What's new

Serious Seeds Females

rosskemp

get serious!!!

get serious!!!

Serious seeds are only producing REGULAR Ak47,Bubble Gum,Chronic,White Russian & kali mist! 11seeds/70-80€ :xmasnut: FUCK THAT,GET SERIOUS!!!
And feminized serious line is gonna be more than 100€ per pack! FUCK THAT TO MAN!

I think out there are many better seed banks,with great super genetics,for less than 40€/10fem pack!

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010 & GET SERIOUS!:xmastree:

Attachments

• HAPPY NEW 2010.jpg
    HAPPY NEW 2010.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 8

Claude

Veteran
Serious seeds are only producing REGULAR Ak47,Bubble Gum,Chronic,White Russian & kali mist! 11seeds/70-80€ :xmasnut: FUCK THAT,GET SERIOUS!!!
And feminized serious line is gonna be more than 100€ per pack! FUCK THAT TO!

I think out there are many better seed banks,with great super genetics,for less than 40€/10fem pack!

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010 & GET SERIOUS!:xmastree:

Hi Ross,

I do not know where you toke these informations as they are completely wrong info.

We are now making 6 strains.
Serious 6 is our latest addition.
As for the feminized seeds they will be the same price as regular for 6 feminized seeds so I do not know where you toke that price of 100€.

Please before posting bad thing like this you should verify before.
Your not going to get more popularity by telling false things like that.

Respect
Claude

Claude

Veteran
On another think,

Peoples who buy Serious genetic know that they do not have to buy many pack of seeds to get a nice phenotype.
What I meen by saying this is that one pack of Serious genetic is enough to get a good mother.
So I do not know but I think it cost less in the run.

Our strains are all stabilised genetic, I can not say the same for other company that cost less.

Respect
Claude

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Explain to us why it shouldn't be so. Help us all understand the mistake he is making and why.

Or can you explain it?

Man, you just WANT to argue. I NEVER said it shouldn't be so, I said I wish it need not be that way. I'll bet, the ONLY reason he's (Simon), doing this, is because it's fiscally smart to do so, not because he is creating something superior to what he already has to offer. If I felt like doing a search I could find plenty of issues folks have had with femmed beans.
That being said , at least it's Serious doing it, so quality standards will be high, and that's a good thing.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
What I meen by saying this is that one pack of Serious genetic is enough to get a good mother.

Respect
Claude

This is/was true, LONG before Simon thought of delving into femmed beans. It's a financial move, not a quality control move, and that's alright. This is a business, and I understand that.

Dank99

Peoples who buy Serious genetic know that they do not have to buy many pack of seeds to get a nice phenotype.
:yeahthats
for ak47, haven't tried the others,

"We are now making 6 strains.
Serious 6 is our latest addition."

Are these coming to the Boo?

Claude

Veteran
:yeahthats
for ak47, haven't tried the others,

"We are now making 6 strains.
Serious 6 is our latest addition."

Are these coming to the Boo?

Hi,

(Are these coming to the Boo?) Sorry I do not understand?

Will be ready in 5 months.

Respect
Claude

Claude

Veteran
Serious 6

Serious 6

Hi all,

Serious Seeds new strain is call Serious 6
It is mainly Sativa that flower in 8 weeks indoor and ready to harvest in the middle September.

They will first be available only in feminized version but Simon will work on a regular seeds ready next year I hope.

Respect
Claude

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
Hi all,

Serious Seeds new strain is call Serious 6
It is mainly Sativa that flower in 8 weeks indoor and ready to harvest in the middle September.

They will first be available only in feminized version but Simon will work on a regular seeds ready next year I hope.

Respect
Claude

This sounds pretty exciting, but I share other's chagrin. If Simon begins painting his seeds all of the colors of the rainbow and investing in high-cost celebrity apartments in A'Dam then we have a problem.

indifferent

Veteran
Quote:
I see that your PH is really low, in dirt you should not go lower than 6.3. By having a PH that low it is hard for the plant to take mag.
The best PH for dirt to make your plant eat better is 6.5.

