What's new

second led run

U

unthing

Hi StickyFingers,thanks and that apollo grow was nice, checked it before the purchase. I've been thinking about additional lights and such, but for now the single source is simplest solution. I like the idea that I can grow something with 90 watts. Probably eventually gonna move to more powerful or mixed system.

U

unthing

Hmm, those t5s are starting to grow on me. As the last run was far from perfect it bugged me to do it better this time with same light setup, but..Thinking about it.

U

unthing

+fluoro

+fluoro

I added two 14 watt t5s in there, much easier to see and fuller spectre. 2xbubblegums, grape krush and trainwreck as confirmed females and the still unknown grenadella. Hopefully 12/12 can be started in 2-3 weeks.

picture.php

The rest we're put under small light to wait for now, cuts in the front going to other place and the plants in the back ( left-papaya, right-chem dd) are still unsexed and at least couple weeks behind the so I dediced that they could wait in a kinda quasi-perpetual veg state.

picture.php

U

unthing

Grenadella seems girly now that I checked first pre-flowers with loupe and 30x pocket microscope, but in couple days I can confirm it. That would be nice and adds little variation to indica-dominant strain set.

U

unthing

Yep

Yep

picture.php

Bubblegums fastest of the bunch now. Saw another girlylooking preflower, but have to wait for the (possible) hairs to show. Plants feeling better after the transplant, showed some deficiencies in small pots, expect the bgums, which were green even in them.

Look into UFO setup; unless it's been proven otherwise on these forums, I was under the impression that a UFO light had to be set up further above the plants to allow the 2 or 3 different color diodes to blend their light. Am I wrong on this? Cuz if I am I'm dropping my UFO closer to my plants :)

U

unthing

Hi

Pallidus, At least to me the ufos have such wide lenses that you can put them pretty close.

U

unthing

Started training with bgums, as that pheno isn't as bushy as the rest of the plants. no wonder they're bigger with 4x longer internodes, but hopefully training will fix some of that. Thinking of germinating some seeds too.

picture.php

U

unthing

Thanks cheesebuds

Gonna train the rest too. I'll probably flower with 4 plants as grenadella is now confirmed to be female(of course there is possibility of balls in flower, but let's hope not) so one the bgums is going to be given to friend. Not sure how long the veg is gonna take as I want to have even canopy of green before starting blooming. Need to lower the lamp(s) too.

U

unthing

Thanks cracker

Raised the plants closer to the light and gave them some water and ferts.
picture.php

U

unthing

Yeah, bit too many under there. but at least one is given away as soon as friend finishes recent bloom cycle. Aiming to flower the 4 different strains 'cuz variety is nice, not gonna let them grow too big, more training to follow, but I agree that one plant run with scrog could be more efficient use of the light, or microsog.

U

unthing

Papaya seems to be male, but i'll know for sure in couple of days. Might get rid of it or collect pollen to make some seeds (bubblegum x papaya maybe). We'll see.

U

unthing

It's a boy.

It's a boy.

Yeah, one more to go, the chemmy d isn't telling yet, but it has time as it won't fit this run anyway.

chemdog d diesel

picture.php

It's about time to take some cuts

picture.php

Uh, and forgot to answer one question: I don't think I need to put it much closer for growing good veg foliage, in bloom that's another thing of course. The lamp is just millimeters away from the top edge of picture.

Desert Dan

Veteran
Unthing,

This is the first time I have seen someone grow with a UFO... I think that is amazing growth for only 90w... Just curious what space you have it in and how much heat it puts off? Would two of these run cooler than a 150w hps?

U

unthing

Hi

can't really tell 'cuz never owned 150 hps, but that would be lot cheaper and proven to work than 2 ufos. And I have now to 14 w t5s on the side, so it's total of 118 watts (counting the ufo as 90 w, even when it might draw only 75w).