What's new

seeded gets aced

G

Things are looking better and better...Fantastic trich pics!Waiting for the photostorm :biggrin:

seeded

Thanks guys :biggrin:

I found out the hard way that when stacking macros that unless conditions are absolutely perfect it's better to go with a higher aperture to increase the depth of field and then taking fewer pictures to cover the required distance. I thought I could cheat by brute forcing it by taking over thousand photos tonight but since the depth of field was paper thin the stacking process kept making edges fuzzy with the more pics that were used and when I tried using every third or fourth picture it made noticeable fuzzy ripples in the pictures. So yeah shit happens but at least I learned from it and got these too :biggrin:

Blueberry/Thai x Malawi
picture.php

picture.php

seeded

Double Thai
picture.php

picture.php

Zamaldelica
picture.php

picture.php

Just you guys wait until a few more bits of kit from china arrive. I'll be going from 1:1 to potentially greater than 20:1 replication :woohoo:

konopenko

Veteran
Trichs so dense & already milky? Is there environment factor, genetics or maybe a green trick ;)
Lookin good bro!

seeded

Trichs so dense & already milky? Is there environment factor, genetics or maybe a green trick ;)
Lookin good bro!
Thanks and it's genetics. All we do is help the plants reach their full potential and I abuse the hell out of my girls which brings them down :laughing:

deepwaterdude

Wow, it's like being on another planet... planet trichomes. Beautifully rendered macros. The Double Thai trichs are wild.

seeded

Thanks guys :D

I found the source of my stacking issues and it's me. Turns out I've smoked myself retarded and it didn't click that since the lens moves to focus that it would change the size of the objects in the frame too. I only noticed after loading up a massive slide show, scrolling down quickly and seeing the buds shrink like a dodgy animated gif:laughing:

So yeah taking pics like a tard has lead to poor results that aren't worth sharing but at least I know why it's happening and the solution, a macro sliding rail, is on it's way :biggrin:

G

When you figure everything out,prepare for a little interrogation :biggrin: Looks like we're in for quite a show :woohoo:

seeded

When you figure everything out,prepare for a little interrogation :biggrin: Looks like we're in for quite a show :woohoo:
Thanks for the vote of confidence though I'll save you the trouble of asking some of the early questions by saying I've tried high iso's and longer exposure times which only work in perfect studio like conditions and only then if you trigger the camera from a different room because god forbid you breathe in the camera's general direction. In the real world however you want to suck up as much light as fast as you can to essentially freeze time but you end up trading available light for depth of field with the aperture. The lower the aperture the more light you get which makes lining up the shots easier as you can easily see the live preview on screen but as you increase the depth of field the picture darkens eventually blacking it out until you've taken the photo and the flash floods the scene. Seriously at the higher apertures I can't see a thing on screen in my flowering tent when directly under my 600w hps which makes it all but impossible to take a decent freehand pic despite the increased depth of field. You either need to accept paper thin slices of focus or attempt to brute force the issue through sheer numbers in which case you're going to end up absurdly cropping your pictures like I've done here with this Malawi and it's going to happen every time you don't use a tripod, take a ton of pics and then later edit and stack them :toohot:
picture.php

So assuming you've got the tripod + rail, the lighting, etc. all setup for the initial shot it's going to be a matter of moving the camera through the scene and the focus in the opposite way to even out the movement. Doing that should stop the buds from changing size but the sweet spot is going to be different for everyone based on their equipment, what they're shooting and what their goals are. I really wish I could give you some hard numbers but it really is situation dependent so just line up that first shot the best you can and practice, practice, pactice. oh and share because you already take killer pics :biggrin:

G

Thx a lot bro!But you'll not get away that easy :biggrin:The hard part will be when I get hands-on questions...But till Christmas I think you can relax!Beautiful detail there :good:

seeded

Week 9 of flowering and the girls are hurting badly due to my tap water being super clean and flushing the coco's buffer away long ago which means when I run out of calmag supplements the coco gets greedy, the ph crashes badly and the plants get barely anything from the nutrients. I ordered in some calmag with the ballast but it was sent via snail mail and took over a week to get here so I've given them a massive dose of liquid lime I picked up from the hardware store while waiting. They've since recovered enough in two days to force me to raise the lights again to deal with the already 15-20x stretch on some of them so I lowered the light down by 30 mins for good measure too.
picture.php

