What's new

Seed depot closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip

Veteran
skip how do you feel about the Breeders who knew that fakes were being sold under their brand name and said nothing?
Didn't happen on icmag (or the boo or the bay for that matter) so none of my biz. Although if you read the previous post, JB was supposed to have purchased seeds from some wholesaler, so that one vendor didn't know they were fakes. JB may have stolen some of Gypsy's stock to get his seedbank off the ground, because some have said he sold beans that were never sent to him. Or he could've just sent out fakes? Who knows?

One thing to consider, that you will see more of in the future: fakes and beans where they don't belong.

Beans are commodities that will be bought and sold on a biz-to-biz basis, esp. as more seed banks go under.

So you can expect to see many strains in unexpected places in the future.

But as to whether they're real or not, this is where vendor loyalty will breed customer loyalty.

If breeders stay in one place, it will provide greater guarantees of quality and security for everyone. Customers will know what to expect, fewer disappointments all around.

Once you start slinging beans to B and C grade seed shops, your rep may go down with them.

BTW there are now dozens of seed shops in the UK.

But do you know which one was the first?

As far as I know, it was opened by a pioneering man named Gypsy Nirvana who successfully navigated all the legal issues involved in doing a seed biz in the UK. (if I'm wrong do correct me)

All the rest are clones. Once he led the way it was all too easy for others to copy.

Last edited:

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
how can one tell if infected?

and what does the infection mean?

have good anti virus and malware software installed this should be standard practise for anyone on the internet
esp if they are searching for subjects deemed illegal like growing cannabis
lots of dodgy sites out there and lots of other "Innocent" ones hacked but unaware :tiphat:

would you have unprotected sex with a $10 hooker, spend a few bucks on decent antivirus software same thing

if you think you are infected you need to get your computer scanned with antivirus / malware software and remove it

Skip

Veteran
The last time I saw a hack like the one on RIU, it brought up a small window, that when you click, it downloads a trojan. However the couple of times I noticed it on RIU, I was out of there before anything could load up. So I don't know if this is similar or not. But the solution is the same regardless, root-kit scan.

tokinblackguy

For a community that prides itself on unity, we sure do fight and bicker like bitches. The truth is, we're no different than any other community on the net, the only thing we have in common is that we all like weed. Contrary to popular belief, growing and smoking did not magically make us more tolerant and understanding of others, we are no better than them, we just like to think we are.

I've joined or been apart of just about every weed community there was and honestly, nothing has really changed. Every member of every board thinks there board is the best and many talk down about other boards on the regular. I never did that sort of thing, I joined other forums in the quest for more info and/or seeds, not because I was rubbed the wrong way by another forum. Live, learn, and move the fuck on. No need to keep slinging mud, it's so childish. The fact is every board on the net has done things one could consider "shady", every single one and that's a FACT.

For the record, I'm not taking sides or anything, just a little tired of the "I am holier than thou" mentality that's been running rampant lately. What ever happened to just growing and sharing your experiences? It's just weed, put your dicks away already.

Cannavore

Veteran
Yes, not only were some breeders warned, but some had inside info and kept quiet for selfish reasons (like JB threats). Yet, we here at ICMag were supposed to know all about this and give even more public warnings?

Some vendors and customers tried to warn, but were banned or threads were deleted there (I thought they didn't ban ppl on TSD? Another lie...)

Meanwhile some mods and members over there made us into pariahs just so TSD would draw more traffic from icmag.

During all that time, the staff here acted professionally. We only acted when JBs minions appeared here to spam or bad mouth us, as they continue to do... And some are trying to get you folks to go to other seedbanks now. Are you still going to trust them?

I followed a single breeder to TSD originally because he isn't offered here. Which isn't a big deal cause I have no problem going where he goes.
But I completely understand IC's position on this situation, if you guys did any thing more publicly you could have lost people to this scamming fuck. Like I said I thought the whole thieving conman thing was just bad blood from JB being staff here and never took it seriously.

As for people being banned over there for trying to warn the forum members about this... That was nothing ive ever seen. Only people I saw get banned were people who continuously rambled on about politics, and people who posted in the Gypsy thread over there.