Waaaah ? I'm in soil and at 5.8 too ! Thanks for this precious information Claude !

Irie !

Yup, Claude is correct. I have had an issue myself last few months since switching from coco to a coco-based soilless mix, I kept on using the same PH of 6 I was with coco and got some cal-mag deficiencies, now I am keeping PH in the 6.2-6.5 range and the deficiencies have gone away.

I don't like the idea of fem seeds at all, but as others have said in this thread, seed cos have to fem their lines or go out of business. This is due to all the rip-off Spanish companies that produce femmed versions of the most popular seedlines. I wish there was something that could be done to protect the intellectual property of breeders like Simon and Shantibaba, but I don't see what can be done until it is possible to register a breed of cannabis and then have it protected by law like copyright. Companies that fem other people's lines will NEVER get my business, I'd love nothing more than to see them close down, they are just thieves.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I felt like doing a search I could find plenty of issues folks have had with femmed beans.

You seem to feel like throwing bad vibes easy enough. And if you were to feel like it, the anecdotes you would find would have zero to do with the seeds being "feminized" per se...but rather a selection issue..which is the very same reason there are problems with regular seeds. There is absolutely no proclivity for fem seeds to produce more hermie than their regular produced half siblings.
The only reason I asked for you to explain it is because I doubt you can. You have to be going on taboo. (shrug)

I'm sorry if that pisses in your cornflakes, but I find the bad vibes thrown are done so by the less than learned, and I don't much like seeing them thrown at good people either.
But maybe you fem seed haters could actually offer up a reason for your loathe?

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
Genetic degradation over time, hoosierdaddy... It would be like if we selfed you, and only you, over and over and over and over again; what would that leave us with?

Would it be a less opinionated version of you?!

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ah, well I fully understand the ramifications of continued back-crossing. And that will happen with regular seed breeding as well.
But, who is talking about getting rid of the males? I haven't seen anyone ever even suggest such a thing. I think top shelf breeders use P1 and P2 and keep them in their library of plants, be they male or female. This allows them to recreate the first release.
And a fem seed line will only get dead ended if the grower decides to to it himself. Has nothing at all to do with the actual seed breeders work.

Now, to me the rub lies when we continue crosses using femed lines only. Introducing a polar pollen, even if obtained from a forced female, should not bring any sort of degredation to the line, and quite the opposite in fact. Just like with regular lines...
But the question still remains if we are failing to pass on important genetic material that is male specific by breeding this way. I tend to thinl we are not, but that just goes with my theory that there is no gender specific genetic material. A very uneducated theory as well.

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
Ah, well I fully understand the ramifications of continued back-crossing. And that will happen with regular seed breeding as well.
But, who is talking about getting rid of the males? I haven't seen anyone ever even suggest such a thing. I think top shelf breeders use P1 and P2 and keep them in their library of plants, be they male or female. This allows them to recreate the first release.
And a fem seed line will only get dead ended if the grower decides to to it himself. Has nothing at all to do with the actual seed breeders work.

Now, to me the rub lies when we continue crosses using femed lines only. Introducing a polar pollen, even if obtained from a forced female, should not bring any sort of degredation to the line, and quite the opposite in fact. Just like with regular lines...
But the question still remains if we are failing to pass on important genetic material that is male specific by breeding this way. I tend to thinl we are not, but that just goes with my theory that there is no gender specific genetic material. A very uneducated theory as well.

Indeed

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That seems a bit facetious, eugenegreen. Perhaps you could expand and enlighten us with your take? And, did you not agree with what I posted? And if not what part?

Or is this just another clear example of me starting shit with people and being argumentative?

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Apparently, everything negative I've heard about femmed seeds is "taboo". In light of this, I apologize to those folks I may have offended.
For the record I did not mean to throw bad vibes at Simon or Serious. I've grown Ak and Chronic and loved them both. Can't wait to grow them again. I'd hate to see that change.
Alrighty then, I anxiously await the arrival of Serious 6. At 44*N I'd love something done mid Sept. Have waited a long time for a Serious strain I could grow outside.

Latest posts

Latest posts