What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sealed Room, Gavitas Deficiencies

Lesterburnum

Sealed room...
If it's too tight without supplemental co2... They will use it all up.

They look locked out. Roots popping out is a great sign. I don't think it's over water. I water 5 times a day. After 3 weeks in final pot.

Too dry will do it.
What's your temp and humidity at day and night?

IronBackGorilla

Here let's go ahead and kick it old school. Check the pH of the water going into the pot. Then check the pH of the runoff. Also do the ec in the same manner. The results of doing that will determine how the water is behaving. Temperature in can also affect the water's chemistry. Also it's really hard to determine what's going on with the pictures you posted. I wish you the best of luck

redlaser

Veteran
I sent water to a company called Fruit Growers Lab and asked them to test it for irrigation suitability. It had cations, anions, minor elements, ph,ec,sar, and recomendations for amendments like sulphuric acid and gypsum and leaching requirements. It was 105.00, probably could find a cheaper place I'm sure to do it.

checking the ph and ec of the water going in and out would be important as well like the previous poster stated.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
What type nutes and additives used?
What is your ph and ec of feed
What is your waters beginning{initial} ph/ec Do you know if it's hard water? Do you use a water softener prior to filtering?
Room humidity Day and Night?
400ppm co2 isn't enough.
Your temps look good so no problem there
Hand or auto feeding? How many times a day? How long if auto watering?
If hand watering, runoff or not?
Space between top of plants and Gavitas?

What type nutes and additives used?
What is your ph and ec of feed
What is your waters beginning{initial} ph/ec Do you know if it's hard water? Do you use a water softener prior to filtering?
Room humidity Day and Night?
400ppm co2 isn't enough.
Your temps look good so no problem there
Hand or auto feeding? How many times a day? How long if auto watering?
If hand watering, runoff or not?
Space between top of plants and Gavitas?
I am using Veg Bloom on half the room and FLoranovabloom on the other half and the plants all look the same.
Feed 1.5 nad 5.8-6.0
I have some well water that comes out at 8.0 and 0.3EC, but I have also been feeding half the room with r.o which comes out 0.0 and more at 6.0 with no difference.
Humidity is 45-70 day and night.
Considering 400 ppm is atmospheric why would you say its not enough. Plants outdoors seem to do fine with 400ppm.
Hand water with mad runoff everyday.
Atleast 5 feet away

maimunji

This gavitas is really strong how close is bulbs to plants? Try to put some plants under different lights if they perk after few hours you will know. How they look in the beginning of light cycle?

THEY LOOK GREAT AT THE BGINING THEN START DECLINING. AS A MATTER OF FACT EVERYTIME I TURN THE LIGHTS UP I GET NEGATIVE EFFECT. I MEAN CMON THO ANYTHING ABOVE 600W HAS MY PLANTS DOING WIERD THINGS. IM SCOPING SOME LEAFS TODAY AND BOUGHT A NEW BOTTLE OF CAL MAG INCASE MINE GOT TOO HOT FOR THE SUMMER.
GONNA FOLIAR SOME LIQUID KARMA AND MAYBE ILL POST SOME PICTURE UPDATES. LAST NIGHT THEY LOOKED HORRIBLE AND I TOOK PICS AND THIS MORNING I DROPPED THEM TO 600W AND THEY LOOK "BETTER"

trying that for the next couple days. if not im actually gonna turn off 2 lights. Then if all else fails I guess ill try intake and exhaust.

jav2043

I would give it a good flush with 1/4-1/2 ec feed to eliminate any possibilities. I used veg bloom in coco with great results at 1.0 veg n 1.3 flower with no problems. Also no cal mag needed. If you scope them and see nothing moving around I would look into off gassing or light intensity closer. Good luck.

I would give it a good flush with 1/4-1/2 ec feed to eliminate any possibilities. I used veg bloom in coco with great results at 1.0 veg n 1.3 flower with no problems. Also no cal mag needed. If you scope them and see nothing moving around I would look into off gassing or light intensity closer. Good luck.
the only thing I could think would be off gassing would be the insulation RMAX boards but I doubt it. Could the reflective material be too much? I could try to panda film a wall, but I dont think thats the issue. They usually look ok when the lights turn on and then start drooping way before lights turn off. Are you in a sealed room Jay2043?

Ok so here is an update.
Yesterday I sprayed the plants with a foliar of Liquid Karma.
I turned down all my lights to 600w and unplugged one too.
So now there is 5 on at 600w
I also last night for about 20 mins opened the door and had in intake fan blow fresh air in the room.
This is a picture was taken at midnight last night
uXMcs71l.jpg

and this was taken just now.
5euNwOWl.jpg

There is not really a thing as "Overwatering"IMO there is only lack of oxygen to the root zone. I am in some fully rooted pots in coco. Even when coco is fully saturated i beleive it sill contains 15% oxygen. The reason you can feed and feed and feed when fully rooted not run into an issue. I used to transplant dixie cups into 70 gal coco beds and water them every day and they would never dry out.
Here some pics of my previous set up
qILa6bdl.jpg

1iw0qW8l.jpg

KUokdL0l.jpg

n4REJNLl.jpg

BLcO8sWl.jpg

Sorry if I went a lil HAM with the pics, just trying to show I have watered coco sucessfully for years everyday, if it was sopping wet it didnt matter to me. Water to runoff EVERYDAY. If I could I would of done multiple times a day, and in my last setup I was getting better and better and my plants were THRIVING.

Yes, thats what my gf says, lol but the thing is that if I keep turning down lights im gonna be growing a 2k...... Ive tried to up the lights in incriments of 5% a day and they still take a shit when you get close to 1k. I have friends with their canopy like 20-30 inches away from there 1k gavitas and no issues. Could the lights really be too strong even for plants that are like 5 feet away from the bulb? At this point im thinking/hoping its some sort of off gassing issue and maybe air exchange will be the fix. I think ima install a intake and exhaust today with some dampers and see what happens.

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
45%RH is too low for how warm it is during the day for your plants.

Google VPD chart.

VPD problems often show themselves as Mg deficiencies. BakedBandit asked twice what humidity was, he never got back here tho. I'd bet you are having VPD issues and if you figured out a way to get your RH up to 65-75% during the day you'd have your problem figured out.

Latest posts

Latest posts