The only people who ever spoke about IC negatively over there (not going name names) were the people who were for whatever reason, banned over here. You could tell because almost every one of their posts referenced you or these boards.

Personally I always posted seedbay links at TSD, there was no censorship towards other seedbanks there so all seedbanks and breeders were topic of conversation.
I followed friends who dont post here to another forum yes, but majority of my seed orders always come from here. Seedbay has the best shipping in the biz. And now that SB carries bodhi seeds it'll be even better.:tiphat:

Happy new year

Oh and I noticed the same thing about RIU a few days ago. It was taking me to another site when I was google searching some stuff that was on riu.

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
As far as I know, it was opened by a pioneering man named Gypsy Nirvana who successfully navigated all the legal issues involved in doing a seed biz in the UK. (if I'm wrong do correct me)

All the rest are clones. Once he led the way it was all too easy for others to copy.

not quite accurate, there were a few places selling seeds (herbal / head shops like the Tattoo shop)
but as far as I know Gypsy was the first to sell worldwide
before that all the shops I know would not ship abroad from the Uk and only a few Dutch sites would sell to the Uk but not the US
thats why Gypsy got most of the Dutch breeders on board he would ship where they would not :tiphat:

but yes he set the trend

tokinblackguy

Alls I know is the bodhi beans I bought from there better not be fakes...LOL

And for anyone looking for excellent anti-virus software, check out Comodo Anti-Virus or Comodo Internet Security if you'd like a good firewall to go with it. They're both FREE and consistently get high marks with just about every security testing site out there. A little more technical than say Norton's but well worth it if you take the time to get familiar with the settings. Out the box settings work well too but much more powerful with custom settings. Also look into malwarebytes for quick scans and a second line of defense. From my experience, it doesn't interfere with other anti-virus software you may be running. If anyone needs any help setting it up, drop me a pm and I'll do what I can do guide you through.

Skip

Veteran
Cannivore said:
I thought the whole thieving conman thing was just bad blood from JB being staff here and never took it seriously.
FYI, the words "thieving con-man" is how Gypsy himself described JB, and that's why it was used to replace the name of JBs site when people spammed for him on icmag.

Gypsy authorized that because he wanted people to be warned. But we could not make a public statement as explained before.

Those who were banned for spreading JBs spam were the ones who spread lies, who came back to icmag (under other identities) and continued to troll, with the goal of getting more ppl to leave icmag and go over to TSD.

Bad mouthing people does work in the short run...

That's why I have little patience for it or for trolls.

I've been doing this (administering social networks) way too long, so if you get in my face with bs, look out!

Yes, that's my attitude, so if you don't like it, it's simple, don't get in my face with bs... and you'll have a great time on icmag! :)

I'm just one person among many great people who contribute to this website.

Making a scapegoat out of me to drive people elsewhere is an old tired tactic, used by those who stand to profit from it.

Last edited:

symbiote420

Veteran
For a community that prides itself on unity, we sure do fight and bicker like bitches. The truth is, we're no different than any other community on the net, the only thing we have in common is that we all like weed. Contrary to popular belief, growing and smoking did not magically make us more tolerant and understanding of others, we are no better than them, we just like to think we are.

I've joined or been apart of just about every weed community there was and honestly, nothing has really changed. Every member of every board thinks there board is the best and many talk down about other boards on the regular. I never did that sort of thing, I joined other forums in the quest for more info and/or seeds, not because I was rubbed the wrong way by another forum. Live, learn, and move the fuck on. No need to keep slinging mud, it's so childish. The fact is every board on the net has done things one could consider "shady", every single one and that's a FACT.

For the record, I'm not taking sides or anything, just a little tired of the "I am holier than thou" mentality that's been running rampant lately. What ever happened to just growing and sharing your experiences? It's just weed, put your dicks away already.

Amen to that Toke ....the realest shit ever said bro!

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
another biologial ponzy scheme in the cannabisuness?

i am shocked lol

med-man

mack 10

Veteran
Fake seeds, and you knew? why not say anything.
if anyone tried to copy my work with cheap as fakes
I would be pissed.
Fair play you have stepped up now to replace them.
and you didn't actually do the scam but you did find out,
and kept quiet
I wonder if karma will indeed be a bitch.

On a more positive note,
Happy new year IC!

