What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sativa organic grow with ace seeds (Panama, Malawi, Killer A5 Haze)

Which is your favorite sativa strain lineage ?

• Thaï lineage

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • African lineage

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Central American lineage

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

FeelHaze

Otterly brilliant journal so far, good job !

Really loving what I see there. Long way ahead still before the finish line, wishing you good success!

:groupwave:
:party::woohoo::kewlpics::thanks:

I really appreciate your feedback @Kimes 🙏

They flower slowly but surely. It's my first time with such long flowering strains as I used to grow 9-10 weekers in the past. It's gonna be a challenge to keep them healthy till the end.

Old Uncle Ben

As some people already know, I started a grow with those same strains last december (2023). Unfortunately, I ended up with bad N toxicity and nutrient burn. The problem was that I added sea compost like I normally do with my hybrids but those sativas are way more sensitive. On the day I was supposed to flip from veg to flower, I made the decision to toss my plants and start over with new seeds (same strains) and a different soil mixt. That was a good decision. I confirm that plants are loving it.

Look at the difference in color. First pict is my current malawi. Second one is the other malawi I tossed a couple weeks ago because of N toxicity.

View attachment 18964016 View attachment 18964017
I don't see any N toxicity. Color is fine, no yellowing or chlorosis.

Whatever....good luck. Stretching will be an issue. Don't overdo the P. That will exascerbate stretch contrary to forum BS.

FeelHaze

I don't see any N toxicity. Color is fine, no yellowing or chlorosis.

Whatever....good luck. Stretching will be an issue. Don't overdo the P. That will exascerbate stretch contrary to forum BS.

I agree that symptoms were really mild. Leafs were a bit too dark for my liking and they had slightly burned tips. I got scared that this would lead to poor flower development and started again with a lighter organic soil mixture 😅

Stretch is now 100% over. You can fast forward on the thread to see the result (today is day 50 on 12/12).

oldworld

My notifications got turned off. I missed s lot here huh?
I'm at 12/12 !
That's why they seem slow! I thought 11/13 was standard with these. You're definitely in it for the long haul. Should be quite impressive though.
Day 50 in the flowering stage.

View attachment 18991664
That really is beautiful. It's a spiraling stairway to heaven. Or I'm just way too high
Thanks @goingrey

Since I've been vaporizing my herbs most of the time for the last couple years, I've been using the a lot the purple one and the bubbler bong (the two on the right) since they work well with a dynavap.

I still smoke regular bong hits on special occasion, parties and also to test my products to have a good idea of the full spectrum effects. I like the classic beaker and the green bong for those potent hits.

The bong on the left is retired as it is cracked a bit from the inside.

Bubbler bong + Dynavap
View attachment 18991709

What is your favorite glass piece or consumption method ?
I wanna get a Sherlock pipe. I haven't had a bong in years, too unwieldy. Maybe... Mostly I just use a little glass spoon pipe I think it's called, or carts. I'm still on the government weed, so that's the most convenient. And its all generic af anyway.

I have the dynavap, too. I don't like it. I feel like I get one really good hit, then it tastes like crap. And when I dump it, it is still very green. That's been my experience with vaping flower with any device. I'm not totally given up on it. I am gonna try to stick it in a bong shortly and see if I can just one hit it. But, otherwise I'll plan on sticking pieces of cob in a pipe. I'll definitely try the cob in the dyna as well. Maybe they won't turn into popcorn (I fucking hate popcorn) in a vape. That would be nice.

Old Uncle Ben

I agree that symptoms were really mild. Leafs were a bit too dark for my liking and they had slightly burned tips. I got scared that this would lead to poor flower development and started again with a lighter organic soil mixture 😅

Stretch is now 100% over. You can fast forward on the thread to see the result (today is day 50 on 12/12).

There is no such thing as leaves being "too dark". Having rich green leaves means you have a very healthy leaf full of chlorophyll....that's a good thing. Case in point:

TrainXSweettooth42DaysFlowerA1_15_04.jpg

TrainXSweettooth42DaysFlowerB1_15_04.jpg

Leaves don't "interfere with flower development". They're the reason why you have flowers in the first place. Recommend you get off the internet bro science and stick your nose in a Botany 101 book. :) Just a warning, you keep embracing this forum mindset and you'll never finish with a decent yield. You need to maintain, retain, plenty of healthy leaves until harvest.

