What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Search for a SDibl x CJ (home made cross) Keeper

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
haha i know this. have the same problem with my 2 rabbits. beside the leaves they're eating everything - wallpaper, rubber, toiletpaper.
just everything. they even nibbled my homebox. little bastards. :D

that sdxcj smoke sounds really good. have fun watching inception. it's a nice movie. nothing special but ok. :)

was a cool movie. been very strict with my cats since the last break in they managed. but slowly the plants will be big enough to be able to spare a fan leaf here and there, lol. i have a feeling it helps to keep their fur in good condition when they munch fan leaves. they really seem to miss it when i have no big plants going :laughing:

Looking forward to the show gaius. You mentioned it being easy to start seeds in rockwool. I'm going to be starting 4 fem'd trainwreck seeds in rockwool before they go into netpots for DWC.

When did you start adding nutrients to your water? Would this be different at all with rockwool? My current plan is PH'd distilled water for germination, bubbled PH'd tapwater until true leaves are visible, and then 1/8th nutes until I decide to up to 1/4, etc.

i like the rw cubes cause i can leave them in a tray in a puddle and they still have enough air. the puddle evaporates in a few hours. i like being able to just water them all with a hose and not worry about picking each cube up, i just saturate them all. in the beginning my theory is that the wet cube helps the seedling to crack the skin of the seed, because it's been soaking. once the cubes are saturated you can go 3 or 4 days till you need to water again. after a while i will split the ones with roots coming out the bottom from the ones that still haven't rooted out the bottom. those later ones will be left with no water as long as possible to push them to make the roots finally show at the bottom, while the rooted ones get saturated without individual checking.

i tend to wait with feeding till the first set of 3 finger leaves are developing nicely. but then i normally start with 1/4 dose, with canna coco a +b that means 1 ml per lt ec 0.7 or 0.8

sorry for the lengthy reply, hope you can use some of it, lol.

No I can definitely use it, thanks for the info gaius. There seems to be so much info on clones from RW, but not much on seeds. Just people's failed 2 week grow logs that have been kind of disheartening me.

The one question I have though: waiting until 3 finger leaves. Would you use distilled water, or bubbled tap? Because if the water is distilled, wouldn't the plants be growing in a totally inert environment until then? That would mean that they had to have everything available to them from the initial seed (aside from water). A plant with 3 fingers just seems awfully big for having received nothing but water and what was in the seed.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
, i use tap water which has ec 0.3 to start with. and i'm not sure when i first added some rhizotonic, then started adding nutes. the important thing is to let the seed pop and open her real leaves before you think of giving food. my normal runs are with clones, thats where i can do it in my sleep. but that's a different story. but thinking things through, i'd probably go with ec 0.6 as of the second set of real leaves on the seedling and go to ec 0.8 as of the third set.

T

tea

hey marius
nice project with very interesting genetic:good:
i sit down in the first line and wish you fat&rock hard buds like potatoes:D

cya, tea:wave:

Thanks for the info gaius. They're germing now with small cracks and slivers of tails potruding, and I'll be moving to RW tomorrow.

KarmasWheele

Veteran
hey nice thread.......with the casey being 1/2 sour dieselv3 this cross to the sd ibl should put out some very sour diesel type plant's and the search for keepers should be relativly easy....

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
this cross realy sounds sweet....i have a cj and a sd mum and love them....may i should mix up a both in a lil spiff

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
greetings my fellow cannabis enthusiasts...

greetings my fellow cannabis enthusiasts...

hey marius
nice project with very interesting genetic:good:
i sit down in the first line and wish you fat&rock hard buds like potatoes:D

cya, tea:wave:

there was 1 pheno last time that did have incredibly hard compact buds, this plant had such a strong indica dom that you'd think you were smoking the afghani. but at the same time it had a fuel kinda smell and taste. some how less sour then all the others. i'd be sooooo happy if i can find that one again in this batch. the others all had a more clasic SD taste and smell, some stronger some less, some fluffy as hell, while others were normal in bud structure, 1 pheno had buds made of of clasic sat calyx towers, swollen indvidual calyxes, totally airy. so yes i am very interested to see what i get this round, i just hope i didn't use all my keeper luck last round lol.

