What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

self-sufficiency...compliments of micro.

i wouldnt call myself selfsufficient yet for two reasons: my quality isnt there yet, could have something to do with me smoking kush and haze daily for the last 10 years.. second is that i havnt gotten to a solid system/routine that will keep me from having to spend 10-15 a gram at the store

but as things look at the moment, ill be getting close next attempt

Pufferfish. I do mostly sog. I have done some scrogs in the past and they do the trick too. Only reason I sog is to keep perpetual variety going...I can put in new varieties to test out without having much of an impact on my quantity of smokables.

I also understand about the "almost" aspect of self sufficiency.it took me a few months of trying different techniques before I learned enough to build up enough stash to support my habit. Its a good feeling to not have to look for/buy my meds. I can't think of the last time I had to buy a bag.

And all the thanks go to the good folks here on icmag! Damn I've learned a lot. Some great people on this site who will help others out expecting nothing in return. I'm sure the local "weekend weed courses" would have loved to charge me good money to teach me half of what I learn here.

....now where did I put that $30 grow bible???....

...ohh yeah, I never had to buy that! Icmag kicks the crap out of any book/course you'll ever find. You just have to be willing to spend the time.

kezark31

Kezark. Thanks! Sounds like you have things planned out well. Feel free to post some pics and progress in this thread as u get rolling along. This thread is, afterall, here to incourage others to see what they can easily provide for themselves.

planned yes! we will see if the ladies are up to the task! haha
so the run down on my veg cab is 30x16x24 (upside down 3 drawer dresser) has a remote ballast 250 mh bulb from HD and goodwill 12V osculating fan running @5 volts via old mototolla cellphone charger. cooling is handled by two 6 inch fans sucking air out via the top (bottom of the dresser). the front of the box is a dollar store sun visor. very ghetto but it works for me at this time.
:biggrin:

Kezark. "Ghetto" can get the job done just as well as an expensive setup! It's all about providing a good environment for plant growth. The plant doesn't care how much u spend at the local hydro shop.

Your setup reminds me of my first grow room. It was an old 3 door dresser that I rigged up. It wasn't fancy by any means, but it got me started. I used it for about a year before I decided that I didn't need that much space. I saw some pc case grows here on icmag and though that looked about perfect. Much more stealthy than my modified dresser.

anyways, thanks for sharing! Looks like you are off to a good start!happy growing!

kezark31

first lady in flower

first lady in flower

first lady of the new flower cab 4x23 2700's @ day 3 of flower (59 days total)

pre-flowers

lil shoom hangin out

Awwyu

This sounds something I'm planning on doing as well. The only question is how do you actually keep things going, do you have a free supply of seeds/clones from a friend or do you have a separate space to keep clones/mothers in to have a steady supply of new plants after a harvest?

I personally have a small area that I keep for veg. It is very low wattage (just switched from a 23 watt cfl to a 9 watt led) i mostly take cuttings from mother plants because they are "proven" genetics. I am always, however, popping new seeds looking for something new.

kezark31

I personally have a small area that I keep for veg. It is very low wattage (just switched from a 23 watt cfl to a 9 watt led) i mostly take cuttings from mother plants because they are "proven" genetics. I am always, however, popping new seeds looking for something new.

is it a conversion led? how old are you mother plants?

Not sure what a conversion led is.....it is just a bulb that fits in a regular light socket.

My barneys lsd mother is about a year or year and a half old....my soon to be ace zamal hashplant mother is reveging nicely...I'm guessing I will be taking cuts within a week or so.

luiftd

High everyone!

this is my first grow and i guess it could be considered micro hahah

i'm growing on a small cardboard box with a single 65W 6500k CFL because that's all i could find with a decent lumen output (around 4000)

also, not using any aftermarket nutrient because that's impossible to find where i live. so i'm making my own with a mix of hummus and some kind of tea i make with bananas for potassium and potatoe shell for nitrogen plus a little drip of pee (i heard it has a lot of nitrogen and phosforus)

i know it's my first time and i made a lot of mistakes on the way so i'm not looking to have a high yield, i just want to have my own decent quality smoke and stop buying from the black market.

that's all so far, let me know what u guys think about my setup and the health of my plants, i'll love to have some feedback!

picture.php

this is my setup

picture.php

the older of the two (sprouted around 4-5 days before the other) topped and kinda lolypopped

picture.php

the younger, topped at 4 nodes as the other one.

picture.php

Size comparison with an iphone 4S

feel free to ask or suggest anything guys
and sorry for the lame english

luiftd

picture.php

the most exciting sighting since i started growing <3

picture.php

This is a picture i took today of the first flowers on the old plant (the young is a little behind)

luiftd

hello herb. both are bagseeds i been collecting from good buds i bought sometimes.

i don't really know the strain but i'm guessing they're indicas for the shape of the leaves and the size of the plant (correct me if i'm wrong)

i'll love to have some feminized seeds to play with but growshops are completely unexisting on this country :(

cheers!

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
After growing for a couple years, I'm now self-sufficient. In fact, I bought a quarter the other day to avoid questions from my dealer/friend. "Um, yeah, not smoking as much as I used to, etc..." I said to him while sitting on my big fat stash!!!

i think im getting full circle next harvest, ima run out of this jar before next is cured, but im getting closer!

goin led and organic did soo much for my plant quality, keeping the bottles for a pure coco bottle run

luiftd

i think im getting full circle next harvest, ima run out of this jar before next is cured, but im getting closer!

goin led and organic did soo much for my plant quality, keeping the bottles for a pure coco bottle run

hey bro, i was thinking about going led too but i couldn't find anything that could fit on a micro grow, is it worth it?

the bulbs are a bit more bulky compared to the cobs

but theyre super easy to install (and cheaper)

atm im replacing my fluors by led every now and then till im full led, and i can already see the HUGE difference between tops under fluor and tops that are directly under led!

its like the led had 2 weeks extra to form trichomes

luiftd

the bulbs are a bit more bulky compared to the cobs

but theyre super easy to install (and cheaper)

atm im replacing my fluors by led every now and then till im full led, and i can already see the HUGE difference between tops under fluor and tops that are directly under led!

its like the led had 2 weeks extra to form trichomes

are you talking about the "grow leds" who look kinda purple? or those bulb looking leds? if so, any guess on the color range and output?