • P1011503.JPG
    P1011503.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 9
  • P1011504.JPG
    P1011504.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 10
  • P1011505.JPG
    P1011505.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 10

Phychotron

I've been waiting all day for a package I have to sign for (and one i don't) from the post office, normally it comes around 11, but now 6pm and it says they are still out for delivery. I checked my box anyway, nuthin. It really sucks waiting for stuff. Its like they know your getting an important package that day and wait till the very end of the day. Every time it happens.

I'd love to see these in action.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
yeah its a 2x4. dont remember what brand but ive had it a while and been put to the test haha. im having a blast watching it progress. this is my first LED run so im really excited. i hope i like them so i can buy more!! haha