What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

self-sufficiency...compliments of micro.

Grouchy! Sounds like another good example of self-sufficiency to me! Feel free to stop in anytime with tips and trick to help others achieve the same!

Good luck with the crossing of your genetics! It's great to be able to choose the genetics that fit exactly what you WANT rather than whatever is available from the local dispensary or local dealer! Sometimes the latter can be quite disappointing!

I had considered switching over to led. The only reason I havnt is because I'm not sure what would work for my setup. I don't have a lot of excess head room so I was worried that a unit with 3 watt leds would be too much power and bleach the tops. And worried that 1watt leds wouldn't give enough penetrating power. Maybe a happy mix of the 2 would be "just right"....Or doing the dimmable 3 watters maybe? I'm not sure. Anyone have some insight?

grouchy

I don't have much headroom either as my cab is only 29" tall. The white leds don't bleach the tips as bad as the blurple ones do. With a dimmer you can sit the plants real close to the light source if you wanted. I mounted my leds through the roof of my cab with the heatsinks and fans on the outside and the lights on the inside. It works great.

waveguide

Veteran
diy leds have the least vertical expense.. the led is only a few mm high and you strap it to a heat sink.. 1 1/4" ?? maybe 2" or so with suspension.

in arizona, i use two pc fans (one internal/air mover, one removes hot air above the cfls) and the led doesn't get warm enough to need its own fan.

So I tried a little test bud of the zamal hashplant. What a good flavor! It tastes like the sweet black licorice with a hashy note to it. The buzz was quite nice! Nothing like the lsd plant. Where my lsd plant give you the stupifying effect with a pass out ending, the ZH give a greater awareness to ones surroundings with no crash at the end. Especially auditory awareness. Ismoked it on my front porch and before Iknew it I was mezmorized my the sounds of the crickets and wildlife. When I went inside it was the light hum of the refrigerator that kept me entranced. Definately looking forward to the official smoke test after a few weeks of cure!

Finally!!! I decided to start to flush my malawi plant. The plant still has quite a few fresh pistils pushing out, however, ace's web site shows it for 11-13 weeks. I'm over 14 weeks now from showing sex. I have been tapering down nutes for a couple weeks. Now only ph'ed water. I'm really excited about watching this plant sit in a jar for a few months..... yes, that was sarcasm.....

Also, zamal hashplant is reveging nicely. I had to sneak another little tester last night... I just couldn't resist! What a pleasant buzz! I'm guessing she will be my new hybrid keeper. I also started flushing another ZH. I'm letting it go a little longer than the last one just to see the difference.

Now I have to ponder how the hell I'm going to flower off my lsd mother plant....damn she has a lot of branches. Sure wish I had a 2x2 to do her the justice she deserves... instead, ill have to cut her way back and hope she doesn't get too stretchy. it'll be sad to see her go, but the zamal hashplant is better. Period.

(...at least better for the type of buzz I prefer)

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Your first Zamal Hashplant seems, by your description, like a pheno
of the original Zamaldelica I have, pleasant and long lasting, if a bit
zoned out, lol.

I'll have to look at Ace's Zamaldelica cross Hashplant notes.

I experience longer flower times flowering micro low watts
compared to the grows using 600W. I average 10-14 days
longer than posted finish time.

Great thread, subbed.

My barneys farm tangerine dream has some serious issues. May have to start a new seed of it. Unfortunate because it looks quite sativa leaning....I don't have any pics of it but ill try to snap a couple tonight to see if u guys think she is salvageable. Looks like she has about every deficiency known to man. She doesn't drink/eat....I've tried everything I can think of....losing hope...

....and even if it is able to be saved, should I waste my time?? Its like hush said about his ak selections. If it gets mold then he has no room in his tent for those genetics. If this plant doesn't want to live, then maybe I should help it find its way to the compost. I have 4 more of the same beans and quite a selection of other genetics..... then again, it could be the best weed in the world and id be throwing it away.

It makes no sense....I've run quite an array of genetics and never found a plant that didn't want to grow like a weed. Could it be a dud?? Anyone ever have a similar problem?

...this goes back to the whole never-ending learning thing. Damn it!

I should add That for some reason the plant has no visible roots through the container. That is quite odd. Maybe this plant doesn't like light hitting its roots and that's the problem. (Never had that problem with ANY other genetics I've run in the past)

every thread needs some good pics! time for some updates!

every thread needs some good pics! time for some updates!

first a pic of some of the ace zamal hashplant buds. sure wish i could upload aroma....

Next up is AZH2 ....she sits at day 56 of flower. she is currently being flushed.

next is one of the barneys farm lsd plant. it is at day 68, i believe. i've let this one go a tad further than i would prefer....it will get the axe in the morning. it was originally supposed to be a budsicle, however i was forced to veg it a few days longer than usual due to space (imagine that) so she got tied down towards the end of stretch.