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
that place had bad vibes through out,, i just wish that when JB was being called a thieving conman it would have been clearer he was the one being referenced because i couldn't tell.

As has been said i hope this is a good lesson for all.

Skip

Veteran
i just wish that when JB was being called a thieving conman it would have been clearer he was the one being referenced because i couldn't tell.

This is another, admittedly subtle warning that was given regarding TSD and other seed banks four months ago:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=269532

Any website that uses Google and Facebook tracking isn't doing you any favors protecting your privacy. They are basically exchanging your metadata (including your IP# and pages you visited) for a higher ranking on google and more traffic to their Facebook page. That data is then easily accessible by the DEA/NSA Security/Industrial Complex, sacrificing your security and privacy for profit. You didn't have click or post anything on TSD to be subject to this tracking. Just visiting the site was enough to have your visit and pages viewed recorded by Google & Facebook, and therefore the NSA/DEA.

How many of you "LIKED" TSD on Facebook?

Yup, you touted them to others!

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
when JB was working with us he wanted FB and twitter I was totally against it thankfully It never happened

No, I didn't know he was sending out anything. I just got a list of stock from the distributor of what TSD ordered since May. There are only 6 packs listed. So the last 8 months , we thought he was ordering from the distributor. He asked to run a promo in late July- August , I said sure. Why not. (hell, he just asked to do an xmas promo the 1st week of Dec.) And If an issue with a TSD order arose, I'd email JB ask him to replace something.
But then , I started started getting emails from people in the last 3-4 weeks who sent cash or money order and heard nothing from TSD. I got the surgery story. I waited... I forward the customers emails to him asking. Then all hell broke loose and I started asking questions.

My issues before that was not related to fake anything.. it was not distributing correctly, orders missing items, quality control... So I asked around.. Clarence, a few bigger seed co. and found another distributor. went got the stock late april and started fixing distributor stuff since then. And changed distributors. WHICH is WHERE TSD should have bought their stock. The only thing before this was that TSD was unorganized, loose seeds everywhere, people coming and going, he said back in July he had an internal thief, that took about $30000. in stock and ran with it to Argentina. That he (JB) hired a lawyer to get the seeds back. And he said he did. Who's I have no idea, did it happen, IDK, if they were stolen , did the real ones get returned? The guy that helped on the forums interplanet.... something, is the alleged thief.. My biggest problem was when someone had an issue this summer, getting him to resend something was like pulling teeth. He would say that customer is a scammer, or they do this all the time. I always told him to replace.

I still have those emails. My last chat with JB took place 3 days ago, I used my I phone to take pics of the conversation. He said he had contacted all the breeders and is in the process of returning their stock. That doesn't seem the case. Old Pink is going to look at them, because JB said,.. "he shut down because he has a federal indictment, link to the gypsy case" that he was just told of it andthat there is a RAT. Ratting out seed companies.
Only thing is, from what I understand they DON"T tell you your indicted, they just come get you.

I feel bad, I didn't say anything this summer about the state of his office or people. But he said he was fixing things. Also, in this community if you accuse/say negative anyone of anything people either say you're bullshitting and covering your ass or that you're just a complainer. But I HAD no idea he sent out fake.

JB owes RD nothing, so I'm only giving info because he did a horrible thing and owes all those breeders money.
To the guy hiring the PI... PM me, I'll give you some info.

Old pink I'll send you the conversation now.

Fake seeds, and you knew? why not say anything.
if anyone tried to copy my work with cheap as fakes
I would be pissed.
Fair play you have stepped up now to replace them.
and you didn't actually do the scam but you did find out,
and kept quiet
I wonder if karma will indeed be a bitch.

On a more positive note,
Happy new year IC!

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
what should be on the table is how do breeders seed vendors and seed vending sites move forward in such a way this shit doesnt happen anymore?

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what should be on the table is how do breeders seed vendors and seed vending sites move forward in such a way this shit doesnt happen anymore?

Perhaps one could support a "known" and not buy into "Hype".

Tell the breeders that have flavors,you want and not found at the bou/bay to
Get on board and allow you to support your site that makes a difference and your breeder that makes a difference,at the same time.

Your $ makes the difference. . IMO that is. ...:alien:ruff. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts