What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sealed Room, Gavitas Deficiencies

yup even when the room is up in the 60-70% in looks like shit. I tried to lower it because i thought the plants were getting chocked out, but no difference in their appearance

jidoka

PH is the tail that wags the dog. It isnt right because the feed is fucked. Balance the feed and end of problems

PH is the tail that wags the dog. It isnt right because the feed is fucked. Balance the feed and end of problems
Half the room is getting fed FloraNova Bloom +cal mag (My recipe for the pas years)
The other half is getting fed a new nutrient that works well when I used in WA which is Vegbloom.
I feed 1.5EC at 5.8ph and what comes out is 1.3EC and 5.9ph.
This is usually what I use to make sure there is no issues with built up salts or ph. If done the slurry test too and got a ph of 5.9ph.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What type nutes and additives used?
What is your ph and ec of feed
What is your waters beginning{initial} ph/ec Do you know if it's hard water? Do you use a water softener prior to filtering?
Room humidity Day and Night?
400ppm co2 isn't enough.
Your temps look good so no problem there
Hand or auto feeding? How many times a day? How long if auto watering?
If hand watering, runoff or not?
Space between top of plants and Gavitas?

It took two pages for someone to ask the right questions.

I would try lowering feed a few points, many GSC types are pussies for feed.

Yeah, the thing is im not a beginner and these questions that are very basic have already been looked into , but ill answer them anyways.

What type nutes and additives used? Floranova Bloom + CALMAG on half the room the other half is getting fed the VEG BLOOM line up. The nutes are not the problm

What is your ph and ec of feed5.8-6.0 1.3EC-1.6EC

What is your waters beginning{initial} ph/ec Do you know if it's hard water? Do you use a water softener prior to filtering? Half my water comes from a well ran through a tallboy filter, the other half of my garden has been getting R.O water

Room humidity Day and Night? 45-70

400ppm co2 isn't enough. So why do outdoors plants that recieve 400 ppm grow 10 feet tall and put down 10+ # per plant?

Your temps look good so no problem there

Hand or auto feeding? How many times a day? How long if auto watering?
If hand watering, runoff or not?once a day with mad runoff.

Space between top of plants and Gavitas? Atleast 5 feet.

Im not a newb, ive been growing for years. This is not a " check your runoff"question.
I have racked my brain and checked alot of things before I even made this post.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
maybe some more pics would help diagnose?

have you added anything NEW to the room lately that could be off gassing?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The questions are to get a better understanding of your situation. That is why there is a stickied thread on the subject.

Other wise you get more random ass advice.

Cheers

Yes I understand, ive been just super stressed because of this whole issue. I have converted the room to an intake and exhaust style this morning. I alos sprayed some calmag/liquid karma foliar on the plants and the ones that had really bad cal magh issues are coming back. A far as the off gassing goes idk. Great Stuff Spray Foam, Noshua tape, Rmax Pannels. Now that the plants are at 5 lights at 600w and I have been intorducing fresh air well see how this goes. The plants are coming back, but they always come back when I turn down the wattage. This time i think ima get them really healthy with the intake exhaust and slowly start turning the wattage up as I flip. Ill post some pictures up today

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A far as the off gassing goes idk. Great Stuff Spray Foam, Noshua tape, Rmax Pannels.
all NEW?
that might could be the issue, i'm not saying it is.
glad you are rolling with the punches, that's what it takes
that shit would have me down also.

mo pics mo betta

I made a vid for better viewing. Intake exhaust are up and every time I had a chance for the last 2 days Ive been leaving then door open. They look to me like they are coming back, 1 side faster than the other , but im ok with that. I think the side on the left is coming back faster because i foliared it a day sooner than the left. I think ima foliar again lol

https://youtu.be/7KbhNR4QaBc

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
"400ppm co2 isn't enough. So why do outdoors plants that recieve 400 ppm grow 10 feet tall and put down 10+ # per plant?"

You aren't growing outside. Outdoor plants usually have many more months of veg time allowing them to get much bigger which translates to a much larger yield than indoor plants.
Higher indoor CO2 levels allow for larger harvest and quicker growth. Also, indoor co2 levels at 400 ppm won't remand consistent. It gets used up quickly, in a room with as many plants as you have, especially in a sealed room. When it's used up plants quit growing properly.
CO2 levels that are low, especially with all the light you have in that room, could be your problem. The higher the light levels the more you need in a sealed room. Unless you constantly recirculate and replenish the room.
If the scientist who study the effects of co2 on indoor crops who's research show higher co2 levels directly correlate to higher yields why would I waste my time and money supplying it at lower levels for no benefit?
I understand what you're saying but do some research on what I just said. A quick google search will give you much more detail than I care to type here.

Now, I have heard of growers having problems/effects on their plants when switching to gavitas. Others have great results. But it sounds like you have plenty of space between your lights and canopy so that's likely not your problem.
Feed rates and ph seem on point, but I rarely feed floranova above 1.4 ec
Well water at 8.0ph may be a problem. A lot of crap in hard water. I have the same type ph from my well and only use ro water because of it. But you're having the same problems using both well and ro so I doubt that's it.
Offgassing could be your main concern but I don't think thats the problem either.
Your problems get better when you turn lights below 600w watts but gets worst when you turn back up. Your nutes and ph are on point, your temps are on point, everything else is on point except for your co2. Look into it.