You'll be fine if your faves get a balanced NPK with micros from start to finish, talking a 1-1-1 or there abouts. The problem with "all organic" grows is you really don't have a handle on plant nutrition like someone who is feeding synthetic chemicals/salts. Blood meal is my favorite source of organic N which I add to my custom soil mixes.

Happy gardening,
UB

Last edited:

oldworld

There is no such thing as leaves being "too dark". Having rich green leaves means you have a very healthy leaf full of chlorophyll....that's a good thing. Case in point:

View attachment 18992154

View attachment 18992155

Leaves don't "interfere with flower development". They're the reason why you have flowers in the first place. Recommend you get off the internet bro science and stick your nose in a Botany 101 book. :) Just a warning, you keep embracing this forum mindset and you'll never finish with a decent yield. You need to maintain, retain, plenty of healthy leaves until harvest.

You'll be fine if your faves get a balanced NPK with micros from start to finish, talking a 1-1-1 or there abouts. The problem with "all organic" grows is you really don't have a handle on plant nutrition like someone who is feeding synthetic chemicals/salts. Blood meal is my favorite source of organic N which I add to my custom soil mixes.

Happy gardening,
UB

What would you say about adding some osmocote to an all organic soil mix - what was originally intended to be a water only mix- uncle Ben?

Old Uncle Ben

What would you say about adding some osmocote to an all organic soil mix - what was originally intended to be a water only mix- uncle Ben?

Exactly what I've done recently and yes, that's all you have to do until harvest - water. Great indoor or outdoor solution.

SoilBulk.jpg
I'm really into organics but am not a purist. I don't endorce cults and that's exactly what the feel-good non-GMO, "organic and natural" trend is. I combine the best of both worlds embracing science, plant nutrition. I mix a bunch of organics in my tractor's bucket, stuff like pine bark mulch/fines, compost and/or horse manure if I have it, peat moss, the meals, etc...... Small handful of Os. Indoor-Outdoor Plus, 15-9-12 goes into each 2-3 pot. I also use apply mychorrizae fungi especially to perennials, but I digress. Applied it to recent cannabis gardens but didn't notice any benefit.

oldworld

Exactly what I've done recently and yes, that's all you have to do until harvest - water. Great indoor or outdoor solution.

View attachment 18992170 I'm really into organics but am not a purist. I don't endorce cults and that's exactly what the feel-good non-GMO, "organic and natural" trend is. I combine the best of both worlds embracing science, plant nutrition. I mix a bunch of organics in my tractor's bucket, stuff like pine bark mulch/fines, compost and/or horse manure if I have it, peat moss, the meals, etc...... Small handful of Os. Indoor-Outdoor Plus, 15-9-12 goes into each 2-3 pot. I also use apply mychorrizae fungi especially to perennials, but I digress. Applied it to recent cannabis gardens but didn't notice any benefit.

The who GMO/organic thing is about the wholistic treatment of industrial crops being unsavory. GMOs and inorganic fertilizers are just the enablers of the abuse. I think people miss that.

Yeah, I got this whole like half yard of very close to coots mix. It could be composted more... these would go together? Really what attracted me to it was the low maintenance. cut the plant out, drop a new one in and throw some fresh food on top. Compared to the little pots of coco with hydro nutes its been a breeze. But your way seems even simpler. And cheaper.

Edit... sorry, back on track now. Seriously killing it feelhaze

FeelHaze

My notifications got turned off. I missed s lot here huh?

That's why they seem slow! I thought 11/13 was standard with these. You're definitely in it for the long haul. Should be quite impressive though.

That really is beautiful. It's a spiraling stairway to heaven. Or I'm just way too high

I wanna get a Sherlock pipe. I haven't had a bong in years, too unwieldy. Maybe... Mostly I just use a little glass spoon pipe I think it's called, or carts. I'm still on the government weed, so that's the most convenient. And its all generic af anyway.

