What's new

self-sufficiency...compliments of micro.

thats a nice looking durban, jesbuds. Which breeder is your durban from?

...AND, you bring up yet another wonderful advantage of micro growing for one's self. TOTALLY discrete if you take the time to do things right. I could have someone standing right beside my pc, and they would be none the wiser.

jesbuds

Thanks man and not sure, local clone from a friend of a friend so no real idea the 'true' lineage but overall a really nice plant. Chunky buds, sweet anise, uppity high (not overly racy), tasty smoke, doesn't stretch too much and finishes in ~9 weeks.

Durban is definitely on my "to grow" list!
....unfortunately, that list is long and evergrowing!

one disadvantage of growing my own is not getting the opportunity to try a lot of the strains. basically, if i don't grow it...well...then i don't smoke it. (there are few exceptions)

would love to go to a TRUSTED place (with cannabis that is grown with love and not greed) with tons of strains to sample. Problem is that it would take so long to give each sample the proper testing....even then, i believe it would give me a better idea of which types of genetics i want in my stash.

right now, its a bit of a craps-shoot. try them, and hope for the best.

jesbuds

Yea I'm fortunate enough to live in a legal state where dispensaries are prevalent so I've had opportunities to sample all types of strains. Also allows me to buy local seeds which I like supporting.

Sad that in most of the world that RIGHT is not accepted.

I've smoked plenty of cannabis over the years, but mostly unknown genetics.(or conveniently named whatever the pusherman thought sounded cool)...some were good...some were bad. Sure wish I knew what those good ones were!

So I continue searching....

I've noticed over the past couple days that the malawi plants are starting to pick up the pace!! Last night when I checked on them they were only about 1.5" from the light....Ifigured I would raise the light this morning.....didn't have time....sure hope they don't grow into the light .... *stupid me*

So...the malawi plants will be topped/cloned/etc this weekend...sooo, in about 2-3 weeks I will have enough veg space to start 2 new seeds....just gotta figure out what genepool to start sifting through ...

Zamaldelica is definitely going in....just deciding on the other one. Probably go with one of the indica or hybrid varieties since I have a lot of sativa genetics on my plate right now....

Soo...its between aurora indica and bubbleicious from nirvana......or there was the bubbas gift freebie from humboldt.....or red cherry berry from barney..... Ihave some others, but these are the most likely.

Damn decisions....anyone have a suggestion?

jesbuds

Seen some hit and miss from Barney but overall seems like decent seeds, always wanted to try their stuff so I vote Barney's stuff.

finally got around to cloning the malawi plant this morning....the m2 is quite lanky...m5 is the tightest internode spacing.....

sure cant wait to get these into the flower case.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Malawi more wide leaf, I read about that. Stretch is relative, lol

I have seedlings at 8 weeks that have like 10 nodes and under
5 inches in height. I decreased feed EC and they starting to stretch
after a few days.

Do you take cuttings and flip the seed plant. or veg the cutting
to flip at a later date?

I'd like to see what you can do with that bubbleicious from nirvana.

well, assuming the cuttings root properly......I actually took two cuts from each plant. the top and then the alternate nodes below that cut....don't know how that is going to work out, but at least i should get the top to root. Its the first time ive tried to take the "alternate node below" to root. If it works out it will be nice.

anyways, my plan is to train/flower the "from seed" plant, and as soon as i know sex i will flower the 'top" cut. ...leaving the 2 node clone for a mother.

....removing males (into quarantine, if they look good) along the way, of course.

Broke a "large" branch of my lsd mother this morning while tending....i quickly set up a cup of water to throw it in.....does anyone have any advice on getting roots from a lignified branch?? should i remove the hard outer layer to help rooting?? ive never attempted to root such mature stem, and i am not even sure if it is possible??

....anyone have any insight??

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Broke a "large" branch of my lsd mother this morning while tending....i quickly set up a cup of water to throw it in.....does anyone have any advice on getting roots from a lignified branch?? should i remove the hard outer layer to help rooting?? ive never attempted to root such mature stem, and i am not even sure if it is possible??

....anyone have any insight??

Perlite and peat moss as rooting medium.

Rooting hormone indole-3-butyric acid.

Scrape some of the outer layer, some would say make some slices
instead.

Make sure that the bottom leaf node is below the surface of the perlite
peat moss medium. Firm it around the stem of the cutting so it remains upright.
Stake to prop up as required.

Could take upwards of 20 days, or more, when you see new growth it will be good.

Keep us posted, and good luck

This is a fantastic thread! Your grow is looking great HerBnGorE(illa)! and so are the others

I'm another micro grow fan just trying to get some quality smoke for two people. A micro grow seems easier than jumping the hurdles to get permission to treat your own medical condition how you see fit. Good luck to everyone!

I've done a few small grows and just starting again with a perpetual desk grow, Advanced Platinum P150 in the flower side.

Here's an earlier pc grow:

Welcome merrykushmush. Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to post in here any time.

...there's no hurdles here in this thread. Just more folks like you who want to treat themselvs as they see fit, and choose to keep their money in their own pockets rather than relying on mystery meds.

jesbuds

Even though this is a 1x2x5' cab I consider it micro with how I've split things, massive 84w of total light.

Attachments

• C.jpg
    C.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

jesbuds

Thanks man, designed more for quantity to see phenos, only expect 1-2g per plant. Even less when I start pollinating but figured I can't breed things very well without at least seeing a decent number of seeds from a strain. Easy F&D like I wanted but still a work in progress.

Oh how I would love to have the space for good pheno hunting!! My recent 4 Malawi project is the most of a single strain I have tried all at once. Hoping it pays off with either a keeper mother or a resin covered male. Would love to be able to buy whole 20 packs and pop them all at once to find gems, but I'm stuck sifting the streams for my gold....damn laws.