picture.php

Malawi, Double Thai, Zamaldelica
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

seeded

Zamaldelica
picture.php

picture.php

SSH x Malawi
picture.php

I got too stoned last night for my own good so that's all the pics I have for now but I've got to water the plants tonight which means pulling half of them out and rearranging them afterwards so I'll take a few pictures and get them up in the next day or so :biggrin:

seeded

I tried for ages to get a few decent pics tonight but couldn't get the lighting, angles, etc. right making them all feel awful. I then tried to brute force it with numbers and stacking which didn't work at all so with the girls stinking the place up I've had to give up and settle for these. The first is a bb/thai x malawi and the last two are from the fastest double thai.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I'll keep trying to get some better pics over the coming week so I can spam the thread good and proper for my next update :D

ULMW

Greetings Seeded,
Beautiful work and I salute your natural desire to keep plants free to bare seeds..Thank you on the plants behalf and for all of us who grow and farm. I am looking to develop my own crosses over the coming years and own seed stock. It is essential in the times we live in and for the future.
Happy growing in 2017 + onwards!
Was wondering do you make much dry sift hash whilst extracting seeds?

seeded

Very nice, seeded. That thai is otherworldly;)
Greetings Seeded,
Beautiful work and I salute your natural desire to keep plants free to bare seeds..Thank you on the plants behalf and for all of us who grow and farm. I am looking to develop my own crosses over the coming years and own seed stock. It is essential in the times we live in and for the future.
Happy growing in 2017 + onwards!
Was wondering do you make much dry sift hash whilst extracting seeds?

Thanks guys and I haven't made hash from any seeded plant before. The mildly seeded girls get chopped up like normal and vaped while the heavily seeded ones get put through a sieve and then usually turned into oil once the seeds have been separated.

I'm glad to hear you're into the breeding side of things too. Like you said it really is essential these days that more of us do it and work on our own gear. Speaking of which what are you working on? Pretty sure I seen you post some ethiopian gear the other day but I've got the worst stoner memory ever.

ULMW

greetings

greetings

Thanks guys and I haven't made hash from any seeded plant before. The mildly seeded girls get chopped up like normal and vaped while the heavily seeded ones get put through a sieve and then usually turned into oil once the seeds have been separated.

I'm glad to hear you're into the breeding side of things too. Like you said it really is essential these days that more of us do it and work on our own gear. Speaking of which what are you working on? Pretty sure I seen you post some ethiopian gear the other day but I've got the worst stoner memory ever.

Greetings and warm thanks for the reply. Oil hey? sounds yummy. I was thinking of dry sift hash as you separate for seeds. I find it a great bonus to seed sifting ! Yes I have Ethiopian about to finish up and then there are a couple of freebies I had a G13 Labs Blue OG which is very close too. Lovely aromas ! Also in the freebies was a delicious seeds Northern Lights Auto Blue. not far behind her is a Original Skunk #1 fem from Seedsman as I had not had her in over 20 years. I thought the NL and the SK would be a walk down memory lane of recent classics. Also they balance out the grow with the sativa nicely as the harvest are earlier it frees up tent space to rotate a couple crosses. Having said that I then found Ace and placed a big seed order as the memory lane I was lookign for was clear and abundantly in their catalog. So with the summer ahead I am trying a zamaldelica and testing a Thai Chiang Mai X KaliChina both are fem and indoors in coco as I have limited space her to grow compared to my farming outdoors for many many years. II am now very familiar with my tent and set up and am achieving good results so am trying these seeds this time and am already loving the results even of the seedlings. Good genes and good vibes and great customer service grow support via Ace Seeds and Dubi. Plus all the decent growers on here that lend support and strength it is very nice to behold.
So I also had to run a couple of Summer Autos so chose the Cannabiogen Auto CBG , would have gone with Ace's new auto had I known .
Then I had been viewing the other seeds I have and the varieties and thought that the standard violeta freebies could get a place in the tent . So I germed one Violeta reg, so we may get a male, if so I will stud him. Separated this time as I want to observe the plants take a full cycle in my tent before breeding but having said that what will be will be... If Violeta is female then she goes into flower tent with the others in 3 or 4 weeks time. I Keep updating my posts and albums.
Happy growing !!!

Latest posts

Latest posts