What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sealed Room, Gavitas Deficiencies

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
wow, thats a hell of a nice set up. why are the gavitas so high above the plants? amazing how well they are vegging at that huge distance. i know you have to hang them higher up then normal else they will burn your plants, but never saw them that high. anyway plants will soon stretch to the light and the flowering nutes might clear up the slight problems you referred to. some times a good flush with ph ed water followed by a watering with nutrient solution also clears things up. i only looked at the clip so excuse me if i'm missing some thing. anyway, great job, thanks for sharing.

The website recommends 3 feet from canopy and I have friends that recommend more. If you can see where my plants are now and imagine where they will be in about 20 days im scared of them growing into the light.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah 3 feet sounds right, i learned the hard way growing a stretchy strain in a tent on a table ended up with a lot of bud burnt, still yielded quite well surprisingly.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Hey man late to the thread but I sure recognize what's going on. I built a five gavita room three years ago and went through the same thing. 99% sure in two weeks your ladies will look perfect. Would have even without the intake/exhaust I believe. I resisted cutting holes in my room and would find they would turn to shit within four days but in two weeks they would be jamming. Not ideal I realize.

I attribute it to light intensity, nothing else. My five bulbs are now 40 months old and I don't see this issue anymore yet still pull 2+ per light even turned down to 600-750 watts.

Built a two light test room and am seeing it again even with lights turned down to 600 four foot away from plant tops. I veg under 600 single ended mh and all is good until they hit the gavitas.

Wish I could give some advice, what I learned was to jack up my plants on calmag for the week before they went in the flower room to get through the transition. They would always rebound after two weeks regardless but hitting them hard with calmag made a big difference for me.

Ganjaganjakush

This is day 25,All I use is jacks hydro and cal/nit. Tbh I just think your plants want more nitrogen, these get fed 300ppm jacks 5-12-26 and 300ppm of cal/nit 15-0-0. I go from a 600mh straight to my 6k de room with no problems with this feeding, 2 gals of coco every strain gets the same feed veg and bloom till about day 40 then I drop the cal/nit.
R9Se8bX.jpg

That's all I did when I switched to DEs was up the nitrogen/calcium and kept my other part of nutes the same.

Hey man late to the thread but I sure recognize what's going on. I built a five gavita room three years ago and went through the same thing. 99% sure in two weeks your ladies will look perfect. Would have even without the intake/exhaust I believe. I resisted cutting holes in my room and would find they would turn to shit within four days but in two weeks they would be jamming. Not ideal I realize.

I attribute it to light intensity, nothing else. My five bulbs are now 40 months old and I don't see this issue anymore yet still pull 2+ per light even turned down to 600-750 watts.

Built a two light test room and am seeing it again even with lights turned down to 600 four foot away from plant tops. I veg under 600 single ended mh and all is good until they hit the gavitas.

Wish I could give some advice, what I learned was to jack up my plants on calmag for the week before they went in the flower room to get through the transition. They would always rebound after two weeks regardless but hitting them hard with calmag made a big difference for me.

Thats crazy. Did you even get that issue when you tried to bump up the lights from 600 to 1000 very slowly? Thats what I was gonna attempt at about 1%-2% a day, but maybe I should just leave her at 600w for this round. When you fed cal-mag did you foliar it or did you feed heavy cal mag? They will bounce back for sure in 2 weeks under 600w but under 1000w they were not getting better.

This is day 25,All I use is jacks hydro and cal/nit. Tbh I just think your plants want more nitrogen, these get fed 300ppm jacks 5-12-26 and 300ppm of cal/nit 15-0-0. I go from a 600mh straight to my 6k de room with no problems with this feeding, 2 gals of coco every strain gets the same feed veg and bloom till about day 40 then I drop the cal/nit.
View Image

That's all I did when I switched to DEs was up the nitrogen/calcium and kept my other part of nutes the same.

Dam they look pretty healthy. Yeah I tried bumping my feeding up to 1.6 EC which is about 1000 ppm , but it didnt fix the issue. Do you have your gavitas at 1000w?

Thats crazy. Did you even get that issue when you tried to bump up the lights from 600 to 1000 very slowly? Thats what I was gonna attempt at about 1%-2% a day, but maybe I should just leave her at 600w for this round. When you fed cal-mag did you foliar it or did you feed heavy cal mag? They will bounce back for sure in 2 weeks under 600w but under 1000w they were not getting better.

Thank you, but lets see how this round goes. *fingers crossed*

Alright so a quick update.
Now in Day 8 of flower and the plants seem to be getting better.
Lights are at 670w and being turned up 10w-20w a day.
I am supplementing c02 now at about 500ppm-600ppm and bumping that up slowly too.
I kinda flipped while they were recovering so idk whats gonna happen.
Here is a video with a walk around the room.
You can still see sick parts of the room, but overall I think its ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0eonOQRSW8

flipisruff

Did you ever find out the cause of the problem? Was it too much light causing the plant to drink more and locking out other nutes?

EastCoast710

I have fed coco everyday my whole growing career. Never had an issue. I dont think the issue is overwatering but to be sure Ill let one of the plants dry out and see if it fixs

its overwatered.. causing ammonia issues..

saw it elsewere and they pretty much said.. if u feed everyday on smaller plants that aren't healthy and taking up that water everyday you could poison your plants.. wait until dry and flush with half to 3/4th strength nutes.. and watch your plants take off:thank you:

its overwatered.. causing ammonia issues..

saw it elsewere and they pretty much said.. if u feed everyday on smaller plants that aren't healthy and taking up that water everyday you could poison your plants.. wait until dry and flush with half to 3/4th strength nutes.. and watch your plants take off:thank you:

Nop, thankfully I got the issue fixed. Was not overwatering, it was actually the opposite. I had to start watering everyday with HOT HOT n nutes . 2.5EC to be exact. The issue laid in my mother plants I brought from WA and since I was such on a mission I had multiple times I left the plants in the garden with the light off for 3-5 days and very wet. Im prety sure I brewed up pyhtium and fusarium wilt in that short time. I was able to get my hands on a agricultural hydrogen peroxide called Oxidate2.0 which is a CONTACT KILL for pythium and fusarium. I ALSO FOLIAR SPRAYED A SYSTEMIC FUNGICIDE FROM THEM CALLED OXIPHOS AND IT IS HELPING ALSO. My next room is in day 12 so far and looking great, I think im over it.