Herbn, I grow in much the same manner as you - PC case and for personal use only. I noticed that your containers also look like 2 liter hempy bottles, which is what I use along with the KISS Lucas method. Are you doing the same?

and now for the not so good pics. this is the tangerine dream i was speaking of earlier. this plant has looked hideous since the day it sprouted. ive tried changing up nutes. ive tried flushing with ph'ed water.....there is something about what im doing that this plant just does not like. never had a plant that hated me before! lol

is this salvageable? any ideas??

Herbn, I grow in much the same manner as you - PC case and for personal use only. I noticed that your containers also look like 2 liter hempy bottles, which is what I use along with the KISS Lucas method. Are you doing the same?

thanks for stoppin in!! these are not 2 liters but 10 fl.oz. coco/perlite hempys. as far as nutes it is pretty much kiss.....but i use a grow formula during stretch (just because i have it) and i use floralicious plus at 1/2 strength throughout 3/4 of flower.

after i have ran a plant through a few good times i sometimes throw a couple in happy frog soil and just ph water with a little of their "big bloom" or whatever they call it....

Its been a while, guess i will do a little update on my little garden.

since last time there has been quite a bit of progress. Malawi, Bubba Kush, both remaining Zamal Hashplants, and a few lsd plants have all been harvested and are curing. I lost my first Zamal Hashplant reveg attempt, so had to try again when i harvested the second. It seems to be doing much better.

The Barneys Farm Tangerine Dream plant that was suffering so badly managed to bounce back a bit for me. this is her on day 49 of 12/12, however she was not mature when she went in, so that number is a bit misleading. such skinny leaves

and this is the cutting of the tangerine dream in happy frog soil in veg. it will be topped in the next couple of days. Not sure why, but the middle leaf blade is much shorter than the rest on this plant...

next up, the Dinafem Critical Jack. It is at day 51 of flower. Such a stinky strain. Smells of rotting fruit and body odor. When i open up the grow area its smell overpowers all the rest in the case. I have been watching the trichomes on it. It looks like it is about time to start flushing. ive been tapering down nutes on it for the last week or so. Probably in the next few days i will go water only.

May as well throw a couple of my LSD pics in the mix! It really is an amazing plant. I would recommend it any day for a good knock out buzz! I recently saw what a clone of this plant did under sunlight...WOW. I have been taking multi-branch air layers from the mother for the last few weeks. I was going to just flower her off all at once, but decided i would just thin her down a bit (after my friend whom i gifted the clone insisted)

I did also recently pop a new seed. It was actually a freebie from Herbies from Heavyweight seeds called Dream Machine. They say it is Afghan x Indian x Brazilian....whats the worst that could happen?? I guess we will see!

Going to go ahead and start a few (4-5) seeds of Malawi in the next couple of days. I'm guessing there are still some hidden gems still left in that pack! I want to do things a little differently on this round with them.

Most definitely. However I also understand the importance of letting things cure a bit, so I try to remain patient. I will be testing the bubba kush....here in about 5 minutes! :D

Thanks guys.

I tried the bubba kush from dinafem last night. It was a good all-around smoke. Good flavor, nice buzz. The bag appeal is there (if there were enough to fill a bag). My plant finished off with purple leaves and buds. After the small cure it had a slight coffee aroma.

That being said the only thing that stood out about the smoke was the lingering aftertaste. It was a wonderful sweet/sour taste.

At some point I may try some more bubba genetics and see what there is to find. Primarily because of the way the plant grew under my conditions. Short stature. No stretch (wish I had known that before). I think that might be traits worth perusing in my limited space. I wonder if ace's bubba hashplant has the same traits?

...but these are not on the top of my to-do list at the moment. Have some other prospects in mind.

kezark31

Awesome thread man, I'm working on the self sufficiency part and a perpetual cabinet its all out in my garage/utility room. it has a small space i call an attic or upstairs that im in the process of making in to grow spot for my self also to help my temperature. i just built a bubble cloner it slow but its working. my veg cab is a small 3 drawer dresser fliped up side down and a 250 MH bulb i have four ladies in their now. all clone. 3 of them i made so im happy about that. there 45ish days old. going to flip them soon. i run 12-1 or GLR in recycled soil/compost/perlite. seems to be working for me so far. guess the next 100 days i will see.

Kezark. Thanks! Sounds like you have things planned out well. Feel free to post some pics and progress in this thread as u get rolling along. This thread is, afterall, here to incourage others to see what they can easily provide for themselves.

Latest posts

Latest posts