What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeds, Soil and 16 Square Feet

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
looking righteous! :D I have seen single branch or node mutations in different lines before, but original DJ S Blueberry definitely is one of those lines.
Great work again.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
I made seeds using both male and female OH2015ibl. Are they f2s? I have them labeled OH2019 for reference.

If both the male and female plants you used came from the same initial in-bred-line, then they should represent more of the same. This means that the batch you made will be ‘IBL’ also. If the original seed your male and female came from were truly in-bred then your batch of seed should, more or less, exhibit the same phenotype they expressed.

Maybe the original creator of the seedline will know what f generation their 2015 seed offering was. I think some regard anything past f4 as ‘IBL’, while others consider it further along. A hybrid between a true equatorial type and true Broadleaf type might take longer to pin down to a single expression, it all boils down to the original f1 parents you decide to breed I guess...

Anyway, probably rambling on about something you already know..

Really love the quality of your pics and interesting plants :)

Siskiyou

Veteran
Thanks Kalbhairav. I didn't know if it was cool to call it an ibl still since I am not the original breeder and I wondered what the usual protocol is in this situation...for now i think i will stick with OH2019 for labeling.

Here is what I know about OregonHuckleberry2015ibl...

Oregon Huckleberry 2015 ibl - (Oregon Huckleberry F4 x Oregon Huckleberry Bx3)
Oregon Huckleberry Bx3 incorporates Blue Magoo
Blue Magoo is a clone-only hybrid cross between DJ Short Blueberry and Major League Bud (William’s Wonder F2).
Oregon Huckleberry - (Oregon Blueberry x Morning Glory)
Morning Glory - ((Hawaii x Afghanistan) x Shiva Skunk)
Shiva Skunk - (NL#5 x Skunk#1)

Siskiyou

Veteran
Kinky Temple (C99 x Temple) by Bodhi Seeds at 63 days into flower
picture.php
picture.php

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
lovely flowers as always sisk!

i’ve heard useful idiot describe that seed situation as a “seed increase” which i think is delightfully accurate and vague at the same time.

Siskiyou

Veteran
Can never go wrong with some Bodhi!
Right on, ReikoX. I've grown about a dozen different Bodhi offerings and found excellent plants in almost every pack. Quality in, quality out.
I am very impressed with your growing work, btw.

Siskiyou

Veteran
lovely flowers as always sisk!

i’ve heard useful idiot describe that seed situation as a “seed increase” which i think is delightfully accurate and vague at the same time.

Awesome to have you swing by Heady Blunts.

So is "seed increase" that phenomenon where one comes to have more seeds and seed varieties than they can ever hope grow out?

I still love growing from seed despite all of the uncertainties. When I first started growing my own in the late 80's bagseed was what I grew. Whenever I found a seed in herb that I enjoyed I saved it and grew out the ones I most wanted to try again. I never knew strain names, even though I had seen seed catalogs, what I had was select bagseed. The result was always surprising and diverse, with each plant an individual with its own character. I learned to love diversity in herb and to treasure unique traits. I still do. I get bored with any one or two varieties no matter how much i like them initially, and I am always most excited about recent harvests of unique plants and new crosses.
Most of my friends who grow don't want to "fuck with" seeds because they don't want the uncertainty. They don't want to waste resources growing males that will have to be culled, not knowing how many will be female. Commercial growing demands consistency of product and resource maximization. Growing for oneself allows freedom to grow whatever one wants and allows for the embrace of uncertainty.
Maybe 'seed increase' is something else entirely...

CodyPomeray

Not in Siskiyou County, no. I chose that handle because I love the Siskiyou Wilderness and spent a lot of time hiking and exploring that area both for pleasure and for research.

Truely is a wild set of nature. I passed through a few times and was going to ask how the outdoor was in that area. Assume you would need some hearty indicas to get done in time. That mountain is something else. Cheers!

midwestkid

Veteran
Siskiyou on post #593 What genetic is responsible for the reddish purple stalk and limbs? Thats really neat.

also, I've recently finished 2 bingo pajamas and have been really impressed with the unique flower structure and twangy champagne notes. I'm surprised there's not more chatter about that cross as well.

thanks for letting us watch!

Siskiyou

Veteran
Siskiyou on post #593 What genetic is responsible for the reddish purple stalk and limbs? Thats really neat.

also, I've recently finished 2 bingo pajamas and have been really impressed with the unique flower structure and twangy champagne notes. I'm surprised there's not more chatter about that cross as well.

thanks for letting us watch!

That was Sunshine Daydream x Tiger Temple from seeds that I had made with the bright purple/red stems and stalk at finish.

Latest posts

Latest posts