second led run

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Invisible illumination!

Invisible illumination!

"I just try stuff-take notes-and hopefully find something that works well"

A man after my own heart.

I'm not a fan of UVb, but I like your approach.
Most of the degradation effects are avoided by shutting it off for the last 2 weeks. Never occured to me.
Also, running it just throught the noon hours is good thinking.
I never saw any benefit to it personally.
But I hadn't applied it that intelligently either.
Good work brah.:respect:

Old Mac is doing a run without the UVb as a potency check.

My potency jumped after removing my all day, full term UVb.
Now I'm wondering if it was just the last 2 weeks exposure that overcooked the trichs.:chin:

Hmmm. Will have more clues when O. M.'s results are in.

Thanks for this.
Got me thinkin' again.

Weezard
<wanders off, stage left, muttering quietly>

bf74

"I just try stuff-take notes-and hopefully find something that works well"

A man after my own heart.

I'm not a fan of UVb, but I like your approach.
Most of the degradation effects are avoided by shutting it off for the last 2 weeks. Never occured to me.
Also, running it just throught the noon hours is good thinking.
I never saw any benefit to it personally.
But I hadn't applied it that intelligently either.
Good work brah.:respect:

Old Mac is doing a run without the UVb as a potency check.

My potency jumped after removing my all day, full term UVb.
Now I'm wondering if it was just the last 2 weeks exposure that overcooked the trichs.:chin:

Hmmm. Will have more clues when O. M.'s results are in.

Thanks for this.
Got me thinkin' again.

Weezard
<wanders off, stage left, muttering quietly>
Thank you my fellow led nut.I've had uvb on the brain the last few grows, and hopefully this approach will get me closer to maximizing the potential of this iffy light.I figure- 2 weeks into flowering is "safe"- earlier than this has caused strange twisted growth, as if the leaves were cooking from the inside out.And at first it was on for 12 hours-the girls hated it, cut it back to 6-much better, the plants stopped running away from the light.But 4... faster development all the way around-weird.Hopefully replicating, in my own half ass way-the blaring, uvb soaked light of high noon.When that little 52 watts of uvb is burning, I dont go anywhere near the tent..Another half-ass theory-I think the glands have simply had enough of the destructive light, and the point of diminishing returns has been reached.When I was running the light 12 hours all the way through the grow-through my little digital microscope-I could see cloudy, burned out trichs at week 6, even though the rest of the plant was 2 weeks away, normally, from that critical point.Take it light Weeze- happy travels

U

unthing

Todays picture:

picture.php

About the uv..interesting stuff, keeping an eye on that too..

bf74

looks great unthing, the uv thing is still up in the air.I'm waiting on old macs report. If you're thinking about adding some uvb-petsmart sells the bulbs-Reptiglows-they come in UVB-2,5, and 10-the strongest, and the kind I've been using.They're like 15 bucks and last about 6 months, so it's a cheap experiment at least.My take on it is that mj has grown outdoors under the big bad uvb-we made it worse of course- and apparentrly has adapted well to the stressor- Freud coined the term eustress(good stress) and I think that maybe uvb(indoors in small amounts) could be that eustress.BTW-Freud attached applied this term to people-I applied it to plants-dont want to piss off any psychoanalyst's. Ah, but the fun is not knowing.

bf74

But the burning question is - why can mj take the blaring outside uvb, but a couple of uvb cfls turned on for too long can really wreak havok on your crops? These seemingly mundane questions sometimes keep me up at night.

U

unthing

Questions, yes.

I'm not gonna add uv as of now, but I'm very interested with people experimenting with it.

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
But the burning question is - why can mj take the blaring outside uvb, but a couple of uvb cfls turned on for too long can really wreak havok on your crops? These seemingly mundane questions sometimes keep me up at night.

It's a change from the usual run
to sit, and turn brown in the sun.
But, if you're exposed too long:hotbounce
do you still consider it fun? -Chad & Jeremy

So, get some sleep, brah. :D

Aloha
Weeze

U

unthing

Light off pic of the small panel undergoings. zamals and bubbas, chemmy in the far-right corner, Grenadella cuts on right. Preparing for next run. Papaya that was male got the chop because of lack of space and interest.

picture.php

Besides taking cuts from grenadella's undergrowth naturally did some trimming too, balanced plants to an even level. Grape krush has a nice coffee kind-of smell coming, maybe some afgani-parent ghost there?

U

unthing

Put pandaplastic on top of them small ones. The little cab is pretty occupied now. I want to point out this isn't any complete veg solution rather than keeping them just alive.

Didn't take pics of bigger ones as they went to sleep before I was able to take pics. Pistils forming and grape krush is forming heads of coming smallish tops. Smells rather nice as I've mentioned before. Grenadella has a quite sweet scent and wreck is indicaish thick smell but with some sweet hint. Some trimming and tieing is still to be done, but gonna be away couple of days so after that.

picture.php

Bad pic makes it look darker.

nice work! loving the led grow. looks like ya got a lot of strains to have fun with too. ill be keeping an eye on this. been looking into led's for a while, and they are getting cheaper and cheaper to build.

U

unthing

Thanks GreenScr,Bf74 and Cheesebuds

Morning shot of them:

picture.php

Made a mistake of letting them dry while I was away, but they're looking perky again after watering. Sometimes summertimes do that to me, better be more focused..

Thought about hanging the t5s vertically, but cab size really didn't allow any good way to do it. Too much light on containers, then thought about sides, but hanging them above was easisest solution.

And yeah, I like variation, if I had the space I'd be running dozens and dozens of strains, but wouldn't we all:).

U

unthing

The complete set, about 3 weeks of 12/12, plants evened out, biggest one 45 cm and the shortest about 30 cm, so that's rougly 1,1 and 1 foot heights. 7 grenadella cuts rooted too. Probably putting some of them to 3rd run when it happens.

picture.php

U

unthing

Thanks cheese

Plants booming along, here's a pic of grape krush forming flowers, small but tight flowers.

picture.php

U

unthing

Thanks Weezard, how's your projects doing?

plants today

picture.php

I also made dryshift from wreck, the shaked and grinded buds will used to make cookies so hopelly any remaining residue can be put to butter.

picture.php

U

unthing

yep

yep

Plants and lamps, thinking of starting the flushing within a week so that they would get yellow before the chop, which I suspect to be in the first weeks of september.

picture.php

And here's Grape krush showing some hint of fall colors.

picture.php