What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seed depot closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

theJointedOne

Veteran
Rollitup, he runs all the sites. He used them all for damage control.

Many people were aware of this but once he had their personal information he blackmailed them. Notice whenever someone would call out potpimp or cannazon or seed depot you would have one of the above names rushing into defense mode. Slandering anyone who would post negative information about any of the sites he ran.

Never had a problem with the zon...why the heck you bring them up makes no sense as they always have breederpacks only and send out hella freebies. great site imo, and proud to have them as part of the community, along with sb/sb ect.

Skip

Veteran
Crashpad said:
Notice whenever someone would call out potpimp or cannazon or seed depot you would have one of the above names rushing into defense mode.

TheJointedOne said:
Never had a problem with the zon...why the heck you bring them up makes no sense as they always have breederpacks only and send out hella freebies. great site imo, and proud to have them as part of the community, along with sb/sb ect.

TJO, You just proved Crash Pad right...(although you weren't mentioned)

And please no mentions of other seed banks here.

Last edited:
I most certainly was mentioned.. by name..

Right above in his post.. and only am defending myself, and my friends. Not J.B.. the other place, whom I will not mention by name, as you requested.. has Zero to do with the other. I can understand the need of wanting to vent about getting ripped off.. and it''s great that this thread exists. People need to know the truth.

I did my research to the most of my limited capability before joining TSD.. and tried to find information regarding J.B as I knew he was a member here.. the most I could come up with, was that he was an IT guy here, and disappeared out of the blue.. found zero information that would have led me to believe he was not credible.

I recommend that when the dust settles and this topic dies down and becomes a dead subject.. that it stay on the server as a warning to others about the kind of scumbag this guy turned out to be.

RedEyedNReady

Who ever said, "...a watched pot never boils." is
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can't thank IC enough. Clarence in particular. He gave me the heads up on this whole thing long ago. I'm very thankful for the whole crew here at icmag. Clarence, THANK YOU! So glad I never chose to vend with them. IC is where it's at

Skip

Veteran
Batman, my comment was directed at the Jointed One who came in and defended the other sites mentioned.

LOL... okay thanks Skip.. That original post by Crashpad just got me a little rattled. I saw more like that on another site this morning.

I must say that I mostly enjoyed the time spent being a forum moderator over at TSD, even tho it did take a huge chuck of my free time.. I got to know and help many of the members with all sorts of things.. many of these people float back and forth across the other sites on the internet. There's a lot of nice people in general on these forums. There are plenty of generous folk too that will go outta their way to help others and just spread good information and experiences regarding growing, the genetics, and all things concerned relating to the plant. There will also always be more John Bourne's out there trying to take advantage of people like us. Experiences like this truly suck but they help arm us with the knowledge we need to hopefully WEED the bad guys out in future days to come.

CrashPad

I wonder why three seed banks that were created after potpimp all used that old server. CZ,Nettics ect.

Oh thats right, mr.c used it.

theJointedOne

Veteran
TJO, You just proved Crash Pad right...(although you weren't mentioned)

And please no mentions of other seed banks here.

No i didnt rush in to defend any 'sites' plural....

I just dont want our members who visit this thread to be confused as to who is and who is not to be trusted.

I could give a rats ass about tsd, I know Jah will do his works so I have no worries, but for some dude with 0 posts to throw a site that many of us here use and enjoy under the bus with tsd was something i felt needed to be called out.

Simple as that

Skip

Veteran
No i didnt rush in to defend any 'sites' plural....

I just dont want our members who visit this thread to be confused as to who is and who is not to be trusted.

I could give a rats ass about tsd, I know Jah will do his works so I have no worries, but for some dude with 0 posts to throw a site that many of us here use and enjoy under the bus with tsd was something i felt needed to be called out.

Simple as that
This thread is NOT about other seedbanks, not even Gypsy's, yet certain people from TSD still want to bash us...(lookit all the bad reps given out in this thread to our members who are trying to tell the truth) How sad.

Many still believe some of the BS that was said about us over there.

For the last time, stay on topic folks!

Aka. Mrs RD.
I did not JB owes me $$. I never said bunk seeds. I question was ..
After we went to the seed depot office and took every pack of Rare Dankness back in April. And went to a real distributor. Clarence can verify this. Also the seeds are not outsourced.
How the hell did tsd continue to sell rare Dankness. He could not have. He didn't have the stock. So for the last 6 months or so I've been trying to fix it.
And I too feel bad , that I didn't speak up this summer. But I think all the breeders wanted to handle it privately.
Also to the breeders that are owned money. He said he had contacted all of you to set up payment arrangements. I had made a public post that he did not like. And he emailed me.
1 can breeder say that this is true.
2. If not. Is it bad taste to post up the encrypted chat we has 3 days ago that I photos the conversation. To have as a back up to what he said.
3. Because his excuse has to do with gypsy. I say it's bull shit. .

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
2. If not. Is it bad taste to post up the encrypted chat we has 3 days ago that I photos the conversation. To have as a back up to what he said.

Post that fucker up. If it's objectionable, it won't be there long.

Morcheeba*

Veteran
...JB is a textbook case of how to be unprofessional.

But hey, I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt, and I still do...

its none of my business but WHY after the knowledge of jb thieving would you give him the benefit of doubt?

I may get banned but it shows a lack of character or your part IMO.

I too cant wait till full legalization so all the shady people will be ousted and the community as a whole will be much better.

peace

Aka. Mrs RD.
I did not JB owes me $$. I never said bunk seeds. I question was ..
After we went to the seed depot office and took every pack of Rare Dankness back in April. And went to a real distributor. Clarence can verify this. Also the seeds are not outsourced.
How the hell did tsd continue to sell rare Dankness. He could not have. He didn't have the stock. So for the last 6 months or so I've been trying to fix it.
And I too feel bad , that I didn't speak up this summer. But I think all the breeders wanted to handle it privately.
Also to the breeders that are owned money. He said he had contacted all of you to set up payment arrangements. I had made a public post that he did not like. And he emailed me.

So are you saying the BOGO they/you did in June was done w fake seeds?

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
if you notice Skip said Gave not give
we are talking past tense here

Karmabitch feel free to PM me the info and I'll see if its Ok to post it

Skip

Veteran
its none of my business but WHY after the knowledge of jb thieving would you give him the benefit of doubt?

I may get banned but it shows a lack of character or your part IMO.

I too cant wait till full legalization so all the shady people will be ousted and the community as a whole will be much better.

peace
I already explained that the seed biz is a difficult one, probably about 10x harder now than a few years ago to succeed.

TSD's problems seemed to begin with the loss of the ability to process CCs. I don't know if this extended to issues with money orders, but being able to process CCs is critical to nearly every biz these days.

TSD was growing very fast, meaning JB was ordering more and more beans. With the sudden loss of CC processing (if that is indeed the case), it might've become impossible to meet his obligations.

Of course none of that excuses his behavior afterwards (or before), but the economics of the industry means there will be a lot more failures. There are simply too many seed vendors for all of them to survive. So circumstances beyond JBs control may have led to the end of TSD, rather than a plot from the beginning. But who knows for sure? That's why I say there is still some doubt.

So my advice to vendors is to pick a couple of long standing highly rated seedbanks and stick with them. People will find you and you'll have less competition. But most importantly you won't be putting yourself and your customers at risk of a scenario like TSD. Plus you don't need to make as many shipments which might get lost or lead to a bust.

And of course if you keep your beans in just one or two places - YOU'LL GET PAID MUCH FASTER than if your beans are spread across numerous websites, which sell far fewer in the same period than one or two seed banks would.

I'm truly amazed at the disloyalty shown by many breeders to those who helped them get started. But that's not our topic here (or is it?)

BTW, this is just my 2 cents, since I have nothing to do with breeding or beans, but can see the writing on the wall for many seed banks. It's just going to get worse for many until the shakeup is over.

Morcheeba*

Veteran
if you notice Skip said Gave not give
we are talking past tense here

its the 'and I still do' that it present tense.

if it was mistyped then my bad but if not my statement still stands.

peace

EDIT: and I do appreciate what ICMAG and its community has given me as I grow in a non med state so its not easy to find those who are willing to help id where you can become a better grower so a big Thank You to all who make the site happen.

L

lemongrove

I been on this planet for over half a century and have dealt with all types of people. I've been ripped off before, for a couple of thousand dollars once. Won a case in court and never did get paid. Wanted to kill the guy and was bitter as hell for a long time.
So what did I learn? You have to keep dealing with people so it pretty much comes down to trying to get a read on the person and if it looks good, you give him a shot. I'm fairly new around here but I had purchased from the Bay before I had ever joined this community. I had no issues with the deal and was very pleased. Gave it another go and had an issue. My payment never arrived. I waited the appropriate time and contacted Clarence. He told me to wait longer because the mail service in the UK is, for want of a better description, fucked up. At that point I could have gone off the handle, called him a bunch of names and ruined the relationship. I instead waited the time he asked me to wait, contacted him again and asked him if he had seen my payment. He had and not but told me not to worry and that he would take care of me. He ended up sending me half of what I ordered, plus about 20 more freebie seeds. I found my receipt for my money order about a month later, I thought it was long gone but found it in between seats in my truck and got most of my money back.
So the moral of the story is, we get burned,we try again and try to be the best possible person we can be in dealing with others and hope that they will behave the same. I was fortunate in finding a person who behaved decently towards me when I behaved decently towards him.
I know it kills Clarence to not process orders the way he would want to with credit cards and I could feel how upset he was that my payment was not getting to him. I know he's not here to rip people off and I know it bothers him when things aren't working out. I know the situation is not the way he would like it and I know it's not the way I'd like it. Hell I'd love to place a credit card order, know the money is there right away and know my purchase is going to be sent out in a couple of days. He'd like it that way and I'd like it that way. You know what though? I love it that I'm dealing with a guy who cares and who treated me so well. It's hard to find that these days where it seems that everyone is in it for themselves and if they have to screw someone over to get theirs, they will.
I finished my last transaction with Clarence thinking I'd made a friend and hell I'll take that over a smooth business transaction any day of the week. So my next order will be going to the Bay. It will probably be a roller coaster ride because for some reason the postal workers over there can't seem to keep their grubby mitts off of other people's property. Fuck um'. They aren't going to deter me. If they do fuck me again my buddy on the other end will come through. He has proven himself worthy of my trust and I love that.

stickshift

ANYONE WHO VISITED TSD in the final days when the site redirected your browser to another page, you may have picked up a nasty virus! You should probably do a root kit scan for your own peace of mind.

you get the same sort of thing now at RIU.

I'm truly amazed at the disloyalty shown by many breeders to those who helped them get started. But that's not our topic here (or is it?)

is that not a 2 way thing, you need bean sellers and they need to sell, therefore you should have a mutual respect, now I'm only going on what I have heard from seed sellers, where by it's mostly a 1 way street.. I would of thought a seller wants to get them beans to as many people as possible, if people (customers) move to another site surely it make sense to take some business there, maybe you need to address when so many members just felt they needed to up and leave at the drop of a hat?

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.