I have the dynavap, too. I don't like it. I feel like I get one really good hit, then it tastes like crap. And when I dump it, it is still very green. That's been my experience with vaping flower with any device. I'm not totally given up on it. I am gonna try to stick it in a bong shortly and see if I can just one hit it. But, otherwise I'll plan on sticking pieces of cob in a pipe. I'll definitely try the cob in the dyna as well. Maybe they won't turn into popcorn (I fucking hate popcorn) in a vape. That would be nice.
With Dynavap you have to vaporize the whole chamber in one hit and use water filtration for a nice experience. You can use some accessories like the armored cap or the simrell FMJ to facilitate that process.

oldworld

With Dynavap you have to vaporize the whole chamber in one hit and use water filtration for a nice experience. You can use some accessories like the armored cap or the simrell FMJ to facilitate that process.
I have the fmj. I hit it once, its good. Hit it again, without reheating and its bad. Ive never tried water filtration though, with any vape. I will... I need a bong.

FeelHaze

I have the fmj. I hit it once, its good. Hit it again, without reheating and its bad. Ive never tried water filtration though, with any vape. I will... I need a bong.
Thats why you need to finish the whole thing in one hit (hit #2 will have that horrible popcorn taste). A bong with good water filtration allows you to do that since it makes those big hits way smoother.

Last edited:

FeelHaze

View attachment 18992154

View attachment 18992155

Happy gardening,
UB

Thats for sure.

I keep most leaves during flowering as they act as solar panels, capting light energy and redirecting it for bud production.

I still remove a couple fan leaves. Mainly the one that are shading major bud sites or in contact with bud sites (to avoid condensation leading to bud rot).

I also go for dark leaves but try to avoid curling and burnt tips. In my experience, that tends to happen when te soil is too rich or the NPK ratio of the mixture is off (too much N in proportion).

I agree a 1-1-1 ratio is really good for organics 😁

FeelHaze

View attachment 18992170 I'm really into organics but am not a purist. I don't endorce cults and that's exactly what the feel-good non-GMO, "organic and natural" trend is. I combine the best of both worlds embracing science, plant nutrition. I mix a bunch of organics in my tractor's bucket, stuff like pine bark mulch/fines, compost and/or horse manure if I have it, peat moss, the meals, etc...... Small handful of Os. Indoor-Outdoor Plus, 15-9-12 goes into each 2-3 pot. I also use apply mychorrizae fungi especially to perennials, but I digress. Applied it to recent cannabis gardens but didn't notice any benefit.
Do you check PH and EC with organics ? That seems to be a controversial topic !

Old Uncle Ben

I still remove a couple fan leaves. Mainly the one that are shading major bud sites or in contact with bud sites (to avoid condensation leading to bud rot).
Another bro science drill. Bud sites DO NOT require light to produce, fill out. Leaves do, and here you are removing them. Typical noob drill.

Look at my posted pix. You think those crammed in plants and their buds got any light? Clue you in, no they didn't. It was the profuse large fan leaves, photon collectors, that produced a lot of great smokes.

I don't test for pH or EC.

UB

Nextgeneration73

I 100% know what you mean ahah !

Dry herb vape + bong gives a really good psychoactive high and the taste is really pure. The effects are strain specific but tends to be more on the clear headed side of the spectrum.

Regular bong hits have that unique old school vibe to them. The effects also seems to be a bit more complex. Depending on the strain, you can get stupid stone or have a nice psychedelic experience.

Still, health is a priority for me so I vaporize most of the time. I do bong hits a couple times per year.
You should do sample smokes, for instance and this is just a suggestion maybe pick off a tiny nug from the lower buds this week, one again two to three weeks later, and maybe a third all the way just a bit before harvest.... And maybe try and get an idea when it's more functional, when it's more energetic or calming, when it's the most intense trippy magical, and then maybe leave some buds to continue blooming long after harvest and get them into late smoke samples for the late CBN relaxing narcotic effects... But just giving you an idea.... 😊 It's up to you

Last edited:

FeelHaze

You should do sample smokes, for instance and this is just a suggestion maybe pick off a tiny nug from the lower buds this week, one again two to three weeks later, and maybe a third all the way just a bit before harvest.... And maybe try and get an idea when it's more functional, when it's more energetic or calming, when it's the most intense trippy magical, and then maybe leave some buds to continue blooming long after harvest and get them into late smoke samples for the late CBN relaxing narcotic effects... But just giving you an idea.... 😊 It's up to you

Ahah
I don't do that.
I like my fruits ripe 🍒

Latest posts

Latest posts