Thanks for the info gaius. They're germing now with small cracks and slivers of tails potruding, and I'll be moving to RW tomorrow.

glad it's going well. i didn't crack the seeds before hand, just stuck mine 2-3 mm under the surface and made sure they stayed quite damp till they popped the surface. but popping them in water before hand seems to get a higher germ rate, the trouble is, i lose that advantage by killing them off with my clumsy fingers trying to plant them without harming them, lol. i'lll be glad when i can moan about clones not rooting like everyone, rather then having to admit trouble with popping seeds rofl.

hey nice thread.......with the casey being 1/2 sour dieselv3 this cross to the sd ibl should put out some very sour diesel type plant's and the search for keepers should be relativly easy....

yeah i knew the Casey had some SDv3, (loved that sdv3), but i didn't realize it was half. i know there is some trainwreck in there too. anyway cheers for the info, no wonder 4 out of 5 phenos had distinctive SD attributes to them. yeah word, lets hope they are all keeperish, like last time.

this cross realy sounds sweet....i have a cj and a sd mum and love them....may i should mix up a both in a lil spiff

great to see you here buddah. it's true Rez and Head did awesome work on those strains. i still miss my sdv3 mum. it would be real nice if things went as planned, ending with me having another nice SD type keeper or 2.

my visitors have left, so i have no excuse other then time and the lack of it, :) plus the outdoor harvest, hehe, to not finish my flowering box. in fact at this stage i could speed the seedlings up by putting them in the flowering box under 600w if it was done. so.....

peace

picture.php

picture.php

B

bonecarver_OG

:D hehe yeah the cvats love the weed almost as much as we do :D

when i walk around with a fresh cut nug or plant - the cats jump around my feet mmaking odd noises :D

i dont let em into the gro area though - they like mess around too much hehe :D

keep it cool mate :D

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
:D hehe yeah the cvats love the weed almost as much as we do :D

when i walk around with a fresh cut nug or plant - the cats jump around my feet mmaking odd noises :D

i dont let em into the gro area though - they like mess around too much hehe :D

keep it cool mate :D

lol, isn't it funny how meat eating cats would love eating cannabis leaves so much.

i also try to keep them out of my grow area. when the plants are big enough i some times pluck a leaf or 2 and bring it out to the cats.

anyway the sd x cj is coming along well, nice healthy vigorous growth. the 2 seed i am testing of my top44x sd/cj are not looking so hot, they are the ones in the middle.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

You seem to have some yellowing off and dying of lower leaves. Did you have nitrogen trouble with them?

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Looking good mate! I have just started a few beans myself.... How much longer will you veg the larger ones for? They look like they could be put onto drippers and flipped now, but I'm always eager to get to the buds :D lol.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
looking promisng mate :D

yeah they look to be on the right track now. maybe another week and it will be time to make the clones.

You seem to have some yellowing off and dying of lower leaves. Did you have nitrogen trouble with them?

i had trouble keeping them alive after the first popping of the seeds. thats why the bottom baby leaves are all dead. they look to being good and healthy now.

Looking good mate! I have just started a few beans myself.... How much longer will you veg the larger ones for? They look like they could be put onto drippers and flipped now, but I'm always eager to get to the buds :D lol.

remember im not just vegging them, these are gonna be mother plants. not too much longer and i'll be taking clones, then we shall see what these seedlings have in them. patience my friend the buds will come if i have anything to say about it :)

Here some pics i took a week ago and yesterday

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

G

guest5703

Sweet job so far buddy! Keep up the good work, should be some amazing dank at the end of this journey!

Why don't you flower these plants and veg out the clones into mothers? Or will they be too big by the time you're ready to take clones?

Justin_Credible

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary....
Veteran
I'm down for another journey with the G-man...
:blowbubbles:

So once u chop off some cuts those girls get some time to recoup and stagger them to add to the project with the cuts u take??? Nice looking man... :tiphat:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Sweet job so far buddy! Keep up the good work, should be some amazing dank at the end of this journey!

nice to have you along man. we shall see, but the dank thing is what i'm hoping for :)

Why don't you flower these plants and veg out the clones into mothers? Or will they be too big by the time you're ready to take clones?

the thing is these are un sexed, at least all but 2 of them are unknown sex. 2 of them seem to be female from the pre flowers, while 1 is showing what seems to be the beginnings of male pre flowers. also even if they were all female there are not enough plants. i want to put 15 to 20 under each 600watts light, so i'll need to make at least 60 clones to have a good chance of 40 decent ones making it.

basically i should have finished my flowering box by now so i could speed things up with more watts, but i'm limited by time issues and laziness issues :)

I'm down for another journey with the G-man...
:blowbubbles:

So once u chop off some cuts those girls get some time to recoup and stagger them to add to the project with the cuts u take??? Nice looking man... :tiphat:

my plan is to sex them all by means of taking a branch from each plant and sticking it in a cup of water under 12/12 lighting, in 2 weeks latest each branch will show sex and maybe even roots lol. point is ill know the sex of the parent plant of that branch. then i'll know which can be cloned for flowering and which are males and can be cut down to the minimum space needed to survive for seed making. as these are some of the last seeds of this cross i want to make a new batch using all the males on the bottom branches of 1of each female.

the next step should be finalizing the bloom box, then things can get moving much faster. to begin with i can stick my females from under 250watts to under 1200 watts to get them bush out fast enough to make the clones asap after sexing.

anyway thanks for your interest and joining me on this new trip :joint:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Nice man, they have come on quite a bit mate... So these lot are going to be mom, that's right, I remember now :joint: lol... How many clones will you take from them for the trays?

Latest posts